Euromillions Tonight-Invest in Cov? (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

on Tuesday its for the same amount £169m so wheres all the extra revenue gon

Apparently it’s going on the lower winning numbers , ie the 100tho prize draw becomes 300tho

Manchester_sky_blue

£169 million sounds like a lot but a club like Cov could soon burn through that. Building a stadium for the club to use isn't a bad idea but you'd need a watertight legal agreement to protect yourself against future liabilities and costs

ICHAN

Nope, £169 million would soon be gone investing in a football team, with very little reward, fans would still say you've invested nothing when it's all gone, and be the worst owner ever.

Greggs

What are the odds of winning something worthwhile? Can any maths wizards conjure up the odds of a grand or more back please?

shmmeee

What are the odds of winning something worthwhile? Can any maths wizards conjure up the odds of a grand or more back please?

Yeah it’s NoFuckingChance to the power of BuggerAll

Or in standard units: 1.64 GotAHandJobOffRachelRileys

Greggs

Yeah it’s NoFuckingChance to the power of BuggerAll

Or in standard units: 1.64 GotAHandJobOffRachelRileys
That's my thought bro, i know it would be nice, but it's practically burning money having a go!

Greggs

I mean someone’s gotta win, I’ll be playing tonight but doing so in the knowledge that I’m paying £2.50 to spend a couple of hours wondering what I’d do if I won rather than in any expectation of winning.
I hate those thoughts! For some reason it always ends up with hookers and cocaine haha

covcity4life

ah the dream of not having to work again

ive just bought another ticket lol

will give all 169m to mowbray to recruit :)

fellatio_Martinez

I mean someone’s gotta win, I’ll be playing tonight but doing so in the knowledge that I’m paying £2.50 to spend a couple of hours wondering what I’d do if I won rather than in any expectation of winning.

That's definitely part of the thrill. Spending all the money in my head. Imagining who I'd hire a hitman to kill etc.

Otis

Well, I've just won!!!!

Now what?

Hitman for the wife sorted (they're doing a 2 for 1 at the moment, so PM me). Table booked for 3 at the Hungry Horse (I like to go early), but I am not sure what to do with the rest. I do need some new socks though.

Might skip Primark and hit Debenhams instead.

Otis

It is actually quite scandalous to be honest.

Just checked the prize breakdown (I won £5.70) and for 4 numbers AND a lucky star, you win £129. That is shocking. 4 out of the 5 numbers and 1 out of the 2 lucky star numbers and you only win a poxy £129.

1 in 31,000 chance that and only just over a hundred quid.

stevefloyd

Well some jammy bastards never had much sleep last night after scooping £170m for the record i won fuck all grrrrrrrr... for the ordinary man to win that much money is really quite obscene (not that i would complain ) i hope they enjoy it and try to help genuine people in need

Mcbean

I can guarantee they won’t know what to do but they will certainly need some decent advice - I see that guy who bought into Partick is splitting with his wife

hill83

It’s a 50/50 chance to win the jackpot.
You either win it, or you don’t.
Plus buying 2 tickets doubles your chances.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Never been a fan of the rollover into such obscene amounts of money. Found it a bit weird that the last few weeks it's been capped at c.£170m with the extra going to the other prizes - why arbitrarily cap at that figure? Does anything above that suddenly become 'too much'? I'd rather every week they just said if no-one gets all the numbers the big prize goes to the next level.

I know that those in charge will have worked out that as the prize increases more tickets get sold, but it just seems silly to end up with one person winning £170m when you could have had 100 people with £1.7m. More than enough to scrape by on.

Manchester_sky_blue

I'd actually find winning £170 million quite stressful. I know that sounds pathetic bit think about it, you can't just stick that amount of money on the bank and forget about it, it has to be managed and it would almost be a job in itself.

Hypothetically if I won £170 million I'd team up with a local infrastructure charity and invest £100 million of it into a community development and charitable grant scheme. Imagine the improvements you could make to communities with that amount of cash to spend. £70 million would be more than enough to see my family and I living in comfort for the rest of our lives.

fellatio_Martinez

I'd actually find winning £170 million quite stressful. I know that sounds pathetic bit think about it, you can't just stick that amount of money on the bank and forget about it, it has to be managed and it would almost be a job in itself.

A bank would happily let you leave your money in an account while your earn £15k+ daily in interest. There's no rule that says you have to spend it.

I'd piss off to a private island for a few weeks to get my head around the whole thing.

ccfc92

A bank would happily let you leave your money in an account while your earn £15k+ daily in interest. There's no rule that says you have to spend it.

I'd piss off to a private island for a few weeks to get my head around the whole thing.

Don't forget to make any decisions post-nut for clarity....

ccfc92

Never been a fan of the rollover into such obscene amounts of money. Found it a bit weird that the last few weeks it's been capped at c.£170m with the extra going to the other prizes - why arbitrarily cap at that figure? Does anything above that suddenly become 'too much'? I'd rather every week they just said if no-one gets all the numbers the big prize goes to the next level.

I know that those in charge will have worked out that as the prize increases more tickets get sold, but it just seems silly to end up with one person winning £170m when you could have had 100 people with £1.7m. More than enough to scrape by on.

Agreed, I'd rather 170 people become Millionaires, than 1 person become stupidly rich.

mark82

Agreed, I'd rather 170 people become Millionaires, than 1 person become stupidly rich.

No way I'd invest in CCFC. Sisu have put in significant amounts of money (granted a lot of it is held as debt against the club - but not all) and they are still bad owners. Not unique to CCFC, look all around football for examples. Even £170 million wouldn't go far, and fans would still hate you because you haven't invested enough.

Sky Blue Harry H

No way I'd invest in CCFC. Sisu have put in significant amounts of money (granted a lot of it is held as debt against the club - but not all) and they are still bad owners. Not unique to CCFC, look all around football for examples. Even £170 million wouldn't go far, and fans would still hate you because you haven't invested enough.

You'd have a bloody stature built for you if you ousted SISU. Then it would be pulled down again if you didn't get us promoted!

Users who are viewing this thread