Euro’s 2020 players (1 Viewer)

Major Tom

Will we see any international players come in after the euros?

JimmyHillsbeard

Moldovan?

Breen scored (obvs) in a World Cup too if I remember rightly.

Yep Moldovan scored with an excellent finish as Romania beat England in the group game. He remains the only Cov player to score at a World Cup tournament.

Two years later (although obvs no longer with us) he was brought down for the decisive penalty by Phil Neville as Romania knocked England out of the Euros.

Gary Breen did score for Ireland in a 3-0 win over Saudi Arabia in the 2002 Workd Cup but was officially “unattached” after leaving City weeks before.

Terry_dactyl

Yep Moldovan scored with an excellent finish as Romania beat England in the group game. He remains the only Cov player to score at a World Cup tournament.

Two years later (although obvs no longer with us) he was brought down for the decisive penalty by Phil Neville as Romania knocked England out of the Euros.

Gary Breen did score for Ireland in a 3-0 win over Saudi Arabia in the 2002 Workd Cup but was officially “unattached” after leaving City weeks before.
Breen had already left had he? Well, I didn’t know that.
Moldovan was a strange signing. Clearly quality but IIRC never seemed to breakthrough the Huckerby/Dublin partnership.
Will always have legend status though.

JimmyHillsbeard

Breen had already left had he? Well, I didn’t know that.
Moldovan was a strange signing. Clearly quality but IIRC never seemed to breakthrough the Huckerby/Dublin partnership.
Will always have legend status though.

Breen was listed by fifa as unattached after seeing out his contract. He joined West Ham after the tournament.

Even though it seldom worked for him at City you could tell that Moldovan was a class striker and an instinctive finisher. Let’s not mention Bramhall Lane but remember Villa Park. To be honest I wasn’t surprised when he left after France98 but did think he might go to a higher profile league than Turkey.

SlowerThanPlatt

Kastaneer and Curaçao have a big game tomorrow against Panama. If they win that they will go into a final qualifying group with the likes of USA, Mexico and Canada for the 2022 World Cup

ccfc1234

We should be scouting at this level of player. There are a number of lesser known nations that are worth scouting. Turkey had a LWB I think who plays 2nd tier French football.

Sky Blue Harry H

We should be scouting at this level of player. There are a number of lesser known nations that are worth scouting. Turkey had a LWB I think who plays 2nd tier French football.

And was commented upon as their weak link....

Frostie

Not many players from lesser nations & lesser leagues will qualify for work permits.

slowpoke

Not many players from lesser nations & lesser leagues will qualify for work permits.
What are new rules for work permits I thought one stipulation was minimum salary of around £25k a year which I suspect covers most footballers.

Users who are viewing this thread