Transfer Rumour Ephron Mason-Clark (3 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

If I’d said this time last year that we’d have lost Vik and Gus, but spent £28.6m on the squad, and people were complaining we weren’t giving it a go, people would have thought I was mad.
tbf I came here for the meltdown about the type of deal it is, and am slightly disappointed that after a promising start it's all petered out into reasonableness.

Skipped some pages in the middle mind, maybe I missed the top notch crying?

shmmeee

tbf I came here for the meltdown about the type of deal it is, and am slightly disappointed that after a promising start it's all petered out into reasonableness.

Just one poster of questionable validity TBF

CCFCSteve

It was more the loan back situation that upset a few. Frustrating but is what it is. Personally a forward/winger on loan would’ve made it a great window for me. Not bad though Torp, Mason-Clark and keeping ohare. Another step forward

Mucca Mad Boys

Come the summer, Moore and Kelly will be released so thats a decent wage for a top notch free, bit like when Albion got Swift

Godden, Tavares and Allen will likely be moved on for a small fee, again, not too shabby on the wage front

Add to that the few million still rattling around from Gus, the inevitable 10 plus million from Viks move in the summer, we really should be in a position to add 3 or 4 of real quality to push for top 2 next season

Talk dirty to us 😂

Is this direct from your source?

SBT

The Tavares situation is just odd, going into next season he’ll be turning 24 without ever playing first team football consistently. In hindsight for him the move to us probably wasn’t the best idea.
He’s done brilliantly for himself here - having gone from being a Rochdale benchwarmer to signing a long-term contract with a Championship club off the back of almost no first team football is a great result for a player who’s almost totally unproven. He’s missed out on a lot of football of course but I imagine he’ll be able to get a move to another league club in the summer.

Mucca Mad Boys

Shows that Robins & co recognised the need for another winger then, but we got outfoxed by P'boro which left us with no time to find an alternative.

Any free agents worth looking at?

I don’t think we got outfoxed at all. We identified a target we really wanted and we got him. The loan back was not ideal but in his form, he would be worth a lot more than £3.5m in the summer - especially if Peterborough get promoted. Given that Peterborough are 3rd, there’s a real possibility of that happening.

Following comments from Peterborough’s chairman, it sounds like King is a good negotiator.

Delayed gratification Cam!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Come the summer, Moore and Kelly will be released so thats a decent wage for a top notch free, bit like when Albion got Swift

Godden, Tavares and Allen will likely be moved on for a small fee, again, not too shabby on the wage front

Add to that the few million still rattling around from Gus, the inevitable 10 plus million from Viks move in the summer, we really should be in a position to add 3 or 4 of real quality to push for top 2 next season
That will be offset by the loss of O'Hare though, we will either have to replace him with a player for a reasonable fee to develop over a few years or spend a big fee for a ready made replacement.

And if Gyokeres doesn't move on we won't have much of a transfer kitty at all.

If a big offer for say Sheaf or MVE comes in could you see them being allowed to leave and the money being spread around the team as we've done over the last 6 months?

Mcbean

I don’t think we got outfoxed at all. We identified a target we really wanted and we got him. The loan back was not ideal but in his form, he would be worth a lot more than £3.5m in the summer - especially if Peterborough get promoted. Given that Peterborough are 3rd, there’s a real possibility of that happening.

Following comments from Peterborough’s chairman, it sounds like King is a good negotiator.

Delayed gratification Cam!
wouldnt Godden be heading the other way in July ?

shmmeee

Feel like that's the final piece of the puzzle. We can't drop £1-2m on 20+ players. Need a few to step up for depth.

Might be where the plan struggles a bit. Doubt DK plans to build a new Academy without a PL windfall.

AHC isn't going to attract elite talent. Just have to hope performance in the league persuades a few to join or stay.

The perfect announcement now would be that we’re using the partnership with UoW to build a new academy and training ground on their site, with access to various facilities and expertise they’ve got.

TomRad85

Interesting comments from robins today re squad depth.

basically saying we’re very light and he’s nervous.
If only we had a set period during the season where we could at least draft in some short term cover so our players don't break down. Let's call it... a transfer window? Yes that sounds good actually, I going to make some calls.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Matt smith

That will be offset by the loss of O'Hare though, we will either have to replace him with a player for a reasonable fee to develop over a few years or spend a big fee for a ready made replacement.

And if Gyokeres doesn't move on we won't have much of a transfer kitty at all.

If a big offer for say Sheaf or MVE comes in could you see them being allowed to leave and the money being spread around the team as we've done over the last 6 months?
Won’t have much of a kitty? I think we will regardless of vik going

Matt smith

If only we had a set period during the season where we could at least draft in some short term cover so our players don't break down. Let's call it... a transfer window? Yes that sounds good actually, I going to make some calls.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We go we’ve what’ve got

I think Allen starts tomorrow

Warwickhunt

Seems like a great signing but a shame we can't have him until the summer.

I am slightly disappointed though, only 1 signing, and we are slightly light in the wing department. An injury to Sakamoto and we're buggered, and no real competition for him or Wright. So we're left with square pegs in round holes if they get injured.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Will the lad be like Maddison when he was loaned back to us? Went for a stroll around the pitch and never committed to a tackle just in case of injury!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Won’t have much of a kitty? I think we will regardless of vik going
I'm not sure there's that much left in the pot tbh and we don't know what add ons we might have to start paying out either on Thomas, Kitching, Wright, MVE etc.
Can't imagine all the add ons are based on promotion.

hamertime

Season ticket sales incl. Premier League Packages, ticket sales, food and drink all combined over a season doesn't cover a squad of 20 players on an average of £10k p/w. That's before we've paid staff, run the Academy and everything else. Clubs in this league don't make money. If DK is using 20-30% of the fees from the summer to cover the shortfall, I'm fine with that. You feel differently about it?
Season ticket sales incl. Premier League Packages, ticket sales, food and drink all combined over a season doesn't cover a squad of 20 players on an average of £10k p/w. That's before we've paid staff, run the Academy and everything else. Clubs in this league don't make money. If DK is using 20-30% of the fees from the summer to cover the shortfall, I'm fine with that. You feel differently about it?
So he didn’t come in with any money to spend then? Look I’m not really knocking doug as I like him. I think we have been too conservative in this transfer window, we’re not in a position where we can afford to spend money on players for next season. I very much doubt we will make the play-offs now as the squad is not big enough. I agree with most of what Doug has done, but not this transfer.

samccov1987

Good signing but disappointed we have left ourselves short of wide cover. Throw in the Sheaf injury and just feel like we will run out of steam this year.

That said we do look like we’re building a really exciting squad of young and technical players for the years ahead. One which should get us promoted or at the very least provide the next high value sales to fund more squad building.

New tv deal next year is 50% bigger too so along with the wages freed up by Kelly, Moore and OHare moving on i fancy us to get a couple more stars in the summer.

stupot07

What has an injury he sustained after being 20-21 got to do with anything? He’s 23 now so would have got injured when he was 22, at a guess.
He was just 13 days from his 22nd Birthday when he got injured.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SBT

Will the lad be like Maddison when he was loaned back to us? Went for a stroll around the pitch and never committed to a tackle just in case of injury!
Difference here is that unlike us that season, Peterborough are very much in a race for promotion

SBT

We were definitely in the promotion race in January of that season
I had to go back and check - we were much more in it than I remember! But still eight points off the automatic places and clearly in financial disarray. Peterborough are one point away and could go top over Portsmouth if they don’t lose their games in hand. You’d hope that was motivation to play without fear!

Users who are viewing this thread