Transfer Rumour Ephron Mason-Clark (2 Viewers)

hamertime

Probably covers running costs
Surely ticket sale and merchandise are covering that, must be the best it’s been. I don’t get why we’re are buying for next season as our promotion chances will be the same as this.

itsabuzzard

Looking at some of these free agents there’s a couple I’d be tempted by, Im obviously not saying sign all of them at all just a couple I like the look of.
Josef Martinez
Helder Costa
Tarique Fosu
Peter Etebo
Ovie Ejaria
Lucas Joao
First one to come up with half a dozen anagrams of plants or animals wins a mystery prize.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I have been informed its a Gyokeres situation with O’hare that if we go up he stays if not he leaves, only difference is we wouldnt get any money from him but it is worth the gamble I think and no hard feelings to him if we dont make it and he goes, this one is legit like my sheaf info

Gibbo

So next season we’re looking at:

Collins/Wilson
MvE/Burroughs
Thomas/Latibeaudiere
Kitching/??
Bidwell/Dasilva
Torp/Howley
Sheaf/Eccles
Palmer/Allen
Saka/Tavares
Simms/Godden
Wright/Mason-Clark

Obviously needs a first team AM, backup CB, maybe another RW, CM and ST.
Mason-Clark has not been bought to be squad, surely. He replaces Palmer in your set up.

For those forever moaners, this is unbelievably strong compared with previous years in the Championship. There have been times during the summer in the recent past that we have needed 5,6 or even 7 new players of quality. There will always be gaps, but the list is quite modest.

Remember last year our back 5 was three loans, a bloke in his mid 30's and a left back being forced to play wing back

If there is a missing then it is real star quality, which Big Vik, Gus and Callum all have. Potentially the Thomas / Kitching pairing could have it and the hope is that Slim Vik and EMC will develop it. Saka is a fantastic player but I just wonder if people will get his number over time

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Surely ticket sale and merchandise are covering that, must be the best it’s been. I don’t get why we’re are buying for next season as our promotion chances will be the same as this.
It may have been the onpy way we could get the lad through the door, Posh are known for hard bargaining. Regardless of the strength of other teams next season id like to thibk we will be stronger than this time around. We totally revamped the squad in the summer and it took time to get that working well, we shouldnt be in the same position.

Having said all of that im still concerned that we are very light up front going into these last few months of the season, lets hope we can sustain our performances anyway.

Mr Panda

I have been informed its a Gyokeres situation with O’hare that if we go up he stays if not he leaves, only difference is we wouldnt get any money from him but it is worth the gamble I think and no hard feelings to him if we dont make it and he goes, this one is legit like my sheaf info

Probably stating the obvious at this point but I’ve been told he’s actually happy with our offer, agent as well. It really is just a case of taking time to see if something better comes along.

There’s a lot of talk about could the club stump up more, but it comes down to can he get something else more exciting?

Ashdown

This guy looks pretty decent but isn’t he a similar player to how we want Wright to play ? I was hoping perhaps for someone with some aerial prescence in the box. We seem to be putting some great balls in and winning too few of them.
Im surprised we didn’t offload Tavares who hasn’t really got a chance now has he ?

SkyblueTexan

Noticed his initials are EMC. So I’ll nickname him Einstein ala E=mc^2. Got a Torpedo and Einstein this Jan. Nice bit of business.

Martin180

This guy looks pretty decent but isn’t he a similar player to how we want Wright to play ? I was hoping perhaps for someone with some aerial prescence in the box. We seem to be putting some great balls in and winning too few of them.
Im surprised we didn’t offload Tavares who hasn’t really got a chance now has he ?
Somebody has to have wanted Tavares for him to be offloaded

PVA

He plays off the left for Posh this season, like Wright does for us.

Who knows next season, maybe he'll play there are Wright will go central. Maybe EMC could play the O'Hare role.

As for Tavares, I think we'd have seen him go if EMC didn't return to Posh on loan. As it is, if Simms or Godden got injured then he's the only striker option for the bench.

SleepyGinger

Watched sky sports news until midnight and the didn’t even mention it. Only focus was is Broja going to Fulham on loan or not.

Sick Boy

The Tavares situation is just odd, going into next season he’ll be turning 24 without ever playing first team football consistently. In hindsight for him the move to us probably wasn’t the best idea.

Big_Ben

You say he plays off the left for Posh, but looking at the video clips it seems to me that he spends a lot of time out on the right, more in Saka territory. Not a criticism, more of an observation.

PVA

Apparently why it took so long to get over the line was the loan back

We tried to get them to drop it, they wouldn't, the usual brinkmanship then agreed to it

It's a bit annoying, but shows that

1. Robins rates him enough to think he could have an instant impact
2. We obviously rate him incredibly highly for the future and couldn't risk missing out on him in the summer

jordan210

Posh fans say he’s the best player in league one by far And nearly as good as Toney was for them.

could be a great bit of business

Mucca Mad Boys

Probably stating the obvious at this point but I’ve been told he’s actually happy with our offer, agent as well. It really is just a case of taking time to see if something better comes along.

There’s a lot of talk about could the club stump up more, but it comes down to can he get something else more exciting?

Agreed. COH will want to prove he’s a Prem player, there was a lot of opposition at Villa to releasing him in the first place.

He’ll want to play at the next level and if someone offers him that, he probably won’t stay.

SeaSeeEffCee

The Tavares situation is just odd, going into next season he’ll be turning 24 without ever playing first team football consistently. In hindsight for him the move to us probably wasn’t the best idea.
I saw a stat on Twitter that he’s apparently only started 1 league game in his whole career.

slowpoke

Yes, read the U/21 age rule re foreign players, but dont bore me with an answer it’s over & done now move on.

He has just come back from a year out injured what do you expect. Let’s give him the next 4 months and see where he is then.

shmmeee

Mason-Clark has not been bought to be squad, surely. He replaces Palmer in your set up.

For those forever moaners, this is unbelievably strong compared with previous years in the Championship. There have been times during the summer in the recent past that we have needed 5,6 or even 7 new players of quality. There will always be gaps, but the list is quite modest.

Remember last year our back 5 was three loans, a bloke in his mid 30's and a left back being forced to play wing back

If there is a missing then it is real star quality, which Big Vik, Gus and Callum all have. Potentially the Thomas / Kitching pairing could have it and the hope is that Slim Vik and EMC will develop it. Saka is a fantastic player but I just wonder if people will get his number over time

Don’t think he’s the Cal replacement, for a start we don’t know for sure he’s off yet. Think he’s the left forward Robins has been after since the summer.

I think in a 22 man squad with a 20 man match day, the idea of “squad players” is a bit of a misnomer.

Sick Boy

He has just come back from a year out injured what do you expect. Let’s give him the next 4 months and see where he is then.
Regardless of that, outside of the PL you’d expect players who are 20-21 to have played some first team football.

nunchuckas

Random question, if we get to the playoffs and Peterborough are either already promoted or don't make the playoffs, can we use him in the playoffs?

Could be a handy secret weapon coming off the bench!

Users who are viewing this thread