Enobkahare Leaves Wolves... (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

Not for me. Was a huge Bright fan, but if he can't get in Wigan's squad - and is a massive liability - then it's not worth it.

Grendel

He’s like a good version of Kastaneer

A maverick with only self interest - is guess his brief time with us will end up being the highlight of his career

SkyBlueCRJ

Massive Bright fan towards the end of his time with us but he'd be a car crash in the Championship. We need reliable players if we are to be promoted, not carry-ons.

Mucca Mad Boys

This time last year, would 100% want him to stay.

After one year of not playing, and the stories around his attitude and lack of team spirit, I’d 100% avoid.

It’s a shame because he has more than enough talent to compete, but our success is built on a strong team ethic and commitment to the cause. If a player doesn’t fit into that, there’s no place for them here.

SBAndy

He used to go out drinking the night before games as well. Carries a bit of an entourage with him as well - cracking player but I’m not sold on him.

higgs

He used to go out drinking the night before games as well. Carries a bit of an entourage with him as well - cracking player but I’m not sold on him.
He needs to get rid of the hanger on s so or else his talent will be wasted

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

I love bright with all my heart. But we showed we can progress without him and if we do go up, we need players we can trust

Hobo

Surely Robins has got to be looking at him under the assumption we go up?
Why? We have moved on since he was here. You would probably re sign Baker and Doyle?

Frostie

This time last year, would 100% want him to stay.

After one year of not playing, and the stories around his attitude and lack of team spirit, I’d 100% avoid.

It’s a shame because he has more than enough talent to compete, but our success is built on a strong team ethic and commitment to the cause. If a player doesn’t fit into that, there’s no place for them here.

Spot on.

Magwitch

How do we know he has a bad attitude ?
Good player but I wouldn’t sign him, remember we will be a division higher next season and it’s a different market now, will be players knocking about this summer
provern in our league and higher

cc84cov

How do we know he has a bad attitude ?
Good player but I wouldn’t sign him, remember we will be a division higher next season and it’s a different market now, will be players knocking about this summer
provern in our league and higher
There have been various reports mate

Kieranp96

Good in league one under Robins but has done nothing since leaving us, unable to prove himself. Many players with similar stories. Stay clear and focus. We have a very good squad and I think we may get O'Hare. Not so worried about Walsh tbh as he was considered not good enough for Bristol even though has played really well for us. The step up may not go so well? O'Hare on the other hand looks a class act ready for a step up. Bayliss is another one that has not proven himself yet at a higher level after leaving us. I think Kelly also will find it more difficult. Think a few key spots will need tweaking with loanees of quality from the prem. I guarantee MR's and AV are already chomping at the bit with a list of targets in good order.
Walsh has been out best player all season, what are you on about?

skyblue1991

So youre saying he wouldn't get ahead of westbrook and shipley? Have a day off.
He wouldn't get in our starting 11.

Why are we looking to improve the bench, we should be looking to improve our strongest 11 and Bright isn't good enough. Again evidenced by Wigan who are bottom 5.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

I hear what everyone is saying. I guess growing up in the 70s I've always enjoyed the idea of a maverick in the team. I've listened to the podcasts and all the players say that Bright's talent is exceptional and the best player they have ever been on a pitch with. That was also evident from the stands. Totally different class. They also seemed to like the guy despite his not conforming to the usual set of rules.

We're going to need to step up next season; and it would be brilliant to see both O'Hare (admittedly a long shot) and Bright competing for the number 10 position. Bright was also bringing the best out of the other players during his spell here; Hiwula for example was transformed when Bright was on the pitch. Having someone so good and with such confidence on the pitch is really worth something.

Robins is a brilliant man-manager; and he knows the player. If he's confident he can the the best out of Bright it's a no brainer for me.

DannyThomas_1981

He wouldn't get in our starting 11.

Why are we looking to improve the bench, we should be looking to improve our strongest 11 and Bright isn't good enough. Again evidenced by Wigan who are bottom 5.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

No idea what's happened at Wigan 1991; might be off the field issues or maybe Bright doesn't fit the formation that they are playing.

But judging on his first spell with us, I would imagine that Robins would set up a formation that would allow Bright to create absolute havoc if we got him back.

Tommo1993

I’d sell Seppala and the new cathedral and the ring road to raise funds to buy Liam Walsh instead. Gone from loving Bright to being 0% interested in him.

rob9872

Short memories.

Amazing player with Premiership talent, but I doubt he'll ever play regularly at Prem level. However at Championship on a free with a manager who got the best out of him before and would know how to again.

In fact one of my fav things about him was the awards night. All players suit and tie apart from him. He wanderers in with open neck shirt, no tie or jacket and huge white trainers. Looked like he owned the place and you can't buy that swagger.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

SlowerThanPlatt

‪There have been far more talented players than him who haven’t achieved their potential. Ferdinand and Alex Ferguson said Ravel Morrison was the best youngster they’ve ever seen and this is at the biggest club in England

Ability is only not the be all of a footballer. Doyle wasn’t particularly talented but was a good reliable professional with high standards of himself/those around him and available for 40+ games a season

fatso

I hear what everyone is saying. I guess growing up in the 70s I've always enjoyed the idea of a maverick in the team. I've listened to the podcasts and all the players say that Bright's talent is exceptional and the best player they have ever been on a pitch with. That was also evident from the stands. Totally different class. They also seemed to like the guy despite his not conforming to the usual set of rules.

We're going to need to step up next season; and it would be brilliant to see both O'Hare (admittedly a long shot) and Bright competing for the number 10 position. Bright was also bringing the best out of the other players during his spell here; Hiwula for example was transformed when Bright was on the pitch. Having someone so good and with such confidence on the pitch is really worth something.

Robins is a brilliant man-manager; and he knows the player. If he's confident he can the the best out of Bright it's a no brainer for me.
At last, someone talking some common sence,
I cant believe how many fickle knee jerk reactionaries there are on here.

Greggs

Short memories.

Amazing player with Premiership talent, but I doubt he'll ever play regularly at Prem level. However at Championship on a free with a manager who got the best out of him before and would know how to again.

In fact one of my fav things about him was the awards night. All players suit and tie apart from him. He wanderers in with open neck shirt, no tie or jacket and huge white trainers. Looked like he owned the place and you can't buy that swagger.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.
it's Football, not X-Factor

Paxman II

Walsh has been out best player all season, what are you on about?

One of our best yes. But in league 1. But I don't see the same thing transforming itself into the championship but could equally be wrong. Let me put it this way, and this is just opinion. Who do you think would have the most positive influence in the championship, O'Hare or Walsh?

Mucca Mad Boys

He got away with it when he did well in League 1. He won't get away with it in the Championship.

If our promotion is confirmed we're in for a tough season, and someone who repeatedly doesn't show up to team meetings, trainings, or even boozes before games is someone who will cause issues in a tough season where we're probably going to be fighting relegation. This is probably why Wigan didn't want him involved at all.

Mavericks have to have the ability to back up their BS, if they can't, they become a complete liability.

Gibbo

The weird thing is that last season he disrupted a settled midfield. he was good, but did not help make a good team. I remember against Oxford he was all over the place, too much so. The midfield lost shape and coherence. He did not fit into the shape we were playing, this was covered by the periodic bits of brilliance. But he would fit in to 3-4-3 quite easily just as Allen has. It is just that 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 is no good for him. Skillful but not very quick

Users who are viewing this thread