England Vs Poland Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They have been on top so far..

kg82

Yup. England can't string 2 passes together. Gerrard and Carrick sitting too deep. Cleverley out of position. Johnson following the ball. But just as I've written this down we're starting to come more into it!!

Covstu

Really flat atbthe moment but they haven't really threatened in terms of shots yet...

scroobiustom

james milner= utter poo. my intellectual thought for the day.

Sawyer

How does Milner get in the squad, let alone the starting 11? Been a really boring, poor game imo. England didnt deserve to be on top when they scored, but they are and thats all that counts. Some great defending from Glen Johnson, who has been MoM so far.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
How does Milner get in the squad, let alone the starting 11? Been a really boring, poor game imo. England didnt deserve to be on top when they scored, but they are and thats all that counts. Some great defending from Glen Johnson, who has been MoM so far.

My thoughts exactly! Surely after the Euro's EVERYBODY saw how shite Miler is and shouldnt make the squad let alone the starting line up!

kg82

I don't think milners shite. He's playing the wrong position but I can see why hodgson plays him there with Johnson loving to get forward and suspect at defending. Sure, I'd like a more exciting player out there, but milners not shit.

Paxman II

England are utter rubbish tbf.
I see them looking like they intend to gain a goal and then see it out. No self belief that they can go on and dominate teams at all. Not even an attempt to show they are better. We are 1 nil up luckily.
As for the 'world class' Rooney? I just can't get my head round that. He's average or so and playing in a Man Utd team. I don't even know what his game consist of tbh.
We can't pass a ball, can't tackle and keep thumping it up to the smallest player on the pitch.
We don't deserve what we have.

kg82

Shit, crap. People will blame Hart for that, but why was Lescott giving a player in the 6 yard box that much space. Awful defending

Paxman II

I don't want a poor England team giving us false hope every time. Lets see them go for it more and entertain the supporters who would much rather see us having a good go at the opposition and losing or even not qualifying than this mundane rubbish we have to live with.

I though Hodgson a reasonable choice but beginning to think they are just 'overcoached' and filled with 'task' on the pitch instaed of more freedom to play.
Harry would of had us playing football good to watch and gone out every game to win.

kg82

Point taken but Hart did do more than Shout there so Lescott would have expected Hart to make it! He through himself at the ball!

Well, as a keeper I would expect my defender to be tight to that player before the corners taken. If that player has space and I see the ball going towards him it kind of forces my hand to come out for it. I accept Hart's made a mistake, but you have to look at the defender too.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Rooney was a far more exciting player to watch when he was between the ages of 18 -23

I think he will end up as a centre midfielder as a Scholes type player

Paxman II

Now they want to go forward? jeez we are frustrating. We stand still and ball watch most the time. Gerrard...= well passed his best we are carrying him 70 minutes hoping for a moment. It's rubbish.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well, as a keeper I would expect my defender to be tight to that player before the corners taken. If that player has space and I see the ball going towards him it kind of forces my hand to come out for it. I accept Hart's made a mistake, but you have to look at the defender too.

Dont get me wrong, im not taking any of the blame away from the defenders. They were just as much to blame,

scroobiustom

good ball from milner there

Paxman II

I've never seen a team waste the ball so much when they have it? What happens over this two week closure of the premier league and championship? They don't seems to achieve much do they? Half this team would not be near my squad sheet.

scroobiustom

1-1 not the worst result, given the performance. serious questions have to be asked about a few players though - rooney being the upper most in that q&a session

Tad

We just don't have the quality.

Paxman II

We have the quality we don't pick them! Our midfielders stand there and watch them! I think we have no chance of winning anything while we have our current system and FA lot at the helm. We over think it, we have forgotten it's a football game. Please get rid of the old guard, Gerrards and co and bring in the Oxlades and co from here on in. They have a different hunger and it shows.

Users who are viewing this thread