England v Wales matchday thread (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

News-MS-2004-09-21-FUNDAY_rdax_205x205.gif

England v Wales
European Championship Qualifying Group G
6th Sep 2011 KO 19:45
Ground: Wembley Stadium
Watch live on ITV1

England can move to the brink of Euro 2012 qualification with a victory over Wales in their penultimate Group G match on Tuesday evening.

The Three Lions had been locked in a battle for automatic progression to next summer's tournament with Montenegro, before a potentially decisive round of matches on Friday.

England cruised to a 3-0 success in Sofia against Bulgaria to move three points clear at the top, as Montenegro suffered a 2-1 defeat at the Cardiff City Stadium.

A home win at Wembley would therefore give Fabio Capello's men a six-point cushion and leave them needing just a draw from their final group game in Podgorica next month, while Montenegro would have to beat Switzerland away from home even if they manage to overcome England.

My predictions

Score 2-1 (Rooney, Young)

Formation

Hart
Smalling, Terry Cahill Cole
A.Johnson, Parker, Barry,Milner
Young
Rooney

Any matchday predictions/banter please post here.

Last edited:

ccfc_Tom

English but most my family are welsh so support both, really looking forward to this one. 2-2 (rooney 2) ( Ramsey , Morison)

maxcass

gone for 3 different bets, Rooney to score first, at 5/2, Walcott to score first at 6/1 and young to score first with England winning 3-1 at 60/1.

C'mon England!

guicey15

Can see England winning and scoring in the double figures :laugh: But then again i can see us doing shit like against Switzerland. 4-0, Rooney double, Young and maybe welbeck if he plays

wingy

Pretty dire upto now,heard more references to Rooneys new hair than anything about quality . Can't wait for saturday when we stick the regulation six past derby.

Covstu

well what a dull game that was! Wales were the better side (unfortunately) but go the result we needed

ccfc_Tom

Unlucky wales, was dreading when earnshaw was gonna come on. Such a bad fucking miss. Good england goal however.

Users who are viewing this thread