England v Ukraine (1 Viewer)

Covstu

What does everyone think tonight, going to be tough one. If we sit back we will get turned over, we cannot go all out attack but we need to take chances when they come. Big one tonight!!

Sky Blue Harry H

Can of 1664 at the ready. Most out of tune singing of our National Anthem I've ever heard !!!!!!

Come on England - attack like the City! PUSB

P.S. Their National Anthem even worse than ours :eek: Tune and singing !

Sadly it says something about the state of English football that Hodgson hasn't been able to call on a suitable replacement for the suspended Danny Welbeck.
Thank you Sky and the money men who control the current game in this country.
Sorry, rant over.

Covstu

why do we persist with Milner??? Am I the only one who doesn't think he contributes anything???

Sky Blue Harry H

Odds on Milner a) gets booked b) doesn't smile (even if he gets a hat trick!)

skybluesam1987

Asked the missus to get me a couple of ttinnies. She's only come back with Special Brew so I won't have a clue what's going on by the time the second half comes.

Sky Blue Harry H

Asked the missus to get me a couple of ttinnies. She's only come back with Special Brew so I won't have a clue what's going on by the time the second half comes.

I remember when I tried that for the first time - all the nerve ends on my body went into overdrive - thought nooooooooo - this is beyond drinking for enjoyment. Left well alone ever since:D

Sky Blue Harry H

Wilshere off - Milner still on (let me know when he does anything, including a smile). Ricky Lambert doing ok I think. Overall performance so so. If we go down 1-0, we'll all wonder why we didn't have a go at them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Absolute garbage, if we manage to limp to Brazil we will struggle to get out the group

The only teams we have beaten in qualifying are still Moldova and San Marino

Ashdown1

Can't agree more, what a pile of tripe. That's not international football standard is it??! The Ukrainians should be ashamed of their play acting as well.

Only one plus from this:
The excellent Cov flag in the corner !!

SkyBlueHomer

Seemed to be 2 teams more interested in not losing than risking everything and going all out for the win. Would have taken draw before the start and have fate in our own hands

CJ_covblaze

Can't agree more, what a pile of tripe. That's not international football standard is it??! The Ukrainians should be ashamed of their play acting as well.

Only one plus from this:
The excellent Cov flag in the corner !!

Why thank you :)

speedie87

How bad was that!!!!

Keep the fcuking ball!!!

Everyone seems to try and do everything running flat out. It's like people on FIFA who play the whole game holding down the sprint button.

SkyblueBazza

Uninspiring...but job done (nb: not well...but done)
Most worrying was the inability to string passes together consistently - what is that all about???

Big fella

We looked awful last night. Milner has no place in squad let alone the starting line up, Lambert's not good enough at this level, Lampard missing for 80 mins of the game. Walcott does not engage his brain and the same can be said for Walker. The only players coming out of this game with any positivity in my eyes are Cahil and A.Cole. RANT OVER

thaiskyblue

got the result, that's about it. we are miles behind the rest of the world, our league does not help. especially supporters who scream for the ball to moved forward quicker, but when we missed the 74 and 78 world cups this should have been addressed then. Now is way too late the premiership is all about foreign players and foreign owners why should they give a stuff about the English national team, we have made our bed.

got the result, that's about it. we are miles behind the rest of the world, our league does not help. especially supporters who scream for the ball to moved forward quicker, but when we missed the 74 and 78 world cups this should have been addressed then. Now is way too late the premiership is all about foreign players and foreign owners why should they give a stuff about the English national team, we have made our bed.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Users who are viewing this thread