England v Switzerland preview (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

engSwitzerland.png

England v Switzerland Euro 2012 Qualifier
K.O Saturday, 04/06/2011 Kick off 4.45pm
Venue: Wembley Stadium

Fabio Capello today named a 26-man squad to face Switzerland in a Euro 2012 qualifier at Wembley. Bobby Zamora and Rio Ferdinand return to the squad for the first time in 2011, while there is also a recall for Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick.

Wayne Rooney is suspended for the qualifier with the Swiss, so Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe and Bobby Zamora are the forward options.

England squad in full
Scott Carson, Joe Hart, David Stockdale;

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, John Terry, Kyle Walker;

Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young;

Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Bobby Zamora.

My Predictions

Formation: 4-4-1-1

J.Hart
G.Johnson, R.Ferdinand, J.Terry, A.Cole
A.Johnson, J.Wilshere, F.Lampard, S.Downing
A.Young
D.Bent

I think England will win 4-0 (Lampard, Young, Wilshere. Bent)

Predictions are welcomed. :)

Last edited:

CovScott88

Starting 11:

.....................Hart.....................
Johnson....Ferdinand....Terry....Cole
.............Parker....Wilshere............
..................Lampard..................
Walcott.............................Young
.....................Bent.....................

2-0 England. (Bent & Lampard pen)

rob9872

I'm a massive xenephobic Englishman who has watched many England games at Wembley and been away for the Euros too, but I'm really struggling to get excited about this upcoming game ... although I'll probably still end up watching it!

It's not because it's England, not because it's only a qualifier nor that the opposition is not the strongest, but I think I'm simply 'footballed out' at the moment. I think I need a complete break. Perhaps it's after another poor long City season (although it seems forever since our season ended) I never thought I would utter these words but I've had enough. I watched the CL final on Saturday and despite Barca being excellent I was watching for the sake of watching. I admired them , but couldn't get into it and had no allegience.

I would stop posting on here too but I need to keep checking in to get my fix of when players sign or if we're buying anyone.

rob9872

Fwiw 3-0 england first goal Walcott

covladzak

Im with you on this one Rich, my head says 2-0 to England.. My heart says will wallop the Swiss 4-0.....

canningt

I'm a massive xenephobic Englishman who has watched many England games at Wembley and been away for the Euros too, but I'm really struggling to get excited about this upcoming game ... although I'll probably still end up watching it!

It's not because it's England, not because it's only a qualifier nor that the opposition is not the strongest, but I think I'm simply 'footballed out' at the moment. I think I need a complete break. Perhaps it's after another poor long City season (although it seems forever since our season ended) I never thought I would utter these words but I've had enough. I watched the CL final on Saturday and despite Barca being excellent I was watching for the sake of watching. I admired them , but couldn't get into it and had no allegience.

I would stop posting on here too but I need to keep checking in to get my fix of when players sign or if we're buying anyone.

tbh i can hardly ever get behind watching england i don't know whether it's the fact everyone says we are going to win the world cup blah blah blah and we never even come close not too sure

rob9872

I've changed my mind - I hope we stuff em cause Sepp Bung Shatter is from there :)

Coventry La La La

I'm really looking forward to this! hopefully Young and Downing put in class display's and get the big moves away from Villa they deserve. :)

Coventry La La La

_53096735_carrick_getty.jpg

Michael Carrick out of England Euro 2012 qualifier

Midfielder Michael Carrick has pulled out of the England squad to face Switzerland in a Euro 2012 qualifier on Saturday because of injury.
The Manchester United player suffered a knock in the Champions League final defeat by Barcelona.

He reported to the England squad with what is believed to be a hip injury and has been unable to train
and has been released back to Man Utd's medical staff.

Disorganised1

1 - 1 be my prediction AAAArgh

Disorganised1

Shame this one wasn't in the prediction league - I'd be 2 points up

Paxman II

I still couldn't care less. I watched the first half debacle and took off for a shower. came back to see the same shower struggling to hold onto a 2-2 draw.

Get rid of the old guard, the likes of Ferdinand, terry and the poor bent, and others who are not good enough and build with Wilshire and co under a new manager.

We are predictable in a way man U were against Barca the other week.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
CAUTION: THIS IS A VEMOMOUS RANT.

What a crock of the usual old shit!
Shocking, We should give Capello the boot now for a start. What is the point, he doesn't give a crap. His body language says it all. When the Swiss scored his face pretty much said "Useless English rubbish... I'm going for refreshments for a twix and some fucking bovril!".... And yet I remain genuinely convinced that Capello is an absolute genuis. But he is simply unable to get England to play good football. I personally think we need a grass roots, old school English manager!
However Capello's team choices are baffling at best. The player that I get most irritated by is Theo Walcott... Please drop him all together, he has had chance after chance and is complete pants. He can run fast and thats about it, he cannot get around defenders most of the time, he has terible control and can't pass a long ball to save his life. I think Matty Jarvis would be a far better choice.
Joe Hart had a pretty bad game too! A lot of people I know gave him a hard time. Although I think he does not deserve to take it all, Admittedly he should have saved them but it was mostly down to shocking defending. He shouldn't have needed too. What is with a 2 man wall that moves out of the way of the ball, letting it fly straight through the middle (Theo).
We will get through the group stages but the group we have SHOULD be soo easy and yet we make it look difficult even when we win. I really don't care about our joke of a national team, in a way it would be good if they didn't even get through the group stages. I think i'll secretly cheer on Germany instead :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread