England v Poland (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

If the weather dies down they can close the roof an get the pitch dry within 30 minute

Nick

Administrator
And amazingly, from the U21 game: "Bit of a ruck going at the England U21 game. Fans, subs, coaches on the pitch. Danny Rose sent off for reacting badly to monkey chants." Great night for UEFA/FIFA!

Will all be englands fault!!

They are going to dry the pitch with underfloor heating and the roof closed. Imagine the humidity in there. Idiots.

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk 2

sw88

Chief Commentator!
According to the Polish official, they expected Heavy rain but didnt know there would be a down pour. Now I know English isnt her first language but dont these two usually result in the same thing? Then she goes on to say it takes 30 minutes for heating to remove water when roof closed roof but that cannot be closed until it stops raining, which it doesnt like its stopping anytime soon and even then it takes 20 minutes to close!

Now the ref is assessing a worse situation than he did earlier and still has to do the 'does the ball bounce or roll' test

Covstu

Exactly! Rain is friggin rain, they all knew it was going to be heavy! Cannot believe they are waiting an hour to get this game on!!!

Darth Robins

ITV should just play this on a loop until it kicks off

[video=youtube;QvMPXwqTMto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMPXwqTMto[/video]

Nick

Administrator
Fifa have a lot of work to do and questions to answer after everything tonight!

What do they expect to happen in 45 minutes? Why is nobody trying to sort the pitch?

Marty

539346_10151479613898136_1645198754_n.jpg

Nick

Administrator
They should have shut the roof then so they could play tonight!

Dock the pricks the points if they cant play the games!

TheHellion

Surely Poland cannot say 'we are not playing!'. They shouldn't have a choice!!

Surely if they flatly refuse to play, they're forfeiting the match? Therefore the points would surely be awarded to England on a bye? It's a simple choice surely. If it can't be played today, play it tomorrow. If Poland refuse to do that, then they should be forced to forfeit? I don't suppose this kind of situation is covered in the rules because it doesn't happen very often.

Edit: The rule as posted on the BBC news feed:

"Some relevant smallprint for you:

The Regulations Article 19.7 says that if game cannot be played, the game can be arranged for the next day. If that is still not possible, the game could even be played the day after if both associations agree.

If the match can't be played on third day, expenses incurred by the visiting association [in this case England] shall be split between the two associations.

The Fifa Organising Committee would then take any other necessary decisions regarding a replay."

Last edited:
Would it have hurt for one of the England players to nip out and clap the fans now it's been called off, shit gesture but better than walking off to there fancy plane with headphones on.

would have took 5 minutes

TheHellion

Would it have hurt for one of the England players to nip out and clap the fans now it's been called off, shit gesture but better than walking off to there fancy plane with headphones on.

would have took 5 minutes

I agree. They deserve it for sticking in there in these circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread