England v Belgium (4 Viewers)

TomRad85

Let's be honest Southgate has struggled to push a supposed great England side onto trophies in what is probably the weakest international era of the the last 50 years but sure , he's amazing
I hate the excuse of "who would replace him?" as a get out. There's 24 managers in League 2 for starters, then work your way up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Toney more dangerous than Kane as well. Brilliant. Maybe at this very moment, but otherwise, no he really really isn’t.
Yeah I agree. kane is world class but it's nice just to have a striker playing as a striker.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SBT

You do only pipe up when people question Southgate

In answer to your question, have you taken into account that Southgate has a far better tea even with the ropey defence than most of the of the recent managers.
It was my first post about Southgate in this thread out of several?

Seems slightly unfair to crucify Southgate with stats but then start wheeling out the caveats when someone asks how the same stats apply to literally all other managers!

Nick

Administrator
The defence of Southgate is a final in the euros, forgetting that he lost us the game by bottling it to go defensive and weird subs to take pens.

Evo1883

Seems slightly unfair to crucify Southgate with stats but then start wheeling out the caveats when someone asks how the same stats apply to literally all other managers!

I guess the answer is , different eras, with different quality of opposition

SBT

I guess the answer is , different eras, with different quality of opposition
Well that’s why I asked about contemporaries as well as predecessors, but if no-one can answer the question then I suppose we just let the stat hang there and slag the manager off some more

Nick

Administrator
Well that’s why I asked about contemporaries as well as predecessors, but if no-one can answer the question then I suppose we just let the stat hang there and slag the manager off some more
Cry more

Evo1883

It's a poor stat when you consider the drop off in recent years of many of the world's top nations .. but whatever we move

David O'Day

What are you on about? Southgate has a better team and is managing in a period where the big teams are worse than they have been in the past.

It's the very opposite of unfair.

SBT

It's a poor stat when you consider the drop off in recent years of many of the world's top nations .. but whatever we move
Well yes, if for context’s sake you had the stats for how other managers were faring against this supposedly dire field of international teams then that would make it very difficult to defend Southgate. That’s why I’m asking!

Nick

Administrator
Nearly another goal coming from mainoo being direct.

Henderson would have gone back to the defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread