England U20's (1 Viewer)

Covrock

Departed Birmingham Airport for Stuttgart today. Sat with 4 of them whilst I was on my break having a chat. Kent and Bryn Morris. They are really really nice guys. Had a nice conversation about the City, life in Cov. Obviously football and touched on rugby. If the powers to be at CCFC have any sense(yeah yeah)they will pull out the cash and sign them. It was pure luck I met them today and what a pleasure it was to meet them. PUSB

stupot07

Liverpool aren't going to let Kent go, he's only 18, the big clubs have large development squads so have a lot of youngsters floating about. I'd have thought at 20 Morris should have been challenging in the middlesborough squad. I've seen nothing special in him in his limited appearances for us so far.

Glad to hear they were nice lads though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

RFC

Departed Birmingham Airport for Stuttgart today. Sat with 4 of them whilst I was on my break having a chat. Kent and Bryn Morris. They are really really nice guys. Had a nice conversation about the City, life in Cov. Obviously football and touched on rugby. If the powers to be at CCFC have any sense(yeah yeah)they will pull out the cash and sign them. It was pure luck I met them today and what a pleasure it was to meet them. PUSB

If only life and football were so simple! Unfortunately many outside factors including Agents, doesn't matter how nice the individual players are.

covcity4life

we should sign them because they talked to you?

armstrong and kent in particular are primed for big things with their own clubs,are you really gonna blame sisu if we dont buy them?

also if you met them please tell me you told them to stay till end of season?

skybluebeduff

armstrong and kent in particular are primed for big things with their own clubs,are you really gonna blame sisu if we dont buy them?

Kent would need to leave Liverpool to progress, not many youngsters from there own academy progress at Liverpool, to many foreign players ahead of them, just look at there bench for this season games, and last season.

Make or break time for him even at 18y old, considering you see players like Galloway for Everton, Reece Oxford for West Ham being given chances now.

LB87ccfc

Liverpool aren't going to let Kent go, he's only 18, the big clubs have large development squads so have a lot of youngsters floating about. I'd have thought at 20 Morris should have been challenging in the middlesborough squad. I've seen nothing special in him in his limited appearances for us so far

Glad to hear they were nice lads though.

Morris is 19 and highly regarded at Middlesborough, and needing some experience playing mans football.

Captained England at various levels, and limited is the key word in your statement, purely because of the form of fleck and vincelot.

The lad has alot of talent, make no qualms about that.

stupot07

Fair enough, I can only judge on what I've seen so far. Doesn't standout to me. Perhaps middlesborough should have loaned him to club where he is going to play, at the minute I'd rather C Thomas plays ahead of him if Vincelot or Fleck can't play.

Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

Kent would need to leave Liverpool to progress, not many youngsters from there own academy progress at Liverpool, to many foreign players ahead of them, just look at there bench for this season games, and last season.

Make or break time for him even at 18y old, considering you see players like Galloway for Everton, Reece Oxford for West Ham being given chances now.

sterling,ibe,gomez,flanigan

most from academy i think, young english talent will be given chance at anfield.

kent will not be sold,especially before hes had a chance at least

Covrock

Covrock

In particular I really had a good conversation with Morris. All he wants is to play football for Cov. He loves the fans, where he lives and the people of Coventry. To me that ticks a few boxes. There was more to the conversation. To say that because I spoke to them and that we should sign them because of that is a little silly. In my job I've spoken to more prem players/sportsmen than I could shake a stick at and on my say so if we'd signed them we'd be in the champions league. These are keen young kids who want to play and win for Cov. Will they stay? I only got a smile. Will we get promoted? Yes. Brilliant attitude from, as I said, two nice lads.

skybluebeduff

sterling,ibe,gomez,flanigan

most from academy i think, young english talent will be given chance at anfield.

kent will not be sold,especially before hes had a chance at least

Sterling, Ibe, and Gomez all brought from other teams academys, they never "produced them" so to speak. ;)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Kent came on in the 82nd min & Morris 87th.

Hope they get some proper game time Thursday to make up for missing 2 City games

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fair enough, I can only judge on what I've seen so far. Doesn't standout to me. Perhaps middlesborough should have loaned him to club where he is going to play, at the minute I'd rather C Thomas plays ahead of him if Vincelot or Fleck can't play.

Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

For a moment I thought you were serious, then I saw you said you would play C Thomas ahead of him you jester.

stupot07

For a moment I thought you were serious, then I saw you said you would play C Thomas ahead of him you jester.

Typical that he would then go on to have a stinker in the JPT. I don't mind bringing in loans if they are good enough to improve the team, I just get frustrated that we've brought him in to sit in the bench, it's not even like he's an impact player. He's now preventing the likes of Thomas, Lawton and Finch get experience. Unless fleck or Vincelot get injured, I can't see him starting anymore than 5-10 games this season.

ceetee

I was impressed by what little I saw of Morris on Sat, except that, on one occasion he was bringing the ball out of defence and seemed to freeze when he saw the half way line. OMG another Connor Thomas I thought - I hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread