England team in the coming years (1 Viewer)

tisza

Piece in the Sun with a possible line up going forward
Henderson
TAA-Tomori-Gomez-Saka
Mount-Rice-Foden
Greenwood-Sancho-Rashford

Not too shabby.

Otis

Piece in the Sun with a possible line up going forward
Henderson
TAA-Tomori-Gomez-Saka
Mount-Rice-Foden
Greenwood-Sancho-Rashford

Not too shabby.
Solskaer says that Mason Greenwood is the best striker he has ever worked with.

It's looking very promising for a change. Not sure about Jordan Henderson in goal though.

CCFC88

Likes of Chilwell, Madison,Abraham all in the same age bracket.
Grealish also, looking forward to him playing in a team which doesn't have its back to the wall every week. Would love to see him at Arsenal think he'd fit in lovely there. Anywhere but Spurs as Jose will just stunt his progression I feel

CJ_covblaze

Rice has got to be one of the most over rated players in the league!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Don’t get him at all. I know Dier gets a lot of stick but judged on what he’s done for us in the past Rice isn’t fit to lace his boots.

Joy Division

This was one newspapers predicted England team of the future in 2007, with only one of those ever getting near fulfilling their potential.

england-2007.jpg

Otis

This was one newspapers predicted England team of the future in 2007, with only one of those ever getting near fulfilling their potential.

england-2007.jpg
I don't know who wrote that article, but checking up on those, many of them hadn't even played a single for their clubs at the time.

I think pretty much everyone in the current suggestion is playing regularly for their teams right now

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Both awful players

The do play a position that is easy to overlook and dismiss but it can allow someone else to shine, but with Rice especially I don't even see that. He has the occassional standout moment but on the whole I can't see how he adds that much as the security in front of the defence. Dier isn't the player he was a few years ago when he was reasonably effective.

I always look at players of that ilk and compare them to the likes of Carrick, Kante and Makelele and they're not fit to lace their boots. Rice is more in the mould of the Tom Cleverly - had a reputation from youth level but never actually materialised. Give it a few years and I reckon he'll have largely been forgotten. No idea why England felt the need to keep him out of Ireland's clutches.

skyblue1991

The other thing to bear in mind is just because someone plays well for the club doesn't mean they will play well for England.

Southgate or whoever the manager is at a time will have a system in mind and will want players to fit that system.

Too many times we have picked players just because they are playing well for their club and it doesn't work when the England manager wants to play a particular system.

CCFC88

Lets not write off a potential International mainstay before he's even turned 22 and has only played 7 times for England.

Henderson who plays a similar position had only played once for England and a couple of seasons under his belt for Sunderland at the point in his career Declan is at now. He's gone on to play 3 major tournaments (and counting) for England whilst captaining a team to PL and CL success.

He has plenty to improve and develop which he will probably be doing at a better club next season, can't believe people are writing him of before he's even really got going.

CCFC88

The do play a position that is easy to overlook and dismiss but it can allow someone else to shine, but with Rice especially I don't even see that. He has the occassional standout moment but on the whole I can't see how he adds that much as the security in front of the defence. Dier isn't the player he was a few years ago when he was reasonably effective.

I always look at players of that ilk and compare them to the likes of Carrick, Kante and Makelele and they're not fit to lace their boots. Rice is more in the mould of the Tom Cleverly - had a reputation from youth level but never actually materialised. Give it a few years and I reckon he'll have largely been forgotten. No idea why England felt the need to keep him out of Ireland's clutches.
I do think it's a position where experience and learning the game is key.

Rice is 21, at 21 Kante was playing 3rd tier French football, Makelele was playing for Nantes and Carrick was assisting in West Ham's relegation from the Prem.

Give the lad time before writing him off

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I do think it's a position where experience and learning the game is key.

Rice is 21, at 21 Kante was playing 3rd tier French football, Makelele was playing for Nantes and Carrick was assisting in West Ham's relegation from the Prem.

Give the lad time before writing him off

I realise he's got time. But when I was watching a young Carrick even at 18 I could see what he added. With Cleverly I didn't. I see far more of Cleverly than Carrick in Rice He may go on to develop and have an amazing career and he becomes more of a leader as he settles into being a senior player but I don't see it. He'll be one we talk about being 'young' and with 'potential' then before you know it you realise he's 26/27 and it doesn't apply anymore.

CCFC88

I realise he's got time. But when I was watching a young Carrick even at 18 I could see what he added. With Cleverly I didn't. I see far more of Cleverly than Carrick in Rice He may go on to develop and have an amazing career and he becomes more of a leader as he settles into being a senior player but I don't see it. He'll be one we talk about being 'young' and with 'potential' then before you know it you realise he's 26/27 and it doesn't apply anymore.
If you could tell at 18, when they were both playing youth football, then you're in the wrong job. Anyway time will tell, I think its highly unfair to effectively writing off an England international with 7 caps before turning 21.

Marty

I watched greenwood for the first time the other day and he looked class, strikes the ball so cleanly, couldn't believe he's still only 18, looks way ahead of the overrated rashford.

CJ_covblaze

Both awful players

I can see why Dier isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but having watched him a fair few times he adds value to our team (or squad at least). He’s been out of form but hopefully he can get it back. To be fair though my judgement is clouded a touch as he’s given me some of the biggest bruises I’ve had as a fan. Berlin, Marseille and Moscow. Another winning penalty in a shoot out too.

Blind-Faith

Grealish is so over rated it’s unbelievable! Nothing to do with him playing for the Villa, he probably is there best player but that doesn’t say much. I can’t remember him ever doing anything special when I’ve seen him play, just falls over anytime he gets touched.

Users who are viewing this thread