England games (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

No sign of a Sisu out flag yet, come on lads get your act together!

covmark

Maybe no one gives a fuck about sisu and they just want to enjoy the football.
Radical thinking, I know.

The Reverend Skyblue

God this game tonight is boring. I will give someone a hundred pounds who could convince me that Glen Johnson is better than a pub team player.

Chipfat

Johnson,Rooney and Welbeck are all over rated and if we had any depth in our game all 3 would be on holiday right now....

mark82

What a load of crap that was. Commentators saying how dominant we were. Well done England, a cracking draw against 10 man Honduras. Why can these players not perform at the levels they do for their clubs? Can't think of a decent performance between them tonight.

DaleM

I hope that we play a young team and at a Premiership pace.
It drives me nuts that International Football is so (slow) reserved.
Only my opinion but I think if Hodgson said go for it and play like you do week in week out we would batter any of them .

Otis

I hope that we play a young team and at a Premiership pace. Reply With Quote
It drives me nuts that International Football is so (slow) reserved.
Only my opinion but I think if Hodgson said go for it and play like you do week in week out we would batter any of them .

More invention with the younger team he put out on Wednesday. Went back to the old stagers last light and it became all rather stagnant again.

Needed Wednesday's team but with last night's back four, though couldn't agree more about Johnson. Last night he was complete garbage. A shadow of the player he once was.

Otis

International football=paint drying

Doesn't matter.

This is England and I am English and they are my team. Would you stop watching the City because it was boring?

City till I die, England till I die. That's my motto. You can take the Englishman out of England, but you can't take England out of the Englishman.

mark82

Doesn't matter.

This is England and I am English and they are my team. Would you stop watching the City because it was boring?

City till I die, England till I die. That's my motto. You can take the Englishman out of England, but you can't take England out of the Englishman.

Patriotism has been diluted in this country because we are told it isn't politically correct.

Otis

Patriotism has been diluted in this country because we are told it isn't politically correct.

By who though? Who's is to tell us what is and what isn't politically correct?

Seen many England flags going up around the houses these past few days and mine will be sitting proudly in the window come game day next Saturday night.:)

Last edited:

skybluetony176

It was a boring game last night. I should have took heed of Thor's warning and gone to bed when the thunder storm started.

Otis

Just because a saints day isn't celebrated doesn't take away the fact that it's a very patriotic country.

I know. That's what I am saying. Patriotic, but not so much on St. George's Day.

Should be a time where the country all unites as one and it's one big party like St. Patrick's Day.

covmark

I know. That's what I am saying. Patriotic, but not so much on St. George's Day.

Should be a time where the country all unites as one and it's one big party like St. Patrick's Day.

Agree with this, they should move one of the May bank holidays to St George's day, that would help hugely imo.

shmmeee

To be fair, a bank holiday on St Georges day would be massive blow to the likes of UKIP if the Tories did it before the election. I'd just be happy for another day off :D

The "you can't be patriotic" thing always seemed like the Yank "War on Christmas" that get wheeled out every year.

Spionkop

Otis, go for it if that's what you like. I don't find league football boring. Different style & approach to the game. Certainly don't find CCFC (away only) boring, I'm emotionally attached to them. It means something.
To me England may as well be London FC.
No connection with them.
But you enjoy it and I hope England give you something to cheer about.

Otis

Otis, go for it if that's what you like. I don't find league football boring. Different style & approach to the game. Certainly don't find CCFC (away only) boring, I'm emotionally attached to them. It means something.
No connection with them.

You are English but have no connection with a team representing England?

Okay. Each and every to their own.

ccfc92

No connection with them.

strange comment :thinking about: could you expand why you feel you have no connection with England? :confused:

Otis

I hate motor racing and showjumping and gymnastics and speedway and snooker, but if there is a team or player representing England in any of these sports events then I back them and root for them 100% and take great interest in how they have done, even if I don't watch the event itself.

Isn't that what being an Englishman is all about?

torchomatic

No bothered about England. Roll on the pre-season friendlies and the new season.

covmark

I hate motor racing and showjumping and gymnastics and speedway and snooker, but if there is a team or player representing England in any of these sports events then I back them and root for them 100% and take great interest in how they have done, even if I don't watch the event itself.

Isn't that what being an Englishman is all about?

you don't like snooker. disgraceful. I agree with everything else though.

mds

Except for some reason when it comes to St. George's Day. :(
Being English and patriotic is diluted because of the so called Great Britain.
Coventry then England then who cares about the rest!

RegTheDonk

By who though? Who's is to tell us what is and what isn't politically correct?

Seen many England flags going up around the houses these past few days and mine will be sitting proudly in the window come game day next Saturday night.:)

Sadly, a couple of tournaments back, we were asked not to put England flags up in our works. Even said we couldn't use the car park if we had them on our cars. At the time, think some council buildings also had that rule ... presumably so as not to upset the ethnic minorities, but also the EDL were quite active at the time and using the St George flag as their banner. Really p*d off at the time, those clowns hijacking my flag.

Anyway, we ignored the warning and put up flags and bunting...our response if we were challenged would have been we'll take them down as soon as Mr X (one of the top gaffers) removes his India plaque from his office. Nobody said a word thankfully.

B-Ban-Boogie

Haven't even noticed a CCFC one yet. Anyone else?

I saw one........ mine!!

20140607_145213.jpg 20140607_162145.jpg 20140607_185934.jpg

I got to the stadium nice and early to do some drinking in the car park (tailgating) and was surrounded by Honduran fans...but we had a great time with them.
Loads of England fans floating about and after about 20 minutes of hundreds of fans walking by... the very first 'club' shirt i see (except for the one's we were wearing) was a lady in a Cov home shirt
The group she was with were from Nuneaton and had flown over for the 2 games...:wave:

Then the lad top right of the picture where we are holding the flag open, comes by and we jig a little to 'We want Sisu Out' haha..
We have a beer, he shows his Coventry tattoo's to my American mates and all is good...

Then an official game photographer comes by and starts taking close up pictures of our shirts and the badge..
I ask the lad how\who he is and he's a Cov fan from Stratford..:D

We go in the ground an hour before K.O and i cannot get the flag at the front for love nor money... just no space at all so i have to put it on the 2nd level and unfortunately when we attacked (which was very rare lol) people stood up and blocked it...

During the lightening delay i had 3 people come up and shake my hand saying they were Cov fans.. one posts on GMK and for the life of me i cannot remember his name..

Shit game but great day!! :D

hill83

My England flag is already up. I prefer England games to Coventry games if I'm being honest. Can't wait for the World Cup to start.

Spionkop

I'm not English Otis. Though I've lived here most of my life. And I think England, for all its faults, is the best place in the world.
The few times I've been to Wembley (old & new) found it soulless. In the 1970s, sitting on those benches with no backs to them. And at the new Wembley, up in the Gods in plush corporate, very nice, but --- just so lacking in soul.
England briefly became England when they played internationals around the country. That was much better.
But any international football leaves me cold. There's no passion. All like chess or cat & mouse.
It's the same with the Warwickshire cricket, playing in Coventry, yes. But you may as well call Warwickshire - Birmingham. There is no connection.
And FIFA, well, don't get me started.
And well, CCFC, in Northampton...much longer and you may as well call them Northampton.
Have I said SISU OUT lately?

Otis

I'm not English Otis. Though I've lived here most of my life. And I think England, for all its faults, is the best place in the world.
The few times I've been to Wembley (old & new) found it soulless. In the 1970s, sitting on those benches with no backs to them. And at the new Wembley, up in the Gods in plush corporate, very nice, but --- just so lacking in soul.
England briefly became England when they played internationals around the country. That was much better.
But any international football leaves me cold. There's no passion. All like chess or cat & mouse.
It's the same with the Warwickshire cricket, playing in Coventry, yes. But you may as well call Warwickshire - Birmingham. There is no connection.
And FIFA, well, don't get me started.
And well, CCFC, in Northampton...much longer and you may as well call them Northampton.
Have I said SISU OUT lately?

I think so, yes.

ccfc92

My England flag is already up. I prefer England games to Coventry games if I'm being honest. Can't wait for the World Cup to start.

Does anyone else get the same feelings though when watching either of them? A mediocre team, letting you down and driving you mad?

Very similar teams, England and CCFC IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread