Engineering COVID Results for the games (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Have seen Ireland have had 2 false positives.

Makes you wonder how many teams will be engineering covid results to try and get games cancelled etc when they dont fancy it.

higgs

Makes you wonder how many teams will be engineering covid results to try and get games cancelled etc when they dont fancy it.
Can we get the Brentford game cancelled then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covstu

We be interesting to see whether Liverpool will be able to continue given their tier 3 tonight?

SBT

This isn't Sunday league we're talking about here, no-one is going to try this. If teams want to throw games for some reason (and risk the fines, point penalties and loss of income that may come with it) then there has to be many easier ways to do it.

Also, false positives aren't exactly easy to fake are they?

Brylowes

Are the tests not carried out by some form of independent body ?

Nick

Administrator

If you don't fancy it, just blag all of your players have been around people with COVID so are self isolating. They don't have to have a positive test.

Crewe had the first game called off on the 3rd October, played on Saturday and have now had the re-arranged game called off.

SlowerThanPlatt

What’s the motive behind Crewe not wanting to play Oxford? Have they got a lot of injuries?

They played Wigan on Saturday who are depleted and waiting for their takeover to be completed

SBT

I don't get it, why would they want to call it off for no apparent reason unless they are feeling a bit lazy

They've got a lot more incentive to hide positive covid tests than they do to invent false ones. People are already screaming for points deductions.

wingy

Do they not have money to test but are aware of symptoms,either within the squad/club or their families ?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Do they not have money to test but are aware of symptoms,either within the squad/club or their families ?
Makes you wonder what would be possible if we had a fit for purpose, free to use, functional, track and trace system set up in this rich country of ours. Maybe even a “world beating” one ;)

If all players, family and friends could get free, quick tests it would surely help with a lot of these issues.

Frostie

Teams postponing games for any reason, including COVID, are subject to an EFL investigation which can lead to points deductions which is why Tranmere played a massively weakened team at the weekend. That said Tranmere have milked it by claiming they might face a 15 point deduction; although technically true there's no way that would happen.

Liquid Gold

Teams postponing games for any reason, including COVID, are subject to an EFL investigation which can lead to points deductions which is why Tranmere played a massively weakened team at the weekend. That said Tranmere have milked it by claiming they might face a 15 point deduction; although technically true there's no way that would happen.

giphy.gif

Garryb80

Was hardly massively weakened. The starting 11 were all experienced league players even if it wasn't their first choice.

SlowerThanPlatt

Was hardly massively weakened. The starting 11 were all experienced league players even if it wasn't their first choice.

What does that have to do with anything? I think if any team, particularly a lower league team, lost 5 or 6 starters they’re going to be massively weakened. Look at Liverpool! I know we would if we lost Marosi and had to play Wilson or lost Dabo and had to play Pask.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Tranmere have pissed me off ever since their idea at the end of season vote that somehow would see them stay up. Bunch of nappies.

SBT

So this week alone we've had AZ Alkmaar and Shakhtar each have 13 players ruled out for Covid, but travel to Napoli and Real Madrid anyway and end up beating them both. Nevermind teams using Covid as an excuse, looks like teams are using it as an inspiration!

Sky Blue Harry H

To be fair there are times, when a team is hit by having a few players out with shortish term injuries / niggles that they must wish that an important game could be called off, so if there was a loophole they'd wish to exploit it. I have to admit as to being confused how Ayew was allowed to play against us the other night, having previously been around a load of Cov-id positive Ghana players.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair there are times, when a team is hit by having a few players out with shortish term injuries / niggles that they must wish that an important game could be called off, so if there was a loophole they'd wish to exploit it. I have to admit as to being confused how Ayew was allowed to play against us the other night, having previously been around a load of Cov-id positive Ghana players.

Surely it doesn't have to be a positive test, they could be self-isolating like Rooney.

Sky Blue Harry H

Surely it doesn't have to be a positive test, they could be self-isolating like Rooney.

Don't disagree - my point was if Ayew had been amongst a group, a lot of whom who tested positive, not sure how he didn't have to self isolate.

Users who are viewing this thread