endorsement of Fleck from Beckham.... what went wrong? (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GQL4Wj15iM

Found from the archives this vid of beckss speaking about fleck when he was the next 'hyped thing' .... what i want to know is whats happened with this? ... hes gone from the next big thing... presumably of the back of displaying bagss of talent... to now not even getting in our matchday squad (possibly due to injuries not even sure of his current situation in the slightest)... showed in pre season from his goal at accrington that he has obvious talent... just a flash in the pan? ... or are we still to see the best of him in a cov shirt? thoughtss

JulianDarbyFTW

There are lots of players who were once the 'next big thing'. Francis Jeffers, Richard Wright, Jermaine Pennant, David Nugent, just off the top of my head. Some players thrive under the label, others fail. Fleck is one of those who has failed, which is why he's playing 3rd division football. Why has he failed? Not sure - could be confidence, temperament, desire, fitness; who knows?

SkyBlueUkeman

He hasn't failed in the slightest. He has injury problems that have hampered him in his career, but when on form he is a real special player to watch. You've got to remember he's still only 22.

pusbccfc

Anyone else think he could be the centre forward to replace Goldy.
He's evidently better than Rod and Elliott.

covcity4life

Barton fleck Thomas

We have a premier league midfield!

Cov fans getting on flecks back now they can't boo Baker. Yawn

dongonzalos

He hasn't failed in the slightest. He has injury problems that have hampered him in his career, but when on form he is a real special player to watch. You've got to remember he's still only 22.

Exactly and he hasn't been able to put a consistent run together without injuries with us either yet.
He will feature for us and be an important player.

Sky Blue Kid

?????..............At what point does Becks even mention his name? Unless I was watching a totally different "Clip" to everyone else, Becks never said that Fleck was good, Bad, or indifferent!. The only thing I got was "He's still only 17, and has got a great Mentor in McCoist" Since when is this an "Endorsement"?:thinking about:

dongonzalos

?????..............At what point does Becks even mention his name? Unless I was watching a totally different "Clip" to everyone else, Becks never said that Fleck was good, Bad, or indifferent!. The only thing I got was "He's still only 17, and has got a great Mentor in McCoist" Since when is this an "Endorsement"?:thinking about:

I posted a direct quote on here the other day from Becks having played against Fleck where he says he is a very good player.

Sky Blue Kid

@ dongonzalos..

I never saw your "Direct quote" so can't comment on it m8:D
I'm passing comment on the "Youtube Clip" and unless I'm mistaken, at no point is there any sort of "Endorsement"...unless it was aimed at either McLeish, or McCoist.:D

dongonzalos

@ dongonzalos..

I never saw your "Direct quote" so can't comment on it m8:D
I'm passing comment on the "Youtube Clip" and unless I'm mistaken, at no point is there any sort of "Endorsement"...unless it was aimed at either McLeish, or McCoist.:D

I didn't watch the clip mate, don't know I'd it is the same thing, but Becks has called him a good player after playing against him. So the potential is there just hope it gets unlocked.

skybluegod

Really how do you know he's a special player to watch? what has he done in the last couple years?

Grendel

Possibly the fact he is our top assist man despite hardly playing, is it something like 5 assists in 9 games.

How many from open play?

WillieStanley

He's a decent young player, unlucky not to fulfil his early potential, yet. He's not a second footstep into his career yet and being branded a failure?! Come on! I'm glad we've got him and think that once he sheds a few pounds and can runfor longer than 45 minutes... He'll be great!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Obviously he hasn't lived up to the hype when he was a 16/17 years old

I still think he can be a good player for us, needs to get his head down and work hard on the training pitch

Users who are viewing this thread