End of season review (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Finally the end of the season, so, what are your answers to these?

Player of the season:
Performance of the season:
Surprise of the season:
Favourite game:
Favourite moment:
Favourite player:
Biggest disappointment:

Player of the season: Doyle - Mr consistent. While he does actually give the ball away, his determination and drive is brilliant. You need a player like Doyle, especially in the lower leagues. The number of games he has played at his age is remarkable.

Performance of the season: Luton away - They were on fire when we played them scoring goals galore, yet we went and played them off the park. Honourable mentions for Stoke, Cheltenham and Exeter.

Surprise of the season: Tom Bayliss - Quite literally came out of nowhere. Honourable mentions to Shipley and the progression in Biamou.

Favourite game: Notts County away - It had everything. Brilliant goals, superb atmosphere and a great performance.

Favourite moment: The third goal at Wembley. It was at that moment you knew we were up. Honourable mentions for the final scenes at MK, the end of the County game and Grimmer's goal against Stoke.

Favourite player: Biamou - The hard-work and general charisma is great. Honourable mentions for Tom Davies and Grimmer.

Biggest disappointment: Vincenti - Had such high hopes for the player, yet he was so poor. Honourable mentions are for the poor crowd in the first leg of the play offs and Carl Baker re-signing!

Add any others questions you think should be answered!

CovInEssex

Player of the season: Sparky - You can have the great harmony and friendship within a team all you want, but without someone putting the ball in the back of the net you aren't going to get very far.
Performance of the season: County away - absolutely bricking it all week and we go and do that to them.
Surprise of the season: The quality of football Robins' has got us playing.
Favourite game: County away, a proper football match with an unreal amount of passion.
Favourite moment: Just the relief of securing promotion.
Favourite player: Bayliss.
Biggest disappointment: Jodi's injury, not his fault I know.

AFCCOVENTRY

Player of the season:
Marc McNulty. Without his goals we wouldn't have finished in the play offs. Especially once we lost Jones and Andreu.

2nd leg at Notts County. Such a big pressure game and completely steam rolled them at their place for a final spot.

Surprise of the season:
Tom Bayliss. Came in as there was nobody else once Jones and Andreu were out. Team performances were very one dimensional. Came in a changed the team dynamic and flair.

Favourite game: Wembley. We did it!

Favourite moment: Guy at the start of season who had a go at the players on the pitch.
Doyle marshalled him off the pitch. Passion.

Favourite player: McNulty. Finally a proper high scoring striker.
Biggest disappointment: Vincenti. Not much to say.

speedie87

Player of the season:
Mcnulty

For 45 mins the 1st half home v Luton - for 90mins Luton or Lincoln away

Surprise of the season:

Jones scoring a hat trick opening day and looking too good for the league

Favourite game:

Notts away in playoffs

Favourite moment:
Grimmer goal v stoke -

Favourite player:
Stokes

Biggest disappointment
Player wise vincentti

Bennosdancingfeet

McNulty

Notts county away

The football we are now playing

Wembley play off final

Grimmers goal 3-0

Doyle- captain fantastic what we’d be crying out for

No disappointments- we achieved what we had to do in the most glorious fashion.

pusbccfc

Player of the season:
Marc McNulty. Without his goals we wouldn't have finished in the play offs. Especially once we lost Jones and Andreu.

2nd leg at Notts County. Such a big pressure game and completely steam rolled them at their place for a final spot.

Surprise of the season:
Tom Bayliss. Came in as there was nobody else once Jones and Andreu were out. Team performances were very one dimensional. Came in a changed the team dynamic and flair.

Favourite game: Wembley. We did it!

Favourite moment: Guy at the start of season who had a go at the players on the pitch.
Doyle marshalled him off the pitch. Passion.

Favourite player: McNulty. Finally a proper high scoring striker.
Biggest disappointment: Vincenti. Not much to say.

Completely forgot about that bloke on the pitch! Haha!

rob9872

Player of the season: bringbackrattles
Performance of the season: Grendel in the corbyn thread
Surprise of the season: posters still moaning at Burge
Favourite game:brexiteers
Vs remoaners
Favourite moment:torch being given the all clear
Favourite player:Macca or Moff and sw88 for the games I can't get to
Biggest disappointment:sky blue ruffian wanting Robins out

Mucca Mad Boys

Player of the season:
McNulty, 28 goals speaks for itself. He put in an absolutely outstanding 2018 and he won us so many games and points.

In the league, either Luton or Cheltenham away you’d say, to win 6-1 was massive for us going into the playoffs.

But, our performance in the playoff final was fantastic. So much pressure and we delivered.

Surprise of the season:

Tom Bayliss, I’d heard about Shipley and Maycock as potential youngsters coming through the ranks. Bayliss was an unknown quantity and his impact has been huge since his first appearance. Special mention for Shipley, his form towards the end of the season is very encouraging too.

Favourite game:

First game of the season v Notts County, so much optimism and the game I got my little brother hooked on Coventry City after years of trying.

Favourite moment:

My favourite moment ever as a Coventry City supporter, was Grimmer’s goal v Exeter. To send us 3-0 up, there was no freak miracle that could’ve denied us promotion!

Favourite player:

Jodi Jones when he was fit, now I’d say McNulty or Doyle. Although Tom Davies deserves a shout out for his hilarious chat at times.

Biggest disappointment:
Results aside, ACL injuries to Jones and Andreu was bitterly disappointing. So to was Stevenson, I heard nothing but good things before this season and he failed to make an impact. Great decision to let him go for 500k.

win9nut

Player of the season: McNulty for obvious reasons
Performance of the season: Notts County, playoff semi final 2nd leg, amazing performance and atmosphere
Surprise of the season: Grimmers goal against Stoke, amazing how the Stoke defence backed off him until it was too late. my drink went everywhere and i couldnt stop laughing out of surprise
Favourite game: Exeter at Wembley, awesome day, really enjoyed myself
Favourite moment: Celebrating the Wembley goals with my dad and brother like we were all 12 year old kids!
Favourite player: Doyle (honourable mention for Biamou, he has really improved over the course of the season shows great determination and graft)
Biggest disappointment: Andreu and Jones injuries

Kilclines curly mullet

Doyle
Mansfield away was the performance of the season. 10 men coming back to draw. In the meantime putting a halt to their promotion charge. Our season started there.
Willis goal at Wembley
County away
Watching the players celebrate at Wembley, a real bond with the fans
Doyle
Vincente, the early season booing of McNulty and Biamou.

Covstu

Player of the season: Doyle - we missed him when he didn’t play, he gave us stability and a true captain
Performance of the season: County away - a game that we had to step up and boy did we. Most of us thought we would flap this game
Surprise of the season: Shipley.- really grew into the role, can score goals, strong, can’t wait to see him next season in league one
Favourite game: MK Dons - just a great day all round!
Favourite moment: Biamou’s screamer, we all wanted him to score and what a goal!
Favourite player: Grimmer
Biggest disappointment: injuries to our two key players in jones and Andreu. Plus the lack of fans at home

Otis

Player of the season:
Surprise of the season:
Favourite game:
Favourite moment:
Favourite player:
Biggest disappointment:

Player of the season: Doyle, very closely followed by McNumpty Paperwork.

Performance of the season: Notts County away in the play-offs, by a very wide country mile. One of the very best performances I have seen from us in years.

Surprise of the season: Just how important Michael Doyle proved to be to us. He was a massive, massive factor to our fortunes.

Favourite game: Notts County away. Enjoyed that game so much.

Favourite moment: The look on Kevin Nolan's face when he stood there with ball in hand on the touchline at Meadow Lane.

Favourite player: Tom Davies. Immense. Honourable mentions for Bayliss and Shipley and of course, Mr. Paperwork.

Biggest disappointment: On the player front, Vincenti and Beavon. Heard great things about Vincenti and was expecting to see great things from him. Beavon I thought, although not a regular starter, would have a significant part to play this season, from the bench at least.

Also very disappointed that Dion Kelly-Evans didn't make it.

Game wise, the Yeovil home game and also the Accrington home game, where we had the big crowd and we all thought this might be the game where we could compete for out and out promotion.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Player of the season: McNulty - I admit being excited about him at the start, losing faith with him once he missed that one on one at Chesterfield - but then came roaring back. Is a class act

Performance of the season: County away... hated that week in between, but my god didn’t we turn on the style

Surprise of the season: beating Stoke... I joked about it, never thought it would happen though

Favourite game: Wembley - the last game (hopefully ever) in this hell hole league

Favourite moment: Shipley’s goal @ Wembley, when you have that luck you knew it was over

Favourite player: Liam Kelly - weird one I know. But at the start of the season I thought he was class in midfield. After he was injured he tailed off but was class again in the play offs

Biggest disappointment: Vincenti & Rod’s after injury form

superskyblue

Player of the season: McNulty - without him we'd have been midtable
Performance of the season: Notts County away - we blitzed them
Surprise of the season: Bayliss coming from nowhere to being probably our best player
Favourite game: Swindon away. First time I thought we had any chance of going up.
Favourite moment: McNulty pen at home to Notts County. What a relief!
Favourite player: Jodi Jones
Biggest disappointment: Alton Towers. It's rubbish.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Player of the season:
McNulty, absolute goal machine. It feels weird we have a 28 goal season striker who somehow feels like he's underrated by our fans.

Notts County away in the playoffs. Was such a tall order going there needing a result and for the first 45 minutes it was men against boys.

Surprise of the season:

Fairly unoriginal but Bayliss. When Stevenson left, he had already took a bit of a grip on the position but was worried it left us a bit light with an ageing Doyle, a so far uninspiring Kelly & a youth in Bayliss, but how wrong I was.

Favourite game:

Notts County away in the playoffs. Best atmosphere I can remember being in & probably all round evening topped Wembley. My best night as a City fan.

Favourite moment:

Doyler in front of the Notts away end about 20 minutes after the game had finished, everyone staying around and chanting/celebrating

Favourite player:

Tom Bayliss. What a player.

Biggest disappointment:
Losing home and away to Forest Green & not capitalising against the weaker teams in the division costing us automatics, although I wouldn't have changed the playoffs with the foresight of the result

pusbccfc

Player of the season:
McNulty, absolute goal machine. It feels weird we have a 28 goal season striker who somehow feels like he's underrated by our fans.

Notts County away in the playoffs. Was such a tall order going there needing a result and for the first 45 minutes it was men against boys.

Surprise of the season:

Fairly unoriginal but Bayliss. When Stevenson left, he had already took a bit of a grip on the position but was worried it left us a bit light with an ageing Doyle, a so far uninspiring Kelly & a youth in Bayliss, but how wrong I was.

Favourite game:

Notts County away in the playoffs. Best atmosphere I can remember being in & probably all round evening topped Wembley. My best night as a City fan.

Favourite moment:

Doyler in front of the Notts away end about 20 minutes after the game had finished, everyone staying around and chanting/celebrating

Favourite player:

Tom Bayliss. What a player.

Biggest disappointment:
Losing home and away to Forest Green & not capitalising against the weaker teams in the division costing us automatics, although I wouldn't have changed the playoffs with the foresight of the result

I think the problem is he was so poor for the first 3/4 months. That is why I couldn't give him my player of the season. He went from one extreme to the other. Robins worked wonders on turning he and Biamou's form around.

ajsccfc

Player of the season: Michael Doyle. We had him for years and I didn't miss him at all until he came back and showed us what we'd missed.
Has to be the second leg at Notts County. I'd almost got used to us failing to live up to big expectation
Surprise of the season:
The sheer turnaround in feeling towards the club and vice versa. Sure, Fisher gets booed when he's on the big screen and that will never go away until they do, but I don't remember seeing a closer relationship between team and fans. As important as the footballing side is, this is the kind of thing that can help breed momentum and success also.
Favourite game:
Rather than the more obvious recent ones which I had trouble enjoying until they were over I think it'd be Grimsby at home, probably the only time I remember feeling so comfortable watching us.
Favourite moment:
Biamou's second at Notts County, the point it became clear we weren't throwing this one away
Favourite player:
Everyone, after that season. No exceptions. Peter Vincenti, Stuart Beavon, the loanee guy I thought we'd sent back, luv u all xxx
Biggest disappointment:
Coventry 2-6 Yeovil. Fucking hell, still have trouble with it.

covcity4life

Player of the season: marc mcnulty. 28 goals is enough but also fact he is a good dribbler whilst strong on ball too

Performance of the season: notts county 2nd leg, was sure we would lose and we just played like men and not boys,something ccfc fans are not used too

Surprise of the season: shipley, saw him against blackburn in league cup and he looked shite, but he became a major part of our promotion

Favourite game:
playoff final as with every other win it qas quickly onto next week, this one was the clincher

Favourite moment:
jones hatrick on first day of season, was so happy and confident we would rinse league 2 lol, but has to go to shipleys goal in playoff final as i just knew we had done it there and then

Favourite player:
marc mcnulty,said it many times,my fav player since dublin

Biggest disappointment:
jones and andreus injuries but it didnt cost us in the end but hurt at the time. also nazon going back on loan, i proved sbt wrong on him and we would have got autos had he stayed imo,but hey ho who cares,playoff wins are more memorable, he did well at oldham so everyone happy.

Bertola

Player of the season:
Mcnulty - Goals, Assists, Points. The man delivered it all

Notts County away - Playoffs.

Surprise of the season:
Tom Bayliss's emergence

Favourite game:

Notts away in playoffs

Favourite moment:
Doyler lifting the trophy on Monday

Favourite player:
Jodi Jones

Biggest disappointment
whenever Doyle or Kelly give the ball away

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Fisher getting booed was a highlight for me. Incredible noise.
Yeah the look on his face when he heard the boos and then looked up at the big screen and saw himself,
PRICELESS.

Users who are viewing this thread