END OF SEASON AWARDS EVENING (1 Viewer)

skyblue_55

It’s been another good season & it could well continue to include 3 Wembley visits .
Along with our continued success , has been the money that fans have had to fork out ….. & then the awards evening comes along with a massive £60 increase on last year .
Doug is maximising profit for the club , but this is a piss take , for the people that usually attend & going off last year , we were crammed in like sardines .. ….
Any thoughts ?

SkyBlueScottie

I thought the price increase was a bit steep, however based on improvements around the ground and apparently the premium section, there's a decent chance that the evening experience will be improved.

Deity

Am I right in thinking it’s £150 per person ?

Leicester is £250
Aston Villa £250

I’m not suggesting the event quality is the same as I have no idea but it doesn’t sound like the club are profit maximising or being unfair ….

Viktor17

Don’t mean to be flipant - but £150 is not bad at all for this. Obviously everyone has different views on what’s value.

Need to stop looking back - the club was a shambles, pricing a mess etc etc - we are now being operated as a proper club/business and price is being reflected.

same with boxes/tickets etc - will ST prices go up, yes, highly likely.

Viktor17

Player of the year - Sheaf (Bidwell so close) but sheaf makes or breaks us.
Most improved - Eccles (thomas close, deffo improved from August)
Young player of the year - Eccles
Top scorer - Ellis Simms

CV22SBA

It’s been another good season & it could well continue to include 3 Wembley visits .
Along with our continued success , has been the money that fans have had to fork out ….. & then the awards evening comes along with a massive £60 increase on last year .
Doug is maximising profit for the club , but this is a piss take , for the people that usually attend & going off last year , we were crammed in like sardines .. ….
Any thoughts ?
Yes. Stop fucking moaning about prices. Everything was far too cheap in the past to attract people to actually go. It’s still far cheaper than other clubs events. It will also sellout. Simple really, if it’s too expensive don’t go.

Deity

The uncomfortable truth that fans have to accept is that football is a business and an expensive one.

The higher up the pyramid we go the less inclusive and affordable it will be for our supporters.

Some fans that have supported City through thin and thinner won’t be able to afford the higher prices. They will be replaced with less committed fans or new fans who can afford them.

It’s not nice but it is how the business model works for football and therefore for Coventry.

In the premier league UK fans are now complaining that they are being priced out in favour of international tourist fans. Why ? Because clubs know those fans who come for the weekend or less frequently than season ticket holders spend more at the club shop and in the ground when they do come. They want to make the most of that rare experience.

torchomatic

£150 may be cheaper compared to other teams but it still prices out the ordinary fan.

ccfc1234

The uncomfortable truth that fans have to accept is that football is a business and an expensive one.

The higher up the pyramid we go the less inclusive and affordable it will be for our supporters.

Some fans that have supported City through thin and thinner won’t be able to afford the higher prices. They will be replaced with less committed fans or new fans who can afford them.

It’s not nice but it is how the business model works for football and therefore for Coventry.

In the premier league UK fans are now complaining that they are being priced out in favour of international tourist fans. Why ? Because clubs know those fans who come for the weekend or less frequently than season ticket holders spend more at the club shop and in the ground when they do come. They want to make the most of that rare experience.
While I agree with the logic and reasoning, it's frankly not right. Yes, football is a free market but it is also a community asset and as such occupies a slightly different space in that free market. I think the introduction of a generously positioned total squad salary cap would stop the on going hyper inflation in player salaries.

TV revenue (in the PL) dwarfs what clubs make from ticket sales and again I think there should be some protection for fans around any exponential price increases as for some fans football has positive benefits for their social interactions and as a by product their mental health etc. Given the extent clubs rely on community services to support their enterprises, in my view they are somewhat more obliged to consider community impacts in ways a hedge fund would not be.

£150 for the dinner seems fine as its a corporate event and I think it might be live streamed too.

Viktor17

£150 may be cheaper compared to other teams but it still prices out the ordinary fan.
Disagree. Friends who support PL teams are paying up to £80 for a match - certain games, top end tier tickets

My tickets to 6 nations games this year were £150 each.

What is the ordinary fan nowadays and what's an appropriate price? Because I would say £150 to go to a black tie evening with your football team and management is very very decent.

Ricketts

Top scorer - Ellis Simms
I can’t disagree with that.
I’ve got my tickets already. Looking forward to it.

Deity

While I agree with the logic and reasoning, it's frankly not right. Yes, football is a free market but it is also a community asset and as such occupies a slightly different space in that free market. I think the introduction of a generously positioned total squad salary cap would stop the on going hyper inflation in player salaries.

TV revenue (in the PL) dwarfs what clubs make from ticket sales and again I think there should be some protection for fans around any exponential price increases as for some fans football has positive benefits for their social interactions and as a by product their mental health etc. Given the extent clubs rely on community services to support their enterprises, in my view they are somewhat more obliged to consider community impacts in ways a hedge fund would not be.

£150 for the dinner seems fine as its a corporate event and I think it might be live streamed too.
I don’t disagree with your aspirations or sentiments. but my comments are predicated on the current business model not some future state model.

I was definitely interested at £90pp considering I'd have 4 people to buy for, even though £360 is a fair whack for one evening without even drinks or travel to take into account. But at £600 there just isn't enough value in it for me at that price. I'm sure we'll sell out and it will be a great night for all.

Ashdown

Yes I agree with all this. Whilst I appreciate to compete City need to maximise revenues what a shame that some fans will be priced out in time. Makes you wonder if it really would be more ‘fun’ to be in the Premier League watching oil sponsored superstars at top dollar with VAR fucking all spontaneity up 🤷‍♂️

torchomatic

I don’t think this is an event aimed at “the ordinary fan”
True, which is a shame, as it is the ordinary fan that makes this all possible.

torchomatic

What is the ordinary fan nowadays and what's an appropriate price? Because I would say £150 to go to a black tie evening with your football team and management is very very decent.

....if you can afford it.

Adge

Top scorer - Ellis Simms
Young player of the season-Eccles? He’s 24.🤔

Adge

Anyone been? Tempted but my mates are saying too expensive so might end up on my own
It is about right regarding cost I think. I’m looking forward to putting my suit on and having a photo with Doug 😁

Woolly68

I went last year with my Daughter. Brilliant night. She got loads of photos and autographs. Players were in good spirits. Would have gone again but can’t do the date. Would recommend it.

Alkhen

POTY: Sheaf, praise him, give him a raise and make him club captain then beg him to give us another year.
Improved: Eccles (can't be a new signing like quite a few have picked can it?! What have they improved on)
YPOY: Simms
Top scorer: barring a late run from Bidders it's Simms or Wright

Covcraig@bury

Will them Mad Hatters be going ? Asking for a friend 🤦‍♂️. Wouldn’t want to be in the same room as them embarrassing scruffy twats .

Ashdown

Sheaf POTY, COH has made a good contribution too as has MVE and Simms and Wright not to mention Saka and Bidwell. Eccles has come on no end but Simms has to be the most improved….went from looking lost to really quite confident 👍

Users who are viewing this thread