empty fookin seats !!!! (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Bloke in the South Stand more interested in playing with a beach ball.

I went to the bog during the game too and I am always amazed how many are down there just propping the bar up.

From where I was it looked absolutely rammed apart from the balcony and the Gillingham end. They were given far too much space.

Bloke next to me just seemed to want to keep taking selfies and disappearing to the mall. Must have been 4 times during the game.

And there must have been at least 1,000 all go down to the food and beer outlets on about 35 mins. WTF is that all about? Was it the end of Ramadan or something?

Macca

Bloke in the South Stand more interested in playing with a beach ball.

I went to the bog during the game too and I am always amazed how many are down there just propping the bar up.

From where I was it looked absolutely rammed apart from the balcony and the Gillingham end. They were given far too much space.

Never understand people wanting to spend 25% of the game downstairs?
Stay in the fooking pub. Would like to have been there last night but I will be one of the 10k now I have my club back

FRY-CCFC

Who gives a shit now? As Nick said, if you couldn't make it tonight, go down next Saturday. Stop moaning.

Astute

Who gives a shit now? As Nick said, if you couldn't make it tonight, go down next Saturday. Stop moaning.

So you never moan about anything?

5.5k off capacity. How many that go to most games couldn't get a ticket? Not bothered about myself. Distance, working shifts and other commitments stop me from attending like I used to. In the middle of changing internet provider. Net taken off early when it shouldn't have been. 4 hours each way to queue up for a ticket. Phoning not easy on first day and would have needed two days off work. But I feel for those that will be at nearly every other game.

FRY-CCFC

5.5k off capacity. How many that go to most games couldn't get a ticket? Not bothered about myself. Distance, working shifts and other commitments stop me from attending like I used to. In the middle of changing internet provider. Net taken off early when it shouldn't have been. 4 hours each way to queue up for a ticket. Phoning not easy on first day and would have needed two days off work. But I feel for those that will be at nearly every other game.

Obviously I moan but I don't moan about things I can't change. Going on and on and on about stuff which you can't change is pointless and not good for your health

torchomatic

That's life though. There were those who couldn't get Semi Final tickets, Cup Final tickets, Chelsea tickets, Crewe tickets, etc etc etc

Astute

Obviously I moan but I don't moan about things I can't change. Going on and on and on about stuff which you can't change is pointless and not good for your health

What have you moaned about that you have changed?

Astute

I don't moan about ccfc.

So you have never moaned about a player in any way? I made comments on our supporters not being able to get tickets when we were nowhere near capacity. How about looking back and see if I blamed CCFC. I asked questions. Would be a boring site if we just agreed with Nick all the time. And Northampton would have sold out every game. SP has said a few times that if it had we wouldn't be home. This shows that Nick isn't always right ;)

Would have stopped us moaning about lack of tickets sold though :D

Nick

Administrator
So you have never moaned about a player in any way? I made comments on our supporters not being able to get tickets when we were nowhere near capacity. How about looking back and see if I blamed CCFC. I asked questions. Would be a boring site if we just agreed with Nick all the time. And Northampton would have sold out every game. SP has said a few times that if it had we wouldn't be home. This shows that Nick isn't always right ;)

Would have stopped us moaning about lack of tickets sold though :D
Where have I ever said anybody should agree with me? Where have i said everybody should have gone to Northampton? Have a day off, your endless whinging is boring.

mattylad

people brought extra seats because there were loads of people trying to flog spare tickets before the game...no one was buying even at face value so that would equate for some of the empty seats but I have to say from block 1 it looked rammed opposite so as someone else said i think people migrated to stand in 14,15 & 16

Grendel

Capacity just over 32,600 IIRC. 10% is 3,260. That would have been about 29,400 if 10% not taken.

Not blaming anyone for it. They never brought many. H&S brought it down by a fair bit. Lack of time to maximise tickets sold. Why couldn't the balcony be used?

The capacity isn't 32,400

Astute

Where have I ever said anybody should agree with me? Where have i said everybody should have gone to Northampton? Have a day off, your endless whinging is boring.

1, You have not. But others use your name like in this thread.

2, So you don't know what ;) means.

3, Endless whinging? I asked a few questions. Are we not allowed to ask questions on here? Just like where you ask questions on what you make out people have said. Not a problem to most. But can be seen as endless whinging if you want to see it that way.

4, Have fun everyone.

Grendel

Didn't say it was. Said it is just over 32,600. It is 32,609.

No it isn't that is with no segregation so will never happen. The Chelsea crowd was around 31, 400 a sell out with all the end taken by away fans.

Look to the Crewe crowd for an accurate comparison

J

Jack Griffin

The problem would be 'solved' if the TV cameras were re sighted in the main stand & looked at the (usually pretty full) Tesco stand, that of chain the corprate ticket holders in place to stop them networking in the bar.

Ashdown

3000 empty around the Gills fans 1400 over in the corporate and maybe 1000 scattered round the ground. Where I was in 16 it was rammed and rocking, not many empty seats around there at all. Another big match with more time to get it organised properly with more sensible segregation would pull in 31-32000.
It's a start, we're back and it felt fooking great...............Roll on next Saturday !

bigfatronssba

I suppose the important thing is it was a sell out, so no one can criticise the fans for not doing their part.

Ashdown

The fans were electric last night, very proud to be part of support like that. Everyone from the smallest dots to Grandma and Grandad were singing their heads off !!

martcov

No it isn't that is with no segregation so will never happen. The Chelsea crowd was around 31, 400 a sell out with all the end taken by away fans.

Quick questions: were you there, did you enjoy the atmosphere? Why don't you comment on that? I could only see it on TV, but it sounded great and they showed some glimpses of the crowd. Lots of happy faces. Wish I had been there.

Nick

Administrator
The problem would be 'solved' if the TV cameras were re sighted in the main stand & looked at the (usually pretty full) Tesco stand, that of chain the corprate ticket holders in place to stop them networking in the bar.

Exactly. Also if you looked closely at the empty seats, you could see a fair amount of people inside as well behind the glass.

RegTheDonk

It's frustrating to see quite a few empty seats and people have missed out but take the positives. If they had waited and not tried to get this gameplayed at the Ricoh then we'd have maybe had an extra few thousand and at six fields. Better for the club coffers to take the plunge and try to cope with the demand here. Even if it's only 10K-15K next game it's a much more sensible step.

Qwerty70

Most blocks were rammed : blocks 4 n 5 were unsold, ob loads of seats in away end and a large batch of seats (400 ish) at back of block 31 that they were using as overflow for duplicate tickets, fair few rows not sold in block 25 cos the sky tower camera. Lots of seats in middle of corporate cos they stay in lounges drinking n watch on TV, same as club wembley, bloody annoying but they pay the most so understand y club take the money n keep quiet but still doesn't seem right that fans can't get in when someone turns at match up with no interest in wstching n just spends time filling face n eating!!

Astute

The official capacity is 32,609. More accurate than a Grendel fact. Just like earlier in this thread when you tried to say I said something different to what everyone could read.

Are you annoyed because I am more annoying than you?

Grendel

The official capacity is 32,609. More accurate than a Grendel fact. Just like earlier in this thread when you tried to say I said something different to what everyone could read.

Are you annoyed because I am more annoying than you?

So why didn't we sell out the Chelsea match ?

Nick

Administrator
So why didn't we sell out the Chelsea match ?

Must have been the club didn't want to get embarrassed with protests or something like that. Will have been some dark story so that people can moan about not getting tickets and there being a couple of empty seats.

Dread to think it could have been health and safety or something like that or even a non accurate attendance figure. I guess it all depends whichever way you can twist it to make the club look bad and have a whinge.

SkyBlueMatt

Managed to get tickets yesterday when they went on sale at 10am, it was horrible waiting in that queue though but ecstatic when I finally got them.

As for the attendance, I think the staff did well. There wasn't that many empty seats as I think a lot were still drinking, etc. Majority of seats were taken at one point or the other as I was looking to see if there was any empty seats in the back rows, to see if I could move.

I really enjoyed the game but I think the atmosphere was pretty average all things considered, but I think it may have just been in the block I was sitting in (Block 33).

Need some advice for the games against Yeovil & Preston, will block 15 still the best place to sit for atmosphere?

Astute

Must have been the club didn't want to get embarrassed with protests or something like that. Will have been some dark story so that people can moan about not getting tickets and there being a couple of empty seats.

Dread to think it could have been health and safety or something like that or even a non accurate attendance figure. I guess it all depends whichever way you can twist it to make the club look bad and have a whinge.

Oh the irony.

I mentioned H&S. I mentioned them not bringing many. I mentioned the segregation used. I also mentioned the balcony. I asked the question why. Didn't blame CCFC. Didn't even blame SISU for once. All I got was the normal crew moaning about me asking the question and saying I was moaning.

Grendel

Oh the irony.

I mentioned H&S. I mentioned them not bringing many. I mentioned the segregation used. I also mentioned the balcony. I asked the question why. Didn't blame CCFC. Didn't even blame SISU for once. All I got was the normal crew moaning about me asking the question and saying I was moaning.

No you just quoted a percentage off a capacity which is incorrect. I was merely pointing this out.

Rusty Trombone

BBC website quoting the following highest attendances.

I thought there was a Celtic friendly that was the highest football attendance, but it's not listed.

Biggest attendances at the Ricoh Arena
37,262 Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (June 2013)
31,407 Coventry City 0-2 Chelsea (FA Cup quarter-final - March 2009)
31,054 Coventry City 0-3 Crewe Alexandra (Johnstone's Paint Trophy area final - February 2013)
30,919 England Under-21s 1-0 Germany Under-21s (European Championship qualifier - October 2006)
30,325 Saracens 16-18 Munster (Heineken Cup semi-final - April 2008)
28,828 GB 0-2 Canada (Olympics women's quarter-final - August 2012)
28,184 Coventry City 2-3 Leeds United (Championship - November 2010)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28985028

bigfatronssba

BBC website quoting the following highest attendances.

I thought there was a Celtic friendly that was the highest football attendance, but it's not listed.

Biggest attendances at the Ricoh Arena
37,262 Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (June 2013)
31,407 Coventry City 0-2 Chelsea (FA Cup quarter-final - March 2009)
31,054 Coventry City 0-3 Crewe Alexandra (Johnstone's Paint Trophy area final - February 2013)
30,919 England Under-21s 1-0 Germany Under-21s (European Championship qualifier - October 2006)
30,325 Saracens 16-18 Munster (Heineken Cup semi-final - April 2008)
28,828 GB 0-2 Canada (Olympics women's quarter-final - August 2012)
28,184 Coventry City 2-3 Leeds United (Championship - November 2010)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28985028

Not really sure why they quote Bruce Springsteen but then leave out all the other concerts. Pretty sure Take That had over 40k in there.

Celtic friendly was only about 25k I think.

Users who are viewing this thread