empty fookin seats !!!! (1 Viewer)

I know open the fookin balcony. Or at least make them available. When i was on the website trying to get tickets earlier if it had said twenty quid in the corporate area I would've taken three and been there instead of at home wishing I was there.

JohnWH

Does look to be more than a few. But, there's always going to be a good % who are off in the crapper, concession, etc. too.

I'm more impressed with how many people I do see.
So, I give the ticket operators half-credit, because I'm sure loads more could have been sold.

Hobo

Yeah Me and my wife could have took a couple of them!

chiefdave

Having worked on a lot of live events it always amazes me the number of people who buy tickets for things and never show up so you have to take that into account as well. From watching on the TV doesn't seem to be a great deal of empty seats. The corporates (obviously apart from the balcony bit that is closed) was sold out so those empty seats must be those who have stayed in the bar rather than come out for the game.

JohnWH

I'm not sure how safety and security works for football in England, but here in USA for sporting events you can always typically buy a "standing only" seat to hang out in the concourse and still get a view of the game. So even at "sold out" games the attendances can still be pushed up a bit

Nonleagueherewecome

27,306-according to Sky, "every single ticket that could be sold was sold". Hmmm....

Hobo

27,306-according to Sky, "every single ticket that could be sold was sold". Hmmm....

That is because they weren't organised enough. But I accept a lot going on in a short space of time.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nearly 5,000 empty seats according to the figure given tonight (well, 4,700 ish). Annoying for those who couldn't get a ticket.

DaleM

The 2 blocks opposite the cameras are for the free season tickets that the club give to every employee.
Obviously a lot of friends and family weren't at the game tonight . :(

Otis

Now I may be blind drunk, but I'm not blind. There are thousands empty!

You're wrong. There were hardly any. Stuart Linnell said so. He seemed quite peeved when people said there were empty seats.

Think the numpty forgot he was in the main stand and therefore obviously couldn't see above him. Durrrr ....... :pointlaugh:

Astute

Nearly 20% of seats not sold. That is a joke. Nearly 1 in 5. Didn't look that bad though.

Otis

Was tonight the best ever Ricoh attendance by the Sky Blue faithful I wonder.

I know we have had bigger crowds, but surely against Crewe they must have had about 3,000-4,000 allocated there and Chelsea a lot more. Gillingham only brought 400 odd.

Moff

Nearly 20% of seats not sold. That is a joke. Nearly 1 in 5. Didn't look that bad though.

To be fair it didnt look that empty from inside the ground.

The balcony did look the worst, along with several thousand empty in the Gillingham section. Aside from that it was pretty full, and in the short space of time that it was announced I think on this occasion the club did the best it could.

robbiethemole

Gills bought 475 could have put them in 6 & 7, used 8 for segregation and opened 9 poor management again. but it was fookin loud

FabianDebec

The Joke is everyone still moaning even when we get what we want. There will be plenty of spare room for the next game when the 10,000 or so who turned up just for the occasion shrivel back into their holes.

Otis

The Joke is everyone still moaning even when we get what we want. There will be plenty of spare room for the next game when the 10,000 or so who turned up just for the occasion shrivel back into their holes.

Bloke next to me just seemed to want to keep taking selfies and disappearing to the mall. Must have been 4 times during the game.

And there must have been at least 1,000 all go down to the food and beer outlets on about 35 mins. WTF is that all about? Was it the end of Ramadan or something?

Hobo

Do you have a rascal tash and did you have to keep checking who players were on the programme to shout something at them?

Allsop or Seppala maybe?

cornoccfc

Got to remember, kids for £1, guaranteed loads of tickets bought then not used!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Segregation + empty away end probably accounted for 2.5-3k tickets. Then the top balcony which most of it wasn't opened another 1k. North and East stands looked packed to me.

Norman Binns

And there must have been at least 1,000 all go down to the food and beer outlets on about 35 mins. WTF is that all about? Was it the end of Ramadan or something?

On 31 minutes someone 3 seats along from me got up and went down to the concourse which then started off other people getting up not wanting to miss out on the smorgasbord. Their brains must be wired differently to normal people.

Baginton

I spent a several days trying to get two mates tickets, but had to settle for JUST getting myself my old ST seat, only to find three empty seats beside me last night ...WTF :facepalm:

Astute

It was 1 in ten not one in 5. Probably why it didn't look that bad.

Capacity just over 32,600 IIRC. 10% is 3,260. That would have been about 29,400 if 10% not taken.

Not blaming anyone for it. They never brought many. H&S brought it down by a fair bit. Lack of time to maximise tickets sold. Why couldn't the balcony be used?

Flying Fokker

Hospitality. Sponsor's lounges. We have none. Their budgets are spent for this season.

And another thing. People moan about the empty seats. 2 next to us in 28 row z. Fair chance something important happened to stop them from coming to the game. The ticket office must have been done in by Friday. Understandable that they missed some seats in their returning to City.

bigfatronssba

I can understand empty seats in the away end and corporate areas, but the odd empty seats in the rest of the ground is very frustrating. Nothing to do with the police or HSE, just the basic fact that the club couldn't cope with demand.

They need to apologise and but systems in place to ensure it doesn't happen again in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread