Emperor's New Clothes (1 Viewer)

blunted

Palmer is a class player who was not trusted (possibly unfairly) by some of his previous managers. Bristol City seem to have a recurring problem in that respect. Our coaching staff have a habit of taking underrated players, or those who have lost their way and developing them correctly. Palmer cost 5 million previously at a young age and has a perfect pedigree which is still a yardstick for his potential. It certainly does not appear his attitude (unlike say Kane) has been a problem. I think his fitness and contribution has improved slowly as the season has gone on and it is unfortunate that his improved performances have coincided with our terrible injury record and a resultant drop in results. Think he will prove to be another shrewd signing. On here some of the geniuses of football analysis, have at one time or another said Gyo, Sheaf, Bidwell, Doyle, Panzo, Wilson, O'Hare, Fadz, Godden, Allen, Dabo, Eccles, in effect virtually the whole team are useless. Add the rest of the squad too, although some may prove to be past their sell by date, those who are returning from injury must be given a chance to recover.

Grendel

I don't want to turn this into a Biamou thread, but whatever anyone thinks about him he was part of the team that went from League Two to the Championship. How is that a decline? Its quite literally the opposite.

So was Jordan Shipley

Frostie

Really? What on earth counts as a 'long shot', because I don't see many that are anything other than a dribble to the keeper, or an attack on the spectators or corner flags!

Our average shot distance is 19.2 yards . Doesn't have to be a good shot!

Grendel

Laughed at on here by many posters but oddly still plying his trade in tbe division down from here - unlike someone

PVA

Laughed at on here by many posters but oddly still plying his trade in tbe division down from here - unlike someone

What are you even blathering on about? Amazing that you complain about people bringing up other irrelevant players in discussions as you make a thread on Kasey Palmer about Biamou and Shipley 😂

Grendel

What are you even blathering on about? Amazing that you complain about people bringing up other irrelevant players in discussions as you make a thread on Kasey Palmer about Biamou and Shipley 😂

Er you mentioned Biamou didn’t you? You’ve literally latched onto one reference from me and then tried to divert it to him

Grendel

Good grief 😂

No, you brought up Biamou. Then, bizarrely, Shipley.

Is everything OK?

I didn’t bring up anything

To be fair this has been a fairly reasonable discussion and no one has acted Ike a child until now with silly emojis and bang on your head nonsense

you’ve backed palmer to the hilt. Fair enough - I think you’ll be made to look foolish as I think like every other club he’s played for he will be a let down and a waste of a wage

Oddly I’m hardly alone with that view either am I?

PVA

I didn’t bring up anything

To be fair this has been a fairly reasonable discussion and no one has acted Ike a child until now with silly emojis and bang on your head nonsense

you’ve backed palmer to the hilt. Fair enough - I think you’ll be made to look foolish as I think like every other club he’s played for he will be a let down and a waste of a wage

Oddly I’m hardly alone with that view either am I?

You literally did bring Biamou up, it's right there. Why do you constantly deny stuff in black and white?

No you're not alone, and you're welcome to back whoever you like. It's the absurd arguments and ridiculous hypocrisy you constantly display depending on what your argument is at the time that people don't like.

Grendel

You literally did bring Biamou up, it's right there. Why do you constantly deny stuff in black and white?

No you're not alone, and you're welcome to back whoever you like. It's the absurd arguments and ridiculous hypocrisy you constantly display depending on what your argument is at the time that people don't like.

You are ranting - it’s boring and what people don’t like what I’m saying out of interest

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

SkyBlue_Bear83

Palmer has done nothing noteworthy but also has shown he has the potential to be a decent signing if he applies himself.

Fans get excited about 1 good touch, pass or piece of skill every 30 minutes but he needs to be more involved and doing this every 5 or 10 minutes like O'Hare does when in the team ans playing at his best

Skyblueweeman

But all your first and last sentences are irrelevant to the point being discussed.

Not really. You said that MRs inability to change players has backfired. My point is that, well, not really.

If he was an unsuccessful manager whose decisions were responsible for our downfall, then yes...his ability to change players would've backfired.

But that's not the case. Has there been duds under his stewardship? Sure.

NorthernWisdom

Not really. You said that MRs inability to change players has backfired. My point is that, well, not really.

If he was an unsuccessful manager whose decisions were responsible for our downfall, then yes...his ability to change players would've backfired.

But that's not the case. Has there been duds under his stewardship? Sure.
He hasn't been successful in turning poachers into all-round strikers, that's elf-evident.

That being the case in no way means he's a bad manager, but it's a bit irrelevant to justify that in that case when talking about those players!

Perryccfc

Really like Palmer, think he will settle down and maybe next season we will see the best of him. But he’s a very talented footballer with the ball at his feet.

Reactions: PVA

Offhegoes

The Palmer / O'Hare / Vik combination would get us promotion across a whole season. We may not see that, now that O'Hare is out for the season and Vik may go in the summer. However, I still think O'Hare & Palmer behind a striker would be lethal (even Godden).

Terry_dactyl

I’m a big fan of Palmer. He seems unplayable at times. The only time I thought he looked out of sorts was after 20 mins vs Bristol City but the whole side looked a bit ropey then. He was brilliant up until that point.
Is it a luxury to have someone in the side who’s very good at football?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The Palmer / O'Hare / Vik combination would get us promotion across a whole season. We may not see that, now that O'Hare is out for the season and Vik may go in the summer. However, I still think O'Hare & Palmer behind a striker would be lethal (even Godden).

I have to disagree I'm afraid. Two non-goal scoring attacking midfielders behind a lone striker I doubt would pull up any trees over any extended period.

NorthernWisdom

Yesterday was maybe a fine example - an excellent spell including a fine finish, and good passing range. But for whatever reason (fitness) he then vanishes and becomes a passenger. People cling to the good spell and make it longer than it actually was but the effectiveness for us as a team wasn't there for the game. It's easier to deny the vanishing as it doesn't stand out like the finish for the goal.

I'd say push him further forward generally, but we expect Gyokeres to do an awful lot of work too.

Sky Blue Harry H

If he could keep his best going for a whole game he would be. But he can't.

Unless he is a poor trainer, it shouldn't be impossible to improve his stamina. The new Norwich gaffer said he was going to try and get their team to be the fittest in the division, Don't know about that, or whether it was their use of the ball. but they wore us out yesterday, which is why (imo) we couldn't lay a glove on them in the second half. The first half was down to defensive blunders, but I actually thought Norwich played better in the second half than the first. Palmer does have ability, but he does need to cut out some of the flicks when he is in the middle of the pitch, as he was in danger of leaving us open to counter attacks too often.

Users who are viewing this thread