Emergency Loan Window (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Apparently Gary Gardner is available to be loaned out..

I didnt realise this !!

Aston Villa youngster Gary Gardner is the brother of Craig (of Sunderland and Villains fame) was once touted as one of England’s most promising home-grown talents, but a series of ACL injuries has disturbingly limited his development.
Regardless, the 21 year-old has made sporadic appearances for the Villa first team in the past and enjoyed a brief loan spell with Coventry City, producing a number of decent performances.

Were they charging him too much rent ?

ccfcway

ah, its tomorrow

The transfer window closed for clubs in England and the Scottish Premiership at 23:00 GMT on 31 January but teams can still sign free agents.
The loan window for Football League clubs re-opens on 8 February.

jesus-wept

According to CWR it is today and we know they are never wrong !!
Prem clubs had to announce their 25 man squads just how free that makes those not in the squads I don't know.

jimmyhill

What constitutes an emergency? Are there any rules/guidelines or do the FL make it up as they go along? Also why a window? Is that a bit like planned sickness?

ccfcway

Where's the emergency ? Anyway SP said nothings happening..

Steven Pressley's search for experienced frontman on ice until ‘emergency’ loan window opens next week

Sky Blues boss abandoned bid to recruit a more seasoned striker long before last night’s transfer deadline

Coventry City’s search for a seasoned striker has been put on ice for at least another week.
The manager abandoned his bid to recruit a more experienced frontman long before last night’s transfer deadline and he will start again next Friday when the ‘emergency’ loan window opens.

Last edited:

sky blue john

Ccfcway no need to post your out of date info three times.
Have a look on CT website and read this mornings article about Donnely and you will see SP has nothing in the pipeline.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Apparently Gary Gardner is available to be loaned out..

I didnt realise this !!

Aston Villa youngster Gary Gardner is the brother of Craig (of Sunderland and Villains fame) was once touted as one of England’s most promising home-grown talents, but a series of ACL injuries has disturbingly limited his development.
Regardless, the 21 year-old has made sporadic appearances for the Villa first team in the past and enjoyed a brief loan spell with Coventry City, producing a number of decent performances.

Were they charging him too much rent ?

I suggested this in the transfer window, wouldn't mind him back

Astute

Can we loan a village idiot to stop Grendull feeling lonely?

torchomatic

hill83

Players that thought they might have been geting a loan deal but didn't so now are faced with not playing for their clubs I'd imagine.
For a start anyway.

The likes of Dagnall and Seabourne were emergency loans weren't they? So it's not just shit available either.
And Maguire.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Players that thought they might have been geting a loan deal but didn't so now are faced with not playing for their clubs I'd imagine.
For a start anyway.

The likes of Dagnall and Seabourne were emergency loans weren't they? So it's not just shit available either.
And Maguire.

But as it is January and we are already half way through the season, wouldn't those players not have been playing for their respective clubs anyway and were already looking for a loan deal in January. I just don't understand why you wouldn't go for a player that you want as soon as he is available (early Jan) especially as we need cover in certain areas.Otherwise an emergency loan might just now be viewed as someone who no-one wanted. That is what doesn't fill me with confidence and before any starts with "yet more anti-Sisu stuff" (not saying you will), I say this from my opinion from a footballing perspective because we are going to need players who are intergrated into the squad and understand the ethos of Pressley, an emergency player might take another month and what good will that do us now?

hill83

But as it is January and we are already half way through the season, wouldn't those players not have been playing for their respective clubs anyway and were already looking for a loan deal in January. I just don't understand why you wouldn't go for a player that you want as soon as he is available (early Jan) especially as we need cover in certain areas.Otherwise an emergency loan might just now be viewed as someone who no-one wanted. That is what doesn't fill me with confidence and before any starts with "yet more anti-Sisu stuff" (not saying you will), I say this from my opinion from a footballing perspective because we are going to need players who are intergrated into the squad and understand the ethos of Pressley, an emergency player might take another month and what good will that do us now?

Isn't the only reason we are looking due to that Donnelly helmet leaving us in the shit?
As for settling in, it's only a week or so after the transfer window so wouldn't make a huge difference.
Obviously it's in no way ideal though.

mark82

Because a lot of them aren't available until now. Did you not see the amount of business conducted on deadline day? Clubs like to keep hold of players until they have someone else in as covet for injuries, etc.

Clubs also have to decide their 25 man squads today, any that don't make the cut may be looking for a loan else they won't be able to play 1st team football the rest of this season. I'm sure SP knows what he is doing!

stupot07

We're struggling for strikers, not sure how Gardner will help us in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

The "emergency" window tends to be a bit better than the January one in some ways 'cos players aren't hanging on as much, people who didn't get a move become available as loans, there's less pressure, etc.

And hill's right, it's because Donnelly left us in the shit. We'd not be in for anyone otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread