embarrassing cov fans (1 Viewer)

skybluejack10

last night was immense, the atmosphere was the immense and so were the players but our fans were a disgrace! there was a guy in a wheelchair near to me who kept wheeling off ramming into the advertising boards and trying to get on the pitch just because he couldn't get a beer!
then there's just the general idiots who just go to cause trouble and not to watch the match! there was this scummy woman in front that just wouldn;t stop going on!

Covstu

Generally are fans are well behaved but you get some idiots in every club unfortunately. I would have loved to see the wheelchair guy, that sounds hilarious!!!

Evans1883

i think our fanbase is generally well behaved and a bit of banter here and there is awesome,you also have to add that most of the fans were pissed lol.who are they embarrasing,only themselves.HOWEVER, at one point city fans on the left started singing to an oldish mad women calling her a fat bastard,that was a bit sad she had a walking stick and was clearly annoyed by it

pusbccfc

Can't moan at their fans. Did you see the Sheffield fans to the right of us!!

A chavy tracksuit lad giving it all game, then his dad joins in!

There was a group of them doing the same, embarrassing!

theferret

last night was immense, the atmosphere was the immense and so were the players but our fans were a disgrace! there was a guy in a wheelchair near to me who kept wheeling off ramming into the advertising boards and trying to get on the pitch just because he couldn't get a beer!
then there's just the general idiots who just go to cause trouble and not to watch the match! there was this scummy woman in front that just wouldn;t stop going on!

Fans a 'disgrace'. Really, have a serious word with yourself.

CovFan

i think our fanbase is generally well behaved and a bit of banter here and there is awesome,you also have to add that most of the fans were pissed lol.who are they embarrasing,only themselves.HOWEVER, at one point city fans on the left started singing to an oldish mad women calling her a fat bastard,that was a bit sad she had a walking stick and was clearly annoyed by it

She actually started it. Some fans had a good natured "scarf waving" thing with her then she started sticking two fingers up and doing the imaginary can shaking gestures

skybluejack10

Yeah the shuffled fans were just scum of the earth and our support was awesome but some fans just always let us down and don't go to watch the match

WestEndAgro

The law of averages always suggest you will get one or two idiots, think of your work place, and back to your school days. Add the fact that we are travelling in decent numbers and throw in some Beer enough said.

Happy_Martian

HOWEVER, at one point city fans on the left started singing to an oldish mad women calling her a fat bastard,that was a bit sad she had a walking stick and was clearly annoyed by it

I remember, during the early 90's, Cov fans singing "Who ate all the pies" to one of our own Programme Sellers at Highfield Road as she walked past the West Terrace. Happened every game for the whole of one season and she did seem embarrassed by the chanting. Well, it didn't go on all season. Last home game, as she came out, fans presented her with a bouquet of flowers and a round of applause.

BigadamL

I remember at highfield road one of the stewards picking up a ball at the end of half time and the whole of the west terrace signing 'you've only got one ball, you've only got one ball' lol

SkyBlueRabb5

I remember SUFC fans being an embarrassing disgrace at Highfield Road on Boxing Day a few years back! This old woman with no teeth didn't watch any of the game & kept trying to pick fights in our end - gesturing them to leave the ground & meet outside for a scrap! At least that's what I thought she meant......

Sisu-infidels

. Credit to Coventry who brought a surprisingly good number (1,500-2,000) on a Friday night and they were one of the loudest set of fans down here and really got behind their side.

That's the view of a utd fan on their forum! Its the minority,our fans are been lauded as the best seen this season everywhere we go :)

Skybluestu88

Being in a wheelchair myself i was extremley close to the idiot in the wheelchair. He actually done done my head in and was lucky not to be kicked out.

marcus87

<br />
<br />
That' was so funny

sky_blue_up_north

Got knocked to ground when we got the second by load of fans, young lad got knocked down as well, why do fans insist on trying to get on the pitch, they are going to get booted out. Did not get hurt, pretty good natured, but could have been very dangerous

marcus87

And I don't get why every game some one has to moan about a minority of our fans just don't see the point in it

theferret

Did this guy in the wheelchair think he'd get a pint on the pitch? If not, in confused why he'd try and get on it ;)

On a side note though, has there ever been a wheelchair bound pitch invader? Like to see how stewards handle that one ;)

Here you go:

[video=youtube;SOZWFbT_E_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOZWFbT_E_0[/video]

theferret

This one is better - he even gets a clip round the ear:

[video=youtube;GAAD06BHZlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAAD06BHZlw[/video]

Mucca Mad Boys

On the urinals point...

They weren't really breakable by the looks of it...

I didn't try to break any!

Also, there probably weren't any 13 yr old 'badmen' to come and beat the toilets up.

They don't go t these games!

Nick

Administrator
Have a look round the ricoh and you will see that we do have a lot of bad fans still sporting mullets and dodgy tashes!

italiahorse

Did this guy in the wheelchair think he'd get a pint on the pitch? If not, in confused why he'd try and get on it ;)

On a side note though, has there ever been a wheelchair bound pitch invader? Like to see how stewards handle that one ;)

Wheelchairs cannot get to the bar area due to the stairs.
However they had organised free hot drinks for all disabled and helpers at half time.
I nearly pushed him out myself due to his foul language and abuse of stewards. They clearly did not want to be seen to eject him but they were discussing the problem.
Another crappy position for the disabled particularly at the end when the extra stewards didn't realise they had blocked their view.

theferret

I'm sure it was just minority

But I must say its the reason I don't go many away games

Uh? You don't go to away games because of a little bit of banter and high jinx?

Absolutely bugger all happened last night.

The only game this season where our fans have gone over the top was Crewe away, but everybody was leathered it seemed.

Some people won't be happy until watching football becomes completely sanitised and sterile. I sometimes look at the younger ones acting up a bit with a wry smile. That was me 20 years ago. Rights of passage. Great to see so many City in their late teens/early 20s following City away. They'll be the ones shaking their heads and tutting in 20 years.

covcity4life

Uh? You don't go to away games because of a little bit of banter and high jinx?

Absolutely bugger all happened last night.

The only game this season where our fans have gone over the top was Crewe away, but everybody was leathered it seemed.

Some people won't be happy until watching football becomes completely sanitised and sterile. I sometimes look at the younger ones acting up a bit with a wry smile. That was me 20 years ago. Rights of passage. Great to see so many City in their late teens/early 20s following City away. They'll be the ones shaking their heads and tutting in 20 years.

No mate not what i meant. As I'm Asian I wouldn't like to be targeted by drunks or cha vs at away game. Its happened to ppl I know

MYbr km worrying bout nothing tho

Nick

Administrator
So you dont want to go to away games because you are asian? I have seen loads of asian fans at away games.

Users who are viewing this thread