Elvis's comments after match (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

A little more diplomatic than Robins. Says we were terrific today but most I'm hearing suggest we were not terrific? Wants to tweak a few things which sounds sensible. Did not like his subs today when we really needed to hold on. We nearly lost 2 points at the end when we could have had Thoms on not Willis.
Likes the effort but lets be fair they have done that away all season.
Says McSheffrey was great? A little puzzling is that? I know he gives more than people think.
Just hope he is not overwhelmed by the size of our support. get it tweaked for the home game and you will become a quick favourite.

Nonleagueherewecome

His name is Steven Pressley.

Brighton Sky Blue

Suppose he's giving everyone a clean slate SW-he'll want to finish the season strongly and needs everybody on the right track.

Speedo

A little more diplomatic than Robins. Says we were terrific today but most I'm hearing suggest we were not terrific? Wants to tweak a few things which sounds sensible. Did not like his subs today when we really needed to hold on. We nearly lost 2 points at the end when we could have had Thoms on not Willis.
Likes the effort but lets be fair they have done that away all season.
Says McSheffrey was great? A little puzzling is that? I know he gives more than people think.
Just hope he is not overwhelmed by the size of our support. get it tweaked for the home game and you will become a quick favourite.
Ffs give him time to settle in.
I am sure he will cope with our massive support! So intimerdating at the Ricoh

matesx

How many SBA there? crowd was less than 4000 i see

can people stop calling him Elvis? it wasnt funny the first time

Otis

Don't think it is supposed to be funny is it? Pressley - Elvis.

See no problem with it at all. The puns are getting a tad tired, but Elvis? Why not?

Otis

Spoke of Sheff being outstanding and his work ethic being fantastic.

The same Sheff?

covandy

he has been known as Elvis throught his football career if you look at his FB page he is Steven John "Elvis" Pressleyhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Steven-Pressley/112768935401321

Tonylinc

Was at the game today(just down the road for me) and although not impressed generally by McSheff. he does run his bloody socks off for the cause and WHAT a cross for the winner!

Was at the game today(just down the road for me) and although not impressed generally by McSheff. he does run his bloody socks off for the cause and WHAT a cross for the winner!

Thank you, so many moaners on here. Remember we are League One, not Barca- even they are having nightmare at the moment.

Tonylinc

Really can't see the problem here; it is after all only the fans that are calling him Elvis; doubt that the players will do so. Carso and Shawsy were the names given to interim bosses by the players and I too was concerned about that as it seemed to imply some cushy relationship which was not good for the future of our club.

Grendel

Really can't see the problem here; it is after all only the fans that are calling him Elvis; doubt that the players will do so. Carso and Shawsy were the names given to interim bosses by the players and I too was concerned about that as it seemed to imply some cushy relationship which was not good for the future of our club.

It's no more embarrassing than posters always referring to players by their sirnames until it comes to the fat under performing one always known as "Cody". Is this because his other name has been adopted by the place most associated with his diet?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thank you, so many moaners on here. Remember we are League One, not Barca- even they are having nightmare at the moment.

If you'd seen half of Sheffs performances since his return to the club you would know that the moans are genuine and warranted.

Yes we are a league one team.

I thought he was a league one player (at best). Am yet to see proof of that this far though!

When hes played well (albeit not many times) he gets credit.

But id like to see a bit more from him that one good cross a game. Even if it does help us get a winner

Getting back to the OP I thought SP came across as a thoroughly decent egg. Talking up players rather than the dour MR dirge of telling it too much as it is. A manager's role is to motivate and inspire his players. I think we all respected MR's no nonsense comments but often felt commenting on certain individuals shortcomings or the lack of quality throughout the team was not a motivating factor at times.

rob9872

Elvis give us a wave and eieieio elvis is our kin both sung today, so clearly already adoted by us so if you don't like it I suggest getting over it and concentrating on more important issues.

cyril

He clearly likes the name Elvis as he kept giving us a wave. Don't See a problem in the fans calling him that. I liked the fist pump and the acknowledgment. Long may it continue

Users who are viewing this thread