Elvis v Monkey hangers staff (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

What happened at the end between them?

Grendel

The manager was apparently sent off at half time.

I assume the goal was the issue of their anger.

Grendel

ahh ryt, was our goal dodgy or...?

It was a blatant foul. Andy Blair said st the end it was. These things happen though so why it carried on I don't know.

rob9872

He also said mcsheffrey had a good overall game!

He was poor today but I thought he worked harder than normal just things never came off for him really.

rob9872

soryy, must have missed that this thread was about mcsheffery :facepalm:

My mistake, sorry for ruining YOUR thread!

RoboCCFC90

He was poor today but I thought he worked harder than normal just things never came off for him really.

Explain why McSheffery was poor for me please?

Nonleagueherewecome

Why did Pools manager go mad? McDonald just outmuscled there defender.

Exactly, it didn't even occur to me that it could possibly be a foul-there was no whiff of a foul whatsoever!

Mr Creosote

Exactly, it didn't even occur to me that it could possibly be a foul-there was no whiff of a foul whatsoever!

Apparently Their manager had a problem with most things at the Ricoh today, it appears him and Elvis have bad blood between them from previously working together

ccfc92

Apparently Their manager had a problem with most things at the Ricoh today, it appears him and Elvis have bad blood between them from previously working together

must be horrible, having to go to the ricoh, hope he's happy when he gets back to shit hole hartlepool. Geoff on SSN looked happy :claping hands:

midlandsbairn

It could well be so. John Hughes was the second most successful manager in Falkirks history, however when he left for Hibs in July 2009 , he raped the club of its best players and left FFC with large debts and barely any players signed for the next season. Elvis may have been in charge when they were relegated, but much of the blame can be laid at Hughes door - he knew he was leaving the club months before, but allowed everything to run down on the players and coaching staff side of things.
I hope Elvis proper told him a few home truths, but maybe not, as Hughes is one mental and rock hard psychopath !

skybluegnome

In an interview I heard last week, Pressley spoke very highly of John Hughes and was complimentary about the time he was part of his team....I certainly didn't get the impression there was bad blood between them...:confused:

tippex9

It looked like a foul to me but I was behind the goal at the other end, so a bit far & we had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Pompey earlier in the season so lets call it quits

midlandsbairn

In an interview I heard last week, Pressley spoke very highly of John Hughes and was complimentary about the time he was part of his team....I certainly didn't get the impression there was bad blood between them...:confused:

There may well be no bad blood between them at all.
I was simply trying to explain why there may have been resentment between the two.
He may have spoken well about being part of Hughes team, but I bet he didnt praise the state he let the club in.
You will find in due course that Elvis very rarely criticises anyone in public, be they his players, opponents or referees etc - an interview style which can be occasionally infuriating, but to be fair, at least he is consistent.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSwiss

It was a blatant foul. Andy Blair said st the end it was. These things happen though so why it carried on I don't know.

And our manager stated that he had looked at the video of the incident several times to be sure, and no way was there a foul.
Still, you feel you can state "it was a blatant foul". The ref didn't think it was a foul, the linesman didn't think it was a foul, our manager has watched a video of the incident several times and declares no way was it a foul, but our Grendel always knows better and confidently states "it was a blatant foul".
Well, if only we could all be as clever as you, sigh................................ who am I to believe?

torchomatic

saw it on sky earlier, didnae look a foul to me.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You will find in due course that Elvis very rarely criticises anyone in public, be they his players, opponents or referees

We are already seein that, any performance is either outstanding or magnificent regardless of the quality. We already have a thread on it, can u shed any light on wether he is giving them a kick up the backside in the dressing room?

tippex9

It looked like a foul to me but I was behind the goal at the other end, so a bit far & we had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Pompey earlier in the season so lets call it quits

After seeing it on TV, never a foul. We're still owed a goal lol

Users who are viewing this thread