Elvis admitting defeat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otis

Play-offs were never really a reality to be honest. Small squad + 10 point deduction.

Mid table was always a decent return in the circunstances.

RoboCCFC90

You never know but unfortunately it does look difficult.

runner

Yeah ... he's being realistic ... never had a chance really, if we'd kept Leon and Callum had stayed fit ... just maybe, but mid table and thus League one status, hopefully this time with no -10 points deduction from the outset and a top 6 can happen next year !

ajsccfc

Even having the playoffs as a consideration this season ranks as a success football-wise.

RoboCCFC90

Err, this is Coventry City, we always know!

Otis are you still not wearing those Sky Blue Tinted Glasses?

LJC_CCFC

This is a key quote, “Next season we have to aim for the play-offs; we want to aim higher but that is the minimum. This season is now about putting the foundations in place for next season and me ensuring that we bring in the right players to enhance the current group". Will be very very interesting to see how we shape up squad wise at the start of next season

savosdad

Banned
Maybe next year just maybe but we have to be playing at a proper ground i e the RICOH not a shi thole 35 miles away

covcity4life

playoffs was always gonna be a big ask after the council deducted us 10pts, its a damn shame that 2 playoff hopes have been derailed

no doubt next season with a clean slate finances will be so bad we wont compete arghhhh

LJC_CCFC

This summer should give us a better idea of how long we are going to be stuck in league 1 for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lorksalordy

"Aim for" and "be backed to put in a position to achieve" are two very different things. This applies to squad and off the field nonsense. Have a horrible feeling that 1st half of the season was exception rather than the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this changes our loan/transfer policy going forward? Surely there´s only any point in loaning now if the player is a candidate for a permanent signing? Not sure Delfouneso fits into that bracket?

Unless, of course, we feel there is a danger of relegation still?

sky blue john

My feeling is whatever happens we will be lucky if SP is the manager come the start of next season. I expect him gone.

Sky Blue Kid

covcity4life.....playoffs was always gonna be a big ask after the council deducted us 10pts, its a damn shame that 2 playoff hopes have been derailed..........................................................................................Of course it had F**k all to do with SISU did it?

fernandopartridge

covcity4life.....playoffs was always gonna be a big ask after the council deducted us 10pts, its a damn shame that 2 playoff hopes have been derailed..........................................................................................Of course it had F**k all to do with SISU did it?

Correct. The decision was made by ACL to not accept the CVA, for what or who's benefit nobody has ever explained.

covcity4life

you are obsessed.

p.s fernando has answered your question above.

Sky Blue Kid

@ covcity4life and canyou hear the drums.........If you can both take your heads out of SISU's a**e for a second SISU are by far and away the biggest protagonists in this whole affair. ACL have their reasons why they rejected the CVA. Inland Revenue objected to it also. Elvis should keep his mouth shut as well...He said he was going to have a small squad this season..Now he's f**king moaning about it. Yes!..10 points deduction went against us, and I can see why he would moan, but moaning about something HE wanted is totally stupid. Or was it SISU telling him to say it?

SkyBlue_Bear83

@ covcity4life and canyou hear the drums.........If you can both take your heads out of SISU's a**e for a second SISU are by far and away the biggest protagonists in this whole affair. ACL have their reasons why they rejected the CVA. Inland Revenue objected to it also. Elvis should keep his mouth shut as well...He said he was going to have a small squad this season..Now he's f**king moaning about it. Yes!..10 points deduction went against us, and I can see why he would moan, but moaning about something HE wanted is totally stupid. Or was it SISU telling him to say it?

Why should the manager keep his mouth shut, does his opinion on the squad not matter?

You're a wum

covcity4life

Why should the manager keep his mouth shut, does his opinion on the squad not matter?

You're a wum

as are most of the council lovers, they have invaded the board since this stadium farce started, they will leave when we want to talk about footy again.

Sky Blue Kid

@ CCFC...Lmfao, I'm a wum because I pointed out that Elvis said he was having a small squad. Now he moans about it....How the F**k is that being a wum??? I pointed out (Here we go with the anti brigade) FACTS! pure and simple!...I also said was it really Elvis's choice or was he forced into it by SISU. Read all of the post mate!

RoboCCFC90

Earlier in the season Pressley didn't believe in loan players now that is all he promises.

I don't think he wrote off loan players as such, just that he couldn't see the point of bringing in youngsters with no experience when we have our own. He said this around the time we were linked that kid from Blackburn.

skyblue1991

Would i be correct in saying Sisu could have avoided us getting the 10 point deduction if they wanted to ?

Who knows what would have happened. Just to remind you ACL started the administration process off and it's cost us 20 points.

If ACL didn't file then who know's what may have happened. But the above is a stone cold fact.

RoboCCFC90

Valiant, covcity4life, skybluekid, skyblue1991, (in fairness half of the damn forum) come on guys feel the love...

keep-calm-and-feel-the-love.png

valiant15

Valiant, covcity4life, skybluekid, skyblue1991, (in fairness half of the damn forum) come on guys feel the love...

keep-calm-and-feel-the-love.png

The love has all about disappeared robbo.

I seriously think he's got a split personality. He pisses me off,that's his aim though,he's already admitted to being a troll.

Rules are rules,the guy should be banned.

RoboCCFC90

The love has all about disappeared robbo.

I seriously think he's got a split personality. He pisses me off,that's his aim though,he's already admitted to being a troll.

Rules are rules,the guy should be banned.

Don't let it disappear just yet.. Afterall we are CCFC fans and I will buy you a drink at Tranmere if you're there ;)

valiant15

Ps, im not in the best of moods because ive broken my sodding wrist.

A few beers and watching Cardiff stuff villa later will cheer me up :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread