Video Ellis Simms scores TWICE on first Coventry as City score FOUR at Forest Green Rovers in NEW KIT! 🔥 (1 Viewer)

PVA

Sakamoto

shocked oh my GIF

LastGarrison

I know it is a step down playing against FG for Simms but from those clips he looked completely in control and clearly knows where the goal is.

20/1 top goalscorer might be worth a little nibble.

Jamesimus

Aswell as the obvious excitement around Sakamoto and Simms, Godden looked sharp in those highlights as did Palmer. Two young lads involved in the fourth did well too, does anyone know if they'll be pushing for a squad place?

Reactions: vow

Briles

Love Simms tapping his imaginary wrist watch after scoring, is that a nod to Vik?

Think he meant it didn't take him long 😂

Briles

Aswell as the obvious excitement around Sakamoto and Simms, Godden looked sharp in those highlights as did Palmer. Two young lads involved in the fourth did well too, does anyone know if they'll be pushing for a squad place?

A friend of mine who knows a few of the yoofs reckons Obikwa is the nearest. I Didn't realise how tall he was either

ProfessorbyGrace

Good for Simms to get a few; tidy finishes from him, though (obviously) he was puffing a bit. Sakamoto looks aggressive and tricky on the flank, and full of energy, but how was his crossing?

Happy_Martian

Admittedly, only a few seconds worth of footage but Simms and Godden look like they are reading each other already and can work together, unlike Vik and Godders who struggled as a partnership for most of last season (injuries and general awareness letting them down). And that understanding can only benefit our goal difference. Do we finally have the potential to have two 20+ goal/season players to look forward to ?

AngryAnt

Admittedly, only a few seconds worth of footage but Simms and Godden look like they are reading each other already and can work together, unlike Vik and Godders who struggled as a partnership for most of last season (injuries and general awareness letting them down). And that understanding can only benefit our goal difference. Do we finally have the potential to have two 20+ goal/season players to look forward to ?

I was thinking that too, the link up play for the third goal was lovely to see, hopefully it's a partnership that can be build through the season.
It's nice to see them all back and some of the new signings are going to be fan favorites already, just hope they can replicate it in the championship as it's a step for some of them.

Users who are viewing this thread