Elliott (1 Viewer)

jabharty

Was our outstanding player today when he came on. Got us down to earth by playing the ball on the ground, which I think has been lost with us since Clarke came in.
Hope to see Elliott on his own up front against Bury, because he has some serious class, and he can really hold his own up there.

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought Jordan was brilliant when he came on too, deserves to start ahead of Christie if Adams is fit.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought Jordan was brilliant when he came on too, deserves to start ahead of Christie if Adams is fit.

He done well, his technique an quality is there for all to see. I think sometimes let's him down is his mentality. Sometimes appears reactive rather than proactive an doesn't overlap the wide man as much as Christie does

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree with the OP needs to start next game, was unlucky to be dropped. Was much more of a threat on Tuesday than Clarke an again when he played today

covboy9

Clarke is lazy, when people say 'he scores goals' 'hes paid to score goals' its bollocks hes there to help the team win, Elliot deserves his spot now. I'm a very average pub standard striker i think i'd have scored more than leon has with the chances

Tonylinc

Clarke is lazy, when people say 'he scores goals' 'hes paid to score goals' its bollocks hes there to help the team win, Elliot deserves his spot now. I'm a very average pub standard striker i think i'd have scored more than leon has with the chances
I think that that is very harsh. OK he is not McG but then we all knew that. The team need to learn how to get the best out of Clarke. Perhaps they need to bring in a winger to supply him with the sort of chances which he can convert.

Moff

Whilst I agree that jordan was good when he came on, I cant see what Chrsitie has done wrong and think he deserves his place. In the last two games our most creative asset on the wings has been Christie and he has put more of a shift in than some our other wide players, particularly Baker who I rate, but was poor today.

Nonleagueherewecome

Whilst I agree that jordan was good when he came on, I cant see what Chrsitie has done wrong and think he deserves his place. In the last two games our most creative asset on the wings has been Christie and he has put more of a shift in than some our other wide players, particularly Baker who I rate, but was poor today.

His crossing has been absolutely abysmal and he is one of our worst culprits of the blind hoof upfield-which almost invariably results in lost possession. And he can't defend.

hill83

fecking hell! Are you serious? Words fail me.

Edit: about the pub striker bit. I'm a half decent pub striker

SkyBlue_Bear83

His crossing has been absolutely abysmal and he is one of our worst culprits of the blind hoof upfield-which almost invariably results in lost possession. And he can't defend.

Christie has a much poorer football brain in comparison with Clarke

His main advantages over Clarke are he is more willing to take a man on and more willing to overlap his wide player

Moff

If he cant defend, then Jordan is far worse. Jordan had his chance when Christie was dropped and totally screwed it at Carlisle.

Sorry dont agree Christies crossing is abysmal. It isnt gerat everytime but it was far better than Bakers today.

Grendel

If he cant defend, then Jordan is far worse. Jordan had his chance when Christie was dropped and totally screwed it at Carlisle.

Sorry dont agree Christies crossing is abysmal. It isnt gerat everytime but it was far better than Bakers today.

Non League was always a fan of Hussey someone who bought a whole new meaning to the words can't defend.

Gint11

Christie is a far better player than Jordan Clarke and I like Jordan Clarke and the good thing from Elliott is hes LIVELY.

Dan Griffin

Can't remember the last time we lost when elliott started, mk dons and sheff utd spring to mind, elliott deserves to start ffs

Sterling Archer

Am I the only one that thought Elliot (bar hitting the bar) was poor today? Looked knackered after 10 mins of being on, had an awful first touch and actually looked a bit lazy?

Sutty

Thought Elliott and Jordan Clarke were our best outfielders today (Murphy MOTM). Both deserve to start next time out.

Jordan Clarke is, in my eyes, our most talented player. His use of the ball is very intelligent, he rarely gives it away, and his first touch is as good as you'll see at this level. Christie generally gets his head down and runs down cul-de-sacs. Clarke plays with his head up.

Nonleagueherewecome

Been wondering where you've been NLHWC!

Come out the word work when things aren't going very well for the team :p

I actually stopped posting on here when things weren't going well for the team! And I come to praise Clarke more than criticise Christie, but given a choice, it's a no-brainer, as the post above me neatly sums up. I thought Elliott and Jordan were our best players today (along with Murphy). Almost everything Jordan did was carried out with composure and class; Elliott gave us energy and movement and his work-rate reminds me of Andy Morrell.

stupot07

I actually stopped posting on here when things weren't going well for the team! And I come to praise Clarke more than criticise Christie, but given a choice, it's a no-brainer, as the post above me neatly sums up. I thought Elliott and Jordan were our best players today (along with Murphy). Almost everything Jordan did was carried out with composure and class; Elliott gave us energy and movement and his work-rate reminds me of Andy Morrell.

Welcome back!

Yeah I would say Murphy, Elliot and Clarke(J) were our best performers today too.

Waldorf

God help us! Elliott another headless chicken? I think not.

RichieGunns

I wasn't be malicious, just realised I hadn't seen you around for a bit!

So welcome back!

And while I wasn't at the match, I would say from what I heard on the radio, that Elliot and Murphy were our two best players on the pitch.

Can't really say about Clarke so I wont give an opinion but that doesn't mean what you say about him is any less valid.

FabDebec

Would like to see him started ahead of Clarke - generally has so much more about him around the box. Actually looks like scoring. I've nothing against Clarke but when someone starts to remind me a less talented Stern John I get a little concerned!

Nonleagueherewecome

I wasn't be malicious, just realised I hadn't seen you around for a bit!

So welcome back!

And while I wasn't at the match, I would say from what I heard on the radio, that Elliot and Murphy were our two best players on the pitch.

Can't really say about Clarke so I wont give an opinion but that doesn't mean what you say about him is any less valid.

None taken ;)

I've generally spending more time with cricket and less with football. Less depressing, more interesting. But I still go to all the home games, just don't really have much of an urge to express an opinion! Today I was so impressed with Elliott and Jordan that I had to say so. And yeah, Murphy too-we always said about Westwood that we wouldn't appreciate how good he was until he was gone; well on Tuesday, Murphy went up massively in my estimation simply by not being there. He's a top 3-4 'keeper in this league, our problems lie elsewhere-notably at CB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread