Elliott (1 Viewer)

Martin180

Well it seems like we have gone through the rest of the signings and pulled them apart .

I think Elliott will be one of the shrewdest signings of the summer , he is a hard working , clever striker.He will score 10-12 goals but will create space for and assist as many as twice as much .Gutted he isnt fully fit for the start of the season but looking forward to him linking up with Fleck and others when he is

pusbccfc

Yeah agree. I think the little pressure on him will improve his game. Fleck and Cody plus Jennings now already have huge pressure over their head. Elliott scored 15 goals in a championship season before when Sunderland got promoted. He's only 28, time to hit form!

Martin180

Elliotts game is more of a foil for others ,he has never been prolific and dont expect him to be now .I think alongside Cody/Polo or the mystery striker he will be very good

cyril

Yep. Nothing to do with your name being Martin or even the fact you love darts hence the 180. More to do with the shite you talk about city ;)

cyril

Honestly think we've sone some great business this summer however I just don't think thorn is a winner

Play offs at best

Martin180

A lot of good managers have come from humble beginnings ,i am of the jury out regarding Thorn. Hopefully a lot of the business that has been done has been on his say so .I think 1-2more signings and we are on our way to promotion :)

cyril

I'm not doubting his signings and I'm not against him

If we get a good start it could be happy days. Then you might even venture up the ricoh eh?

Martin180

I'm not doubting his signings and I'm not against him

If we get a good start it could be happy days. Then you might even venture up the ricoh eh?
As long as i got a big bloke sitting next to me .......

Make a change from my armchair ;)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Cyril and Martin's Skyblue talk love in.
Kisses wtf????

Diehard Si

Back to the thread. I think he can be good for us. Maybe as a sub to start but then competition for Cody or even a stand in winger.

Who knows, he may earn his place in the 1st team

harvey098

Think it will be the case of "ROD the 2nd" and not because of lack of talent but because of lack of opportunity. Strikers need a run of games up front before being judged but I get the feeling that Elliot would have to come into the side and score straight away or it will be a long time before he gets another look in, baring injuries. Could be wrong but get the feeling he will be quite far down the pecking order.

aodea

i think Elliot is a good player his work rate is great and he pressures defence. Whether he will score goals i dont know but provided others are it will allow him to do the hard graft.

Chipfat

He will push the likes of Ball, Baker and Macca all the way to a starting slot may surprise a few. If he doesnt start will be the first name and the subs bench....

covcity4life

Think it will be the case of "ROD the 2nd" and not because of lack of talent but because of lack of opportunity. Strikers need a run of games up front before being judged but I get the feeling that Elliot would have to come into the side and score straight away or it will be a long time before he gets another look in, baring injuries. Could be wrong but get the feeling he will be quite far down the pecking order.

i share this fear

Sky Blue Sheepy

Gotta say he added a bit of guile when he came on vs Daggers; made some good runs and got forward with the ball. Was overwhelmed at this signing but want to see a bit more of him on pitch

skyblueman

Always felt good about this signing - think he will be a really solid player for us and possibly a future favourite - considering his career to date, early promise but bad luck on injuries I think he is out to prove to everyone he is a really great player - one to watch for me

Users who are viewing this thread