Elliot (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

CET's MOM

Changed the dimension of the game for me when he was on the pitch.

We definitely look better with two up front

Mucca Mad Boys

CET's MOM

Changed the dimension of the game for me when he was on the pitch.

We definitely look better with two up front

No we don't!

On Saturday, the quality of chances wasn't great, some were good, either formation, but we became unbelievably naive, we were pumping the ball into the box v CB who had us in their pockets.

I think the midfield needs overhauling, Moussa hasn't been great lately, same with Sheff AND Baker, Bailey started well v Yeovil, but was disappointing and Jennings wasn't great at all. I think change is needed tbh. For me, only Baker, reluctantly so, and Bailey keep their places, the rest of them should be dropped, or 1 of: Moussa, Jennings and Sheff sould be kept.

torchomatic

Great player. I've really liked him since the Brum game.

Sky Blue Kid

Spot on Dongonzalos. Clarke isn't capable of playing the "Lone Striker" role. He is a Jimmy Greaves type of player. Pretty good from inside the six yard box, but nothing special outside of it. Cue SBTaylor to "Shout down" anyone with a different view to his!;)

torchomatic

skybluesam66

except when hes started he has not lasted beyond 60 minutes - he is not fit enough to play the whole game and i think that is why he started on the bench

so do we start with him and bring him off eg MK dons - or do we bring him on as the impact sub when all defenders are tiring

Mucca Mad Boys

Spot on Dongonzalos. Clarke isn't capable of playing the "Lone Striker" role. He is a Jimmy Greaves type of player. Pretty good from inside the six yard box, but nothing special outside of it. Cue SBTaylor to "Shout down" anyone with a different view to his!;)

As torch said, bit rich coming from you.

No mood for hypocrites today!

Just going to end this argument sharply and quickly:

Clarke: 4 goals in 6 starts, 1 sub appearances, for Scunny: 11 goals in 20 starts, 1 sub appearances
Elliott: 4 goals in 8 starts, 8 sub appearances

I rest my case, now you should drop it!

Sky Blue Kid

Hey Torchy...You're getting better at stringing more than three words together, keep it up.
PS...you actually had me warming to your previous post, but let yourself down badly again!:jerkit:

Sky Blue Kid

Clarke 4in 6 starts....2 against Sheff utd, playing 4-4-2.
Elliot sub app partnering Clarke scored 2 playing err,umm, oh yes! 4-4-2
Check out out Clarkes goals at Scunny, and what formation they played when he scored!!!
As Dongonzalos said, we look much better with 2 up front. You also say drop midfielders, Moussa has been an integral part of our midfield, but you want to drop him?...No mention of dropping Clarke, why?
The games that he's scored in, he's been absolutely average at best, and games where he hasn't scored have shown him to be not very good even at the basics
He was diabolical against Sheff utd, but because he scored everyone forgets how bad he actually was!
Elliot has made a shedfull of chances for Clarke when partnering him up front, but hasn't taken anywhere near enough of them.
Clarke hasn't got the skill to be a target man. He is not in the same class as King or McG. He will score goals though, as long as he plays with someone who can keep giving him the chances(Elliot)....and the last word goes to........................

Sky Blue Kid

SBTaylor...

Elliot 11 appearances of which 9 were as a sub......TWO(2) STARTS
If you want to quote figures, at least get them right pal!:facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

SBTaylor...

Elliot 11 appearances of which 9 were as a sub......TWO(2) STARTS
If you want to quote figures, at least get them right pal!:facepalm:

Mine are official stats from the actim index...

If you're going to 'correct' me, at least be correct.

Clarke scored his 2nd goal upfront on his own, so far he's scored more goals on upfront on his own than in a 4-4-2, fact.

Btw, you can't argue against facts.

EDIT: 1 hour later, no reply... That's what I thought.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mine are official stats from the actim index...

If you're going to 'correct' me, at least be correct.

Clarke scored his 2nd goal upfront on his own, so far he's scored more goals on upfront on his own than in a 4-4-2, fact.

Btw, you can't argue against facts.

EDIT: 1 hour later, no reply... That's what I thought.

Have you considered how long he has played as a lone striker compared to as part of a 2?

Obviously if he has played more time as a lone striker it is more likely he will have scored more goals

Mucca Mad Boys

Have you considered how long he has played as a lone striker compared to as part of a 2?

Obviously if he has played more time as a lone striker it is more likely he will have scored more goals

It's very similar times, actually, because most games he's played in we've brought Elliott on quickly and gone to a 4-4-2, Tranmere, Shrews, Sheff U, Carlisle and Oldham, BAR Sheff U, Elliott has come on as a sub and we've gone 4-4-2.

Sky Blue Kid

Stephen Elliott (Coventry City) appearances Select season Date Competition Home Res Away Gls Crd 09/02/2013League OneCoventry City *0-1Yeovil Town0 05/02/2013(Associate Members)Coventry City0-3Crewe Alex.0 01/02/2013League OneSheff. Utd.1-2Coventry City0 16/01/2013League OneCoventry City *1-0Tranmere Rvs.0 13/01/2013League OneCarlisle Utd.1-0Coventry City *0Y10/01/2013(Associate Members)Coventry City *3-2Preston N.E.0 29/12/2012League OneMilton Keynes2-3Coventry City2 22/12/2012League OneCoventry City *1-1Preston N.E.0 27/10/2012League OneLeyton Orient0-1Coventry City *0 06/10/2012League OneCoventry City *1-0Bournemouth0 26/09/2012League CupArsenal6-1Coventry City0 18/09/2012League OneShrewsbury Tn.4-1Coventry City0 15/09/2012League OneTranmere Rvs.2-0Coventry City0 09/09/2012League OneCoventry City1-2Stevenage0Y01/09/2012League OneCrewe Alex.1-0Coventry City0 28/08/2012League CupCoventry City3-2Birmingham C.0 25/08/2012League OneCoventry City2-2Bury0 21/08/2012League OneCoventry City1-1Sheff. Utd.1Y18/08/2012League OneYeovil Town1-1Coventry City *0 14/08/2012League CupDag. & Red.0-1Coventry City *0Y Total appearances 11 (* + 9 as sub); Goals 3; Yellow cards 4; Red cards 0

Gonna argue with those stats now are you SBTaylor?

hill83

According to the CCFC website:

Total(sub)
22(11)
League
League Cup
FA Cup
Goals
Total

hill83

Mucca Mad Boys

Stephen Elliott (Coventry City) appearances Select season Date Competition Home Res Away Gls Crd 09/02/2013League OneCoventry City *0-1Yeovil Town0 05/02/2013(Associate Members)Coventry City0-3Crewe Alex.0 01/02/2013League OneSheff. Utd.1-2Coventry City0 16/01/2013League OneCoventry City *1-0Tranmere Rvs.0 13/01/2013League OneCarlisle Utd.1-0Coventry City *0Y10/01/2013(Associate Members)Coventry City *3-2Preston N.E.0 29/12/2012League OneMilton Keynes2-3Coventry City2 22/12/2012League OneCoventry City *1-1Preston N.E.0 27/10/2012League OneLeyton Orient0-1Coventry City *0 06/10/2012League OneCoventry City *1-0Bournemouth0 26/09/2012League CupArsenal6-1Coventry City0 18/09/2012League OneShrewsbury Tn.4-1Coventry City0 15/09/2012League OneTranmere Rvs.2-0Coventry City0 09/09/2012League OneCoventry City1-2Stevenage0Y01/09/2012League OneCrewe Alex.1-0Coventry City0 28/08/2012League CupCoventry City3-2Birmingham C.0 25/08/2012League OneCoventry City2-2Bury0 21/08/2012League OneCoventry City1-1Sheff. Utd.1Y18/08/2012League OneYeovil Town1-1Coventry City *0 14/08/2012League CupDag. & Red.0-1Coventry City *0Y Total appearances 11 (* + 9 as sub); Goals 3; Yellow cards 4; Red cards 0

Gonna argue with those stats now are you SBTaylor?

What's your point? You said he played 11 games! 9 sub appearances, which is wrong, he's had 16 appearances in the league.

Clarke 4in 6 starts....2 against Sheff utd, playing 4-4-2.
Elliot sub app partnering Clarke scored 2 playing err,umm, oh yes! 4-4-2
Check out out Clarkes goals at Scunny, and what formation they played when he scored!!!
As Dongonzalos said, we look much better with 2 up front. You also say drop midfielders, Moussa has been an integral part of our midfield, but you want to drop him?...No mention of dropping Clarke, why?
The games that he's scored in, he's been absolutely average at best, and games where he hasn't scored have shown him to be not very good even at the basics
He was diabolical against Sheff utd, but because he scored everyone forgets how bad he actually was!
Elliot has made a shedfull of chances for Clarke when partnering him up front, but hasn't taken anywhere near enough of them.
Clarke hasn't got the skill to be a target man. He is not in the same class as King or McG. He will score goals though, as long as he plays with someone who can keep giving him the chances(Elliot)....and the last word goes to........................

Drop our best goal scorer? Pipe down dafty

Users who are viewing this thread