Elliot (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Fair plat to him today he got 2 chances and buried both well. His second was superb. You could tell he was lacking match fitness. However you could tell he loved every minute of it. He ran his socks off.

Jonny

Two great finishes indeed, had a great view from where I was sat! Fair play to him, definitely needed to step up to the occasion, and that's exactly what he did.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Made excellent runs in behind the entire game, also attempted to hold it up an bring in others to play. Great game, demonstrated our squad depth today with Elliott coming in to deliver a great performance

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Very good game and took goals very well. Second especially! Nice to see a forward hassle a defender into making a mistake when we're on the counter attack, pick his spot and bury it even though he had the option to square it! So many times over the years we've had players who would have given up half way through that attempt, or gone for the pass and is fluff the chance!

It is only one game but if he can take this form into future fixtures then he will deserve his place in the team!

Be interesting to see if McG walks back in on NYD, or if Robins sticks with his principles and rewards players who put on a show!

skybluegod

Very good game and took goals very well. Second especially! Nice to see a forward hassle a defender into making a mistake when we're on the counter attack, pick his spot and bury it even though he had the option to square it! So many times over the years we've had players who would have given up half way through that attempt, or gone for the pass and is fluff the chance!

It is only one game but if he can take this form into future fixtures then he will deserve his place in the team!

Be interesting to see if McG walks back in on NYD, or if Robins sticks with his principles and rewards players who put on a show!

Agree goldie has been excellent but how can he drop Elliot after that?

stupot07

We said the same about Barton after the Donny game then with hindsight people changed their mind and said we should have played Baker.

As well as Elliott played today, Mcgoldrick had to come back in - he'll be fired up for his last game for us.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We said the same about Barton after the Donny game then with hindsight people changed their mind and said we should have played Baker.

As well as Elliott played today, Mcgoldrick had to come back in - he'll be fired up for his last game for us.
tbf it is slightly different

Against Donny Barton was just part of a side that played well, he played well but so did the whole team. He wasn't the stand out player against Donny, just part of a good team performance

Today vs MK Dons Elliott was the match winner

I would bring back Mcgoldrick in personally, as you say he will want to give the fans a proper send off as it looks likely to be his last game

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Well thats what Robins is going to have to consider! Dropping Elliott may damage his confidence, but playing him may result in us regretting not bringing back McG!

I say if we haven't done a deal to keep McG by the game, we play Elliott. We have got to prepare for the rest of the season after all, rather thn just one game.

Marty

Elliott was excellent today, gave everything and got his rewards, wasn't impressed with Ro'D though, he made it too easy for their back line as he took too long to close the ball down.

skybluegod

Well thats what Robins is going to have to consider! Dropping Elliott may damage his confidence, but playing him may result in us regretting not bringing back McG!

I say if we haven't done a deal to keep McG by the game, we play Elliott. We have got to prepare for the rest of the season after all, rather thn just one game.

Or we play both? I know we play 4-2-3-1 but i would like to see us have a go at home.

Grendel

Or we play both? I know we play 4-2-3-1 but i would like to see us have a go at home.

Robins will decide whatever is best for the team.

He will not be suckered into this nonsense about keep a winning team he will decide on the best team to get a result.

This is the difference between a football manager and a popularist fool.

skybluegod

Robins will decide whatever is best for the team.

He will not be suckered into this nonsense about keep a winning team he will decide on the best team to get a result.

This is the difference between a football manager and a popularist fool.

He's the one that said that players will be in the team on merit and Elliot earns merit today

Grendel

covcity4life

His first goal came off defender

Slick finish for his second tho

How was his all round play? I know he works hard but did he hold up ball as and contribute to build up play like DMC does?

skybluegod

His first goal came off defender

Slick finish for his second tho

How was his all round play? I know he works hard but did he hold up ball as and contribute to build up play like DMC does?

He held up well until hw was fouled but the ref was shit and didn't give it

Delboycov

Although it would be harsh on Elliott you have to play your best side and McGoldrick is not just probably our best player but possibly the best player in the league on current form....those 3 points could be the difference between promotion or not so we have to play the best side available. When McG goes Elliott will have plenty of opportunities so I'm sure he won't be too fed up if he has to make way for 1 game...

Mucca Mad Boys

Surely we should learn our lesson from not playing Baker v PNE!? McG to start 10/10, lets not kid ourselves, Elliott was shit 1st half, he was literally holding us back. I'm glad he proved me wrong, when I asserted "he will not score!" fair play to him.

McG is top goalscorer, enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread