EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (5 Viewers)

Magwitch

This was always going to happen imo and we will be crowned champions, I’ve said before thank god for Liverpool and Leeds no way would the authorities deny either of them their rightful prizes. The interesting thing is relegation I still doubt the Premiership will re-start giving a massive headache, my money is on no relegation throughout the leagues.

RegTheDonk

To be fair if it apparently has to be voted for how many will lose out in terms of relegation or promotion Vs financially having to keep going and suffer with virtually no income?

shepardo01

...... one of the options mentioned in the "Athletic's" article is a cut off at the Half way point.
We would be 4th I think.....
We would not be promoted if this was the case....

RegTheDonk

...... one of the options mentioned in the "Athletic's" article is a cut off at the Half way point.
Hmmm... Wonder who's idea that was! Well that wouldn't satisfy the 75% of the season argument so you may as well void it I would counter argue.

Plus is there anywhere else in Europe UEFA is recommending this solution?

Grendel

Hmmm... Wonder who's idea that was! Well that wouldn't satisfy the 75% of the season argument so you may as well void it I would counter argue.

That was a vague suggestion in France which makes me wonder really if this is just all made up

@richh87

Yeah, but I can’t see that option getting more votes than PPG (hope not). I think every league should scrap relegation and promote the top 3. The leagues would be bigger next season, but I think all teams should only play each other once because there’s likely to be disruption in next season too, so this way there’d be room to reschedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

then Ipswich would be third haha there is absolutely no chance that will happen, we’ve played nearly 80% of the season why would they do it on the half way point

shepardo01

Yeah, but I can’t see that option getting more votes than PPG (hope not).
You would hope that would be the case wouldn't you.
Obviously current top 3 would vote PPG,
Guessing others in top 3 at the H/W point would vote that diluting other options.

We just don't know do we.

I heard from a source within the game that L1 are fairly sure they won't resume (was a week ago so things may change) so it is now just down to hope of promotion for us.

ccfcmad1

Right now I would take it not exactly the way we want to go up but sadly it looks to be the case, no promotion party but I will have my city flags out the windows and a beer or ten to celebrate a deserved promotion and tremendous season sadly cut short

mrtrench

You would hope that would be the case wouldn't you.
Obviously current top 3 would vote PPG,
Guessing others in top 3 at the H/W point would vote that diluting other options.

We just don't know do we.

I heard from a source within the game that L1 are fairly sure they won't resume (was a week ago so things may change) so it is now just down to hope of promotion for us.

The majority of clubs will be neither in risk of promotion nor relegation and vote in the way that the deem fairest, I imagine. The small number voting in the way that suits them personally should be irrelevant.

shepardo01

Shame really crowned champions without finishing it properly will never be the same but what can we do
If somebody offered PPG and Champions I would snap their hand off.
Returning to play at this point would have been an absolute lottery - who knows what would have happened and what players we would have not had available, added to many other factors such as no crowd, lack of prep etc....

torchomatic

I would imagine Ipswich will go for that one.

AStonesThrow

The only place that would recommend and stand by something so nonsensical, not just In Europe, but the entire world, is Sunderland’s airy fairy doollally-land of delusions, along with their imaginary shite hoying and their hatred of Jimmy Hill after decades have passed

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, but I can’t see that option getting more votes than PPG (hope not). I think every league should scrap relegation and promote the top 3. The leagues would be bigger next season, but I think all teams should only play each other once because there’s likely to be disruption in next season too, so this way there’d be room to reschedule.

Only the top league would be bigger!!! All the others would have the same amount. 3 in and 3 out

Nick

Administrator
If they end the season and we aren't crowned champions / promoted then it's a sham.

We were 5 points clear of 2nd (7 of 3rd) with a game in hand, well top of the Form League as well before it ended, highest PPG, lost only 3 games (next best is 7) and conceded the least amount of goals.

shmmeee

Champione! Champione!
Well on points per game

I’ll take it. I want an open top bus tour around the city anyway and we’ll all come out and clap. How long can it possible take to drive every street in Cov?

Users who are viewing this thread