EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (5 Viewers)

Specs WT-R75

Cracking article that spells out the process!

Barnsley - I don't think the required 50% of Championship clubs will agree to this one as they intend to resume the season anyway and you would expect the majority of the top half to vote it down and some of the bottom half as well. If it passes Championship then the entire of League 2 already supports it so it will pass. Even if it passes and the Championship play out their games then it's still a non-issue for us next season if we go up.

Tranmere - I get where they are coming from. Problem is they have a solution whereby statistically 1 of the top 2 teams is guaranteed promotion, but both of them could end up missing out via playoffs. I just can't see it gaining enough support from Championship. Either way if it passes then we are promoted and the remaining teams can figure out the mess!

Lincoln - This amendment is a no-brainer and will get unanimous support if voted on. To be honest, I didn't realise the PPG wouldn't be done as they suggested - clearly if PPG is used then the PPG can't consider points deductions as those points were not earned or lost during games!

Stevenage amendment won't fly. I don't think there is the required time needed for Ipswich's amendment to play out which would return us back to square one again with further meetings and votes... when is there going to be time to do all this and play an extended playoff format that may or may not include us which means we cannot prepare for next season either...

I think the EFL proposal will eventually pass. Get the Champagne on ice next week....

Magwitch

Barnsley are just trying to grasp a nettle the relegation situation in the championship is as tight as a gnats chuff, five clubs above third bottom separated by just three points, no relegation would be a popular choice for atleast eight clubs in that division.

Specs WT-R75

Barnsley are just trying to grasp a nettle the relegation situation in the championship is as tight as a gnats chuff, five clubs above third bottom separated by just three points, no relegation would be a popular choice for atleast eight clubs in that division.

I imagine the Barnsley proposal only matters if the Championship does not conclude and the reality is that (1) too much money at stake for the Championship not to finish and (2) the other 16 teams won't really care to support it and will have the EFL in their ear saying that they must relegate if they want to ensure that they get promoted to the PL...

tisza

Barnsley proposal shouldn't pass as you can get to 38/39 games and teams could be already mathematically down. Or season falls a game short but everything is mathematically sorted

Colin Steins Smile

Barnsley proposal shouldn't pass as you can get to 38/39 games and teams could be already mathematically down. Or season falls a game short but everything is mathematically sorted
The Barnsley proposal goes against the edit from the FA, who state there must be promotion and relegation.

Dickie

Does anyone think we’ll get promoted before this thread reaches 100 pages? Come on EFL you numpties!

skyblueinBaku

Cracking article that spells out the process!

Barnsley - I don't think the required 50% of Championship clubs will agree to this one as they intend to resume the season anyway and you would expect the majority of the top half to vote it down and some of the bottom half as well. If it passes Championship then the entire of League 2 already supports it so it will pass. Even if it passes and the Championship play out their games then it's still a non-issue for us next season if we go up.

Tranmere - I get where they are coming from. Problem is they have a solution whereby statistically 1 of the top 2 teams is guaranteed promotion, but both of them could end up missing out via playoffs. I just can't see it gaining enough support from Championship. Either way if it passes then we are promoted and the remaining teams can figure out the mess!

Lincoln - This amendment is a no-brainer and will get unanimous support if voted on. To be honest, I didn't realise the PPG wouldn't be done as they suggested - clearly if PPG is used then the PPG can't consider points deductions as those points were not earned or lost during games!

Stevenage amendment won't fly. I don't think there is the required time needed for Ipswich's amendment to play out which would return us back to square one again with further meetings and votes... when is there going to be time to do all this and play an extended playoff format that may or may not include us which means we cannot prepare for next season either...

I think the EFL proposal will eventually pass. Get the Champagne on ice next week....
My champagne has been in the 'fridge for weeks!

ceetee

I hesitate to put my head above the parapet, but. leaving all loyalties aside. wouldn't sporting integrity be best served by
Pausing the current season now at all levels
Combine current season with a shortened 2021 season of one fixture only between teams
Recommence all levels when spectators are allowed.
So we would have a 66 game double season.

Liquid Gold

I hesitate to put my head above the parapet, but. leaving all loyalties aside. wouldn't sporting integrity be best served by
Pausing the current season now at all levels
Combine current season with a shortened 2021 season of one fixture only between teams
Recommence all levels when spectators are allowed.
So we would have a 66 game double season.
Bit late for that. Go back to page 4 and see if you can squeeze the post in there.

chiefdave

Lincoln proposal - when to deduct points from PPG, this actually makes sense for me and is a fairer way of doing things, it has no impact on final positions from normal PPG but it could in a different season if this were to happen again, Bolton would effectively finish on 21.6 pts this season as opposed to 18.1. So nothing major but if we are writing these into rules going forward i think this is reasonable.

Stevenage - dont think this will stand up, just not having relegation from L2, and doesnt particularly make sense, why not all leagues?

Ipswich - just want to extend the playoffs, if a season needs to finish prematurely, then demanding more games than required seems wrong, non starter for me.

Barnsley - no relegation, promotion but no relegation seems wrong, you either say positions are final or not for me

Tranmere - absolute shambles as expected, and no logic to their workings at all.

I think the most sensible outcome, whether wanted or not is simple PPG with maybe the Lincoln amendment.
Would agree with that summary. The Lincoln proposal actually makes sense, the rest are just self interest.

As the idea seems to be to create a rule that can also be used in the future if required surprised nobody has suggested a minimum number of games that need to be completed, unless that's buried in there somewhere and I've missed it. For example WW2 meant the 39/40 season was halted after 3 games. You can't really go PPG in those circumstances.

jordan210

Oxford have extended their loan with Matty Taylor till the last game of the season. When ever that might be.

But they also lost one of their loans Nathan Holland who has gone back to parent club.

Also they have started C19 testing and will return to training next week.

Testing Begins

Ring Of Steel

The Tranmere proposal- has anyone calculated whether this "margin for error" means we overlap with a team outside the automatic places?

scottccfc

Oxford have extended their loan with Matty Taylor till the last game of the season. When ever that might be.

But they also lost one of their loans Nathan Holland who has gone back to parent club.

Testing Begins
all league 1 play off teams have started c19 testing :)

Specs WT-R75

Testing Begins

Best case scenario they have playoffs to prepare for. Worst case the season resumes so makes sense that they would return.

The Tranmere proposal- has anyone calculated whether this "margin for error" means we overlap with a team outside the automatic places?

No team outside of the automatic places overlaps our range. The Championship graph is messed up though because only Fulham overlap WBA and Leeds, so that means playoffs for them all (3 spots for 12 teams) even though 2 of the 3 were essentially guaranteed automatics with the 3rd a playoff spot....

Gibbo

This is IPSWICH’S PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE EFL PROPOSAL
- Should the relegated, League One season not be completed, clubs should be consulted about alternative play-off formats.
- Any alternative play-off format would require the support of six clubs to be put before the entire division for voting
- Rounds of voting would take place, with the format garnering the least support eliminated in each round.

Anybody understand it, because I don't

bradwellskyblues

1 4 play off teams being tested
2 peterborough seem to of conceded
these 2 things make me feel only the championship vote can now stop us and that i would think unlikely

steve cooper

This is IPSWICH’S PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE EFL PROPOSAL
- Should the relegated, League One season not be completed, clubs should be consulted about alternative play-off formats.
- Any alternative play-off format would require the support of six clubs to be put before the entire division for voting
- Rounds of voting would take place, with the format garnering the least support eliminated in each round.

Anybody understand it, because I don't
That bit has got corrupted somehow. Here is Ipswich's proposal.
Ipswich Town submit expanded League One play-off proposal to EFL

skyblueelephant76

Liquid Gold

Sunderland forum in meltdown as it looks like ourselves and Rotherham promoted. Sunderland miss out on the playoffs. They really are bitter and twisted and above themselves. They still think they are a big club and above league one

Peterborough chairman gives up on promotion this season, majority of clubs want PPG and 4 team playoff
"We’re like Gulliver, tied down by lots of shite little Lilliputian clubs. Gulliver escaped eventually, god knows if we ever will.."

Fucking arrogance of them.

RegiswasGod

"We’re like Gulliver, tied down by lots of shite little Lilliputian clubs. Gulliver escaped eventually, god knows if we ever will.."

Fucking arrogance of them.
It was this comment:
I'd like Wycombe to win the playoffs, and face the prospect of playing behind closed doors in a higher league, with bigger expenditure, with fuck all income for the rest of 2020.

They'd be bust come January, and I for one would piss my sides laughing.

How delightful this character is

Users who are viewing this thread