EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (13 Viewers)

clint van damme

I must say, that Sunderland forum is hilarious to read also.

some fella saying they could have done it as most of the top 6 are in mixed form.
Collectively in the last 5 games the top 6 have lost 4 games. Sunderland have lost 2 in their last 5!

chiefdave

Think I'm going mad as the BBC report reads to me like two votes as well!
The new regulations still have to be voted on by all 71 EFL clubs before they can be implemented.
The EFL has confirmed that 51% of clubs in either the Championship, League One or League Two need to agree for a campaign to be curtailed.
Probably the happiest I've ever been to be wrong as getting through one vote will be easier than two!

lord_garrincha

1. Coventry,
2. Rotherham,
-------------------
3. Wycombe,
4. Oxford,
5. Portsmouth,
6. Fleetwood,
-------------------
7. Peterborough,
8. Sunderland
There is definitely scope now for an one-off match for the teams in 7 & 8 to play for the prestigious 'insufferable douchebag owners' cup!

Oh, and also, WE'RE ON OUR WAY...ON OUR WAY!!!

steve cooper

12 votes needed for us to be guaranteed promotion into the Championship. That's all it takes.

Does anyone think the below 12 will vote to end the season now on PPG?

Coventry
Rotherham
Wycombe
Fleetwood
Burton
Blackpool
Lincoln
Shrewsbury
Accrington
MK
Rochdale
Wimbledon
Would Oxford really want to gamble on making top 2 as opposed to a guaranteed play off spot?
Bristol Rovers have nothing to gain by completing the season, and may even get sucked into the relegation scrap

hill83

That forum is in meltdown.....

Is Astute still sniffing around on there?

135.png

Grendel

1. Coventry,
2. Rotherham,
-------------------
3. Wycombe,
4. Oxford,
5. Portsmouth,
6. Fleetwood,
-------------------
7. Peterborough,
8. Sunderland

We should put in a proposal to make the vote take place 17 minutes after the agreed time just for a bit of nostalgia

Seb

Keep trying to get work done but getting distracted at the Sunderland fans crying on their forum... is this worth getting a telling off from work for not getting anything completed?

Happy_Martian

'4. The Board considers that the majority required to curtail the 2019/20 season in any division should be 51%. Determining whether or not to curtail the season is a decision for each division to take.'

So each division is decided separately

Sounds to me like it's going to be one vote for all clubs to make but the results will be broken down into each league.

stay_up_skyblues

Great stuff. And with the signs being relegation in all divisions is non negotiable, there is a very real possibility that we can add the Villa to the list of cracking local derbies next season. Just hope we get to go and see a few of them!

Sky Blue Harry H

Peterboro - such a massive club that their fans haven't even mentioned it on their forum yet since the announcement. Pompey also fairly quiet

12 votes needed for us to be guaranteed promotion into the Championship. That's all it takes.

Does anyone think the below 12 will vote to end the season now on PPG?

Coventry
Rotherham
Wycombe
Fleetwood
Burton
Blackpool
Lincoln
Shrewsbury
Accrington
MK
Rochdale
Wimbledon

Could Bolton and Southend potentially also vote to end season early as they’re realistically already down and wouldn’t want the added cost of playing remaining games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Sounds to me like it's going to be one vote for all clubs to make but the results will be broken down into each league.
As I read it, there will be a vote of all EFL clubs to accept the proposed changes to the regulations THEN it is up to each division to vote to play on or end the season now, 51% wins?

Happy_Martian

Just have Boddy turn up to the zoom meeting late and say he had internet problems.

LOL, was just reading through the S'land forum and a couple of others. Surprised the Mackems haven't blamed Jimmy for somehow screwing their season again. Before they complain about what has happened, they really need to look in the mirror, hope it doesn't crack, and realise that being a "big" name in this league means f...... not a lot of anything. If you don't perform on the pitch, don't whine about it later.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

At an educated guess:

Votes against: Peterborough, Sunderland, Donny, Tranmere, Ipswich, Gillingham, Bristol

Votes for: Cov, Rotherham, Wycombe, Burton, Wimbledon, Rochdale, MKD, Accrington, Shrews, Lincoln

Unknown votes: Oxford, Pompey, Fleetwood, Blackpool, Southend, Bolton

If the above was accurate, only 2 out of the 6 unknown votes would needed for us to get promoted. That's assuming the votes for and against were the same as my prediction.

As I said, just an educated guess, but it looks promising at this stage.

shepardo01

LOL, was just reading through the S'land forum and a couple of others. Surprised the Mackems haven't blamed Jimmy for somehow screwing their season again. Before they complain about what has happened, they really need to look in the mirror, hope it doesn't crack, and realise that being a "big" name in this league means f...... not a lot of anything. If you don't perform on the pitch, don't whine about it later.
Some of them don't even realise that they are out of play offs on PPG....

Malaka

1 Box of Tissues
1 Bottle of Jack
1 Bottle of Coke

10 mins of privacy if you don't mind, then I'm starting on the Jack
FUCKING YES! GET IN! FUCKING CITY TILL WE DIE!!

Happy_Martian

At an educated guess:

Votes against: Peterborough, Sunderland, Donny, Tranmere, Ipswich, Gillingham, Bristol

Votes for: Cov, Rotherham, Wycombe, Burton, Wimbledon, Rochdale, MKD, Accrington, Shrews, Lincoln

If the above was accurate, only 2 out of the 6 unknown votes would needed for us to get promoted. That's assuming the votes for and against were the same as my prediction.

Southend wanted the season done, dusted and closed down without relegation to save themselves only.

clint van damme

At an educated guess:

I can't see any way Southend and Bolton wouldn't vote for PPG.
I also wouldn't include Bristol in the against votes.

Mcbean

Talksport ( the moose) understands the vote will be next week so we have at least 4 -5 days more bickering and meltdown

Users who are viewing this thread