EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (1 Viewer)

Otis

So it looks as though clubs have just 2 options to vote for which is much better than the 276 that were being spewed around
Playoffs still might encompass one of these batshit ideas though, might it not?

Evo1883

Now it's a case of whether the teams that benefit from a PPG scenario will want to risk playing on and missing out on a chance of the playoffs.. My guess is that Tranmere, Sunderland, Ipswich, Gillingham, Peterborough will all vote to play on... Maybe 2 or 3 more at most can't see it restarting

fatso

Surely the only fair way is to void the remaining games, and the table finishes as it is. (Or ppg, which is pretty much h the same thing)

All players and staff can be furloughed until October, or until the new season is safe to start
(Whichever is the sooner)
In reality teams cant afford the extra cost of weekly or daily virus checks, and some squads will be decimated by positive test results anyway, which makes the whole idea of continuing to play totaly rediculous.

Evo1883

Surely the only fair way is to void the remaining games, and the table finishes as it is. (Or ppg, which is pretty much h the same thing)

All players and staff can be furloughed until October, or until the new season is safe to start
(Whichever is the sooner)
In reality teams cant afford the extra cost of weekly or daily virus checks, and some squads will be decimated by positive test results anyway, which makes the whole idea of continuing to play totaly rediculous.

I think the option is there just so the rest of them can laugh at the twats who think it's feasible once it gets voted away

tisza

so we get a couple more game in and Peterborough (PPG qualified) and Sunderland move into top 6 ahead of Fleetwood & Rotherham then there's another little outbreak or a League 1 player tests postive and his team has to be quarantined for 14 days.
Wonder how committed they'll be to finishing season to the full 44 games then?

tisza

Players need 4-5 weeks to get ready so beginning of July. Then the 9 or 10 games plus play-offs had to put them well into August

Sky Blue Harry H

Just read the extended playoff situation is scrapped and it will go purely on PPG or restart...

where did you read that Evo?

Edit: just read that statement. If it's a straightforward majority vote , I would think most of existing top 6 (after PPG adjustment) would do PPG (as could backfire on them playing games, then slipping out). The middle table and just above relegation will vote PPG and Bolton and Southend will too (as are doomed)

SkyBlueDom26

This is taking the piss now, can see the bully boys persuading the mid table teams to play on.....seems this is far from over

ccfchoi87

I see it like this:

Definite votes for PPG

Coventry
Rotherham
Burton
Blackpool
Bristol Rovers
Lincoln
Shrewsbury
Accrington
MK Dons
Rochdale
Wimbledon
Southend
Bolton

Definite votes for play on:

Peterborough
Sunderland
Doncaster
Tranmere

Swing Votes:

Oxford
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wycombe
Ipswich
Gillingham

Last edited:

scottccfc

I see it like this:

Definite votes for PPG

Coventry
Rotherham
Burton
Blackpool
Bristol Rovers
Lincoln
Shrewsbury
Accrington
MK Dons
Rochdale
Wimbledon

Peterborough
Sunderland
Doncaster
Tranmere

Swing Votes:

Oxford
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wycombe
Ipswich
Gillingham
Southend
Bolton
Didn't Southend want to void season so surely they don't want carry on again.

Brighton Sky Blue

I see it like this:

Definite votes for PPG

Coventry
Rotherham
Burton
Blackpool
Bristol Rovers
Lincoln
Shrewsbury
Accrington
MK Dons
Rochdale
Wimbledon

Peterborough
Sunderland
Doncaster
Tranmere

Swing Votes:

Oxford
Portsmouth
Fleetwood
Wycombe
Ipswich
Gillingham
Southend
Bolton

Southend and Bolton if it came down to trying to play or PPG would I think go with PPG. One side is completely skint and so in theory is the other

Liquid Gold

For tuck sake. We all know there isn’t going to be significant football player for a while. A few playoff games can be managed. Just sort it out and accept it.

Magwitch

So it looks as though clubs have just 2 options to vote for which is much better than the 276 that were being spewed around
I think they have always been the EFLs options it’s only various clubs chairmen, mangers etc who have tried to muddy the waters for their own ends. Whichever way the vote goes there’s going to be someone unhappy even unlucky, if the Premiership do decide to re-start in June for six weeks I don’t see why the leagues below can’t follow suit, personally i’d rather go ppg if I’m honest but playing the ten outstanding games doesn’t bother me to be honest.

ccfchoi87

There must be more than the 4 definite teams I have listed wanting to carry on or there wouldn’t be this much discussion surely?

Evo1883

There must be more than the 4 definite teams I have listed wanting to carry on or there wouldn’t be this much discussion surely?

They wanted to carry on when more than 2 options were being considered... But if they have a definitive choice take it or play on they will soften their stance I'm sure... I reckon at best 7 teams vote to play on

Specs WT-R75

I think only a straight majority is needed. Seems a guarantee for PPG. Why wait until next week to vote though, taking the mick now...

Happy_Martian

So, after weeks of delays and bullshittery, we're back to square one with the only 2 real options back on the table. And according to that reporter, we're still no closer to getting a result. Well done to all who've extended this drama well beyond its 15 minutes of fame. I'm off to watch the Marble Grand Prix. Jelle's Marble Runs

Evo1883

Vote to play on in my head will be

Peterborough
Sunderland
Ipswich
Tranmere

Possibility of

Oxford
Doncaster
Fleetwood
Gillingham
Portsmouth

Can't think why any others will

SkyBlueDom26

A whole week then for the teams to get bullied into voting to carry on the season, what a load of bullshit why can’t we have the vote Friday.... hope we don’t get fucked over

Users who are viewing this thread