EFL Meeting 1pm today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I thought he had his head screwed on but now seems to be wild. Conversely I thought MacAnthony was a bit wild but he seems decent. I guess it depends where you fall on the argument. Holt in particular seems to be all over the place. One, day it's safety, one day it's revenue, one day they're redeveloping the stadium, the next day it ruins the integrity of the competition, the next he's going to play kids. I think someone needs to get him off twitter and write an article or something so we get his coherent point of view, although from what I'm seeing he doesn't have anything consistent.

Exactly.

He is ranting that bigger clubs sell more iFollow subscriptions and that Accrington have to travel to Pompey and don't get any money from it and all sorts.

better days

Built a bar in the garden.... with a screen... for purely selfish reasons I would like the season completed with all games screened. So I can get drunk ... do a one man conga up the garden if we win and throw bar stools around if we lose. Only draw back is Neighbours on both sides are Notts Forest so nobody to celebrate with over a garden fence.

Closing the season down even with us as champions will be such an anti climax
Brilliant

Grendel

And he’s pretty much on the money

Liquid Gold

Hang on, if the season is going to be behind closed doors on ifollow doesn't he recover money by selling those games when his team are away at a time when he'd normally make nothing as the away supporters ticket cash goes to the home club.

Grendel

Hang on, if the season is going to be behind closed doors on ifollow doesn't he recover money by selling those games when his team are away at a time when he'd normally make nothing as the away supporters ticket cash goes to the home club.

No because contract extensions hotel accommodation for isolation no gate receipts and having to now pay win bonuses will dwarf any gain from I Follow

Liquid Gold

"If it is a choice for us between playing dead rubber fixtures or surviving, we will be surviving"

Only dead rubber fixtures because they have nothing to play for. Can we all start to call them dead rubber when cash gets a bit tight. sets a very dangerous precedent.

Liquid Gold

No because contract extensions hotel accommodation for isolation no gate receipts and having to now pay win bonuses will dwarf any gain from I Follow
Can't they just be played at SGP and have the teams lodge there for a few weeks. Also that is the situation for all of his away games anyway.

Nick

Administrator

His issue is that Accrington don't have many fans whereas us and Portsmouth and other teams could sell thousands.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Remember any vote is only regarding playing the remaining fixtures. What happens to promotion/relegation will be decided separately.

Liquid Gold

His issue is that Accrington don't have many fans whereas us and Portsmouth and other teams could sell thousands.
Same as every other game of the season? We'll all be looking at drops in revenue, if he is running his club at such a razor thin margin whist putting in a new pitch and building a new stand it's is own fault. 'The club that wouldn't die' more like 'The club they killed twice'

wingy

It seems like proper chicanery that they're getting league's to end the season before they are aware of the positional outcome.

Nick

Administrator
It seems like proper chicanery that they're getting league's to end the season before they are aware of the positional outcome.

Exactly, how can you vote and force to end a season to not know what the outcome is? How can CCFC vote on ending it now if it doesn't mean promotion? Why would Bolton vote if they don't know if it means relegation?

Nick

Administrator
Same as every other game of the season? We'll all be looking at drops in revenue, if he is running his club at such a razor thin margin whist putting in a new pitch and building a new stand it's is own fault. 'The club that wouldn't die' more like 'The club they killed twice'

Yep, that's why he tries to block iFollow games at Accrington. He doesn't like that Portsmouth could sell 10,000 subscriptions to Accrington v Pompey and Portsmouth get the money.

Liquid Gold

Yep, that's why he tries to block iFollow games at Accrington. He doesn't like that Portsmouth could sell 10,000 subscriptions to Accrington v Pompey and Portsmouth get the money.
I get the argument for fairer revenue streams but we sell out his fucking shed every year anyway. He then wants a cut our subscriptions. What next, 10% of any merchandise sales in the week leading up to the game. Does he go around accrington tattoo parlours asking for a tenner from every badge they do. When someone comments 'who are they' on a facebook article about them he messages them for 10p.

Liquid Gold

The Fleetwood owner also wants to regionalise leagues 1 and 2.
Because he's had his plaything for a decade now and realised he's taken it as far as it will go and he's losing £7m a season. It's not everybody else's fault that their clubs are too small.

Nick

Administrator
I get the argument for fairer revenue streams but we sell out his fucking shed every year anyway. He then wants a cut our subscriptions. What next, 10% of any merchandise sales in the week leading up to the game. Does he go around accrington tattoo parlours asking for a tenner from every badge they do. When someone comments 'who are they' on a facebook article about them he messages them for 10p.

That's the thing, the likes of Pompey and us sell out the allocation anyway so it's not even physically possible to sell more tickets.

Liquid Gold

That's the thing, the likes of Pompey and us sell out the allocation anyway so it's not even physically possible to sell more tickets.
and he's saying if they play behind closed doors both games Pompey take home about 90% of the revenue. If they played those games as normal wouldn't it work out that Pompey take home around 90% anyway.

Grendel

"If it is a choice for us between playing dead rubber fixtures or surviving, we will be surviving"

Only dead rubber fixtures because they have nothing to play for. Can we all start to call them dead rubber when cash gets a bit tight. sets a very dangerous precedent.

We did once survive on dead rubber fixtures and Norwich were relegated which only happened due to timing

chiefdave

Have they said what will happen to Barrow? Clear at the top of the table with a game in hand.
Don't seem to have made any decision on what is happening other than cancelling remaining games. Would have thought it would make sense to get clubs to agree that before cancelling.

Skybluefaz

Don't seem to have made any decision on what is happening other than cancelling remaining games. Would have thought it would make sense to get clubs to agree that before cancelling.
On the face of it. I'm sure they'll know what's going to happen but are waiting for the football league to make announcements first.

chiefdave

One, day it's safety, one day it's revenue, one day they're redeveloping the stadium, the next day it ruins the integrity of the competition, the next he's going to play kids.
That's the problem with having an owner constantly posting on twitter. He needs to pick one excuse and stick to it.
Any club that votes for null and voiding should be forced to pay back ticket money, sponsorship money etc that they have gained through the season.
If the season gets voided you can guaranteed there will be legal action to recover season ticket money. Look how people kicked off when there was going to be one less game!

Just needs one lawyer to say they'll take on everyone's case on a small percentage. Add up season tickets across the EFL and even a small percentage will be a decent amount. Will be no shortage of lawyers willing to take that on.

They will have to find a way to call it now, PPG or something similar, or finish the season. Voiding it brings too many other issues into play.

Grendel

Surely they have to decide with the National League about promotion into the EFL a relegations out?

They can promote Barrow due to the league imbalance

Liquid Gold

That's the problem with having an owner constantly posting on twitter. He needs to pick one excuse and stick to it.

If the season gets voided you can guaranteed there will be legal action to recover season ticket money. Look how people kicked off when there was going to be one less game!

Just needs one lawyer to say they'll take on everyone's case on a small percentage. Add up season tickets across the EFL and even a small percentage will be a decent amount. Will be no shortage of lawyers willing to take that on.

They will have to find a way to call it now, PPG or something similar, or finish the season. Voiding it brings too many other issues into play.
I'm just glad on basically every variable they can come up with we win the league. You're right that voiding ends up costing too much so if they cancel games and still give promotion we go up. If we'd been on a bit of a bad run and were 7th but had a load of easy games to come I'd be furious.

Sky_Blue_Daz

My biggest concern is the momentum we may have lost during the break , I’m sure the season will start but behind closed doors , with coverage available on the red button

Users who are viewing this thread