Edges disallowed goal (1 Viewer)

willz121

People I've spoken to who watched it at home suggested that it was a close decision. I was in the ground in that corner, and I thought he was onside.

mattylad

100% onside but edge and clarke had the defender between them and to be fair the lino just couldn't see him

Cooksta94

From in the ground i couldn't tell because i was in Block 19 but on the TV Edge and Clark looked miles offside until a Preston player emerged from infront of Clarke! Probably a mistake by the linesman but it was a tough decision either way

ashbyjan

Looking at TV when I got home (and had thawed out) he was level with the defender but Clarkes winner was offside but who cares we won and are one step closer to Wembley

torchomatic

We were in line with the six yard box and Edge's goal looked OK to me. How many has be had disallowed now? It must be a few.

MatthewWallis

He was onside, Clarke I think was standing right in front of defender so the linesman probably couldn't see him but Clarkes winner was offside so they balance each other out :D

Eaxctly, i dont care if it comes off of Leon Clarke's arse, as long as it goes into the back of the net. I've nevr gone so mad at a cov game before. Plus, the fact that all of the Preston fans and their tw*t of a manager all shut up after that goal went it just makes it all the more sweet.

Onside.. Edge was onside.. no doubt about it....
Linesman both villain and hero in equal measure last night?:claping hands:

I know this sounds weird but im actually glad the goal was disalowed, cus if it was a goal, we wouldnt have had that dramtic finale. It would have gone to pens and even thought we probs would have won, i still prefer the 2 last minute goals as it was absoloutleyn mad, my favourite footballing moment EVER!

Skybluecj

I thought he was onside, but the linesman had his flag up before the ball hit the net, could have been a different story if it went in though. End of the day, 2 goals scored after and the passion of the team is coming through and it showed, all that matters is we won and like the PNE manager said, at the end of 90 mins we deserved to be in front

ohitsaidwalker king power

I know this sounds weird but im actually glad the goal was disalowed, cus if it was a goal, we wouldnt have had that dramtic finale. It would have gone to pens and even thought we probs would have won, i still prefer the 2 last minute goals as it was absoloutleyn mad, my favourite footballing moment EVER!

That'll be your young nerves.....:claping hands:
For me I'm afraid I was a jibbering wreck!!!

ohitsaidwalker king power

I thought he was onside, but the linesman had his flag up before the ball hit the net, could have been a different story if it went in though. End of the day, 2 goals scored after and the passion of the team is coming through and it showed, all that matters is we won and like the PNE manager said, at the end of 90 mins we deserved to be in front

Did he say that....? :confused: sounds very unlike him?

Users who are viewing this thread