Eccles (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

It’s regularly proven, on an almost weekly/daily basis, that i know fuck all about football…despite my conviction that I know it all. however, I remember seeing Jeccles come on vs Southend at St. Andrews - first game of the season a few years back (possibly his debut?) - and turning to the person next to me and saying “fuck me. He looks really good”.

I stand by my initial assessment.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Very tidy player. He’s been superb as an understudy at right back, but it’s clear he’s not a right back. His inability to beat a man means our attack is stifled. That said, it’s not his position and he wasn’t out of place against a premier league side out of position today. Huge credit to him. I hope we get to see more of him for the rest of this season in his natural role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

It’s regularly proven, on an almost weekly/daily basis, that i know fuck all about football…despite my conviction that I know it all. however, I remember seeing Jeccles come on vs Southend at St. Andrews - first game of the season a few years back (possibly his debut?) - and turning to the person next to me and saying “fuck me. He looks really good”.

I stand by my initial assessment.
Must have missed this Jeccles character 😁

PVA

I said he looked quality in his first few games in League One, you can just tell straightaway with some players.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wonder if Hamer ended up getting sold if MR might give Eccles a chance next to Sheaf?

shmmeee

He’s a tidy player but he’s not close to Hamer yet. A lot harder playing CM than WB too as Shippers has repeatedly shown.

definitely good enough to be our main backup though, and let Kelly go. I’d still like to see us bring in someone to challenge Hamer.

Terry_dactyl

He’s a tidy player but he’s not close to Hamer yet. A lot harder playing CM than WB too as Shippers has repeatedly shown.

definitely good enough to be our main backup though, and let Kelly go. I’d still like to see us bring in someone to challenge Hamer.
I know it’s not a particularly good example but did he not play CM vs Millwall last year…and dominate things?

SBT

He’s such a tidy and composed player. He was given pretty much free rein in the first half yesterday because their young LWB didn’t seem to have a clue, but it was still impressive how much he got involved in an unfamiliar position. I think we played four different wing backs yesterday and he was easily the best of the lot. He faded quickly in the second half when Walker-Peters came on and he actually had some defending to do. But I think he’s a fantastic talent, and I hope he gets a crack in CM soon.

Blind-Faith

As someone else said, you could tell from his first appearance he’s got something about him, neat and tidy footballer whose got a good habit of being in the right place.

Definitely ready for Kelly to move on and him step up as next in line for CM.

The way it’s going at the moment I’m starting to worry more about keeping hold of Sheaf than Hamer

clint van damme

As someone else said, you could tell from his first appearance he’s got something about him, neat and tidy footballer whose got a good habit of being in the right place.

Definitely ready for Kelly to move on and him step up as next in line for CM.

The way it’s going at the moment I’m starting to worry more about keeping hold of Sheaf than Hamer

If we do have to cash in on player Hamer would be my preference. I like him but think O'Hare, Vik or Sheaf would be bigger losses.

skybluegod

Robins has repeatedly said that he has immense potential but it's up to him really how far he can go. He's a very laid back bloke, so it's just up Robins and also Josh himself to really make sure he pushes on.

djr8369

Very impressed so far but would like to see him get a bit more time at CM at this level before we get too excited.

looking forward to seeing how Howley develops as well.

long way home

Nothing to dislike about Eccles as a player he will only get better with experience, will play a massive part of the squad going forward. His game suits our style of play and his ability to play in multiple positions brings added depth to the squad. MR knows what he has with this lad and will be looking at extending his contract come summer.

Be a good battle come summer with some of the younger players trying to force themselves into MR plans.

Users who are viewing this thread