Eccles (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Without hyping the young lad up too much, I think he could go on to become a very important player for us next season and beyond.

Thoughts on Eccles from what you have seen of him so far?

RFC

Without hyping the young lad up too much, I think he could go on to become a very important player for us next season and beyond.

Thoughts on Eccles from what you have seen of him so far?

Followed his progress along with Jack Burroughs up until ‘lockdown’, and expect them to breakthrough next season along with a couple of others.

cov donkey kick

Think he's the next big talent from our acedemy and can see him a regular first teamer next season.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think he's the next big talent from our acedemy and can see him a regular first reamer next season.

giphy.gif

Frostie

Always been a confident lad & it shows. Did everything we could ask of him & more - lad has a bright future.

larry_david

Bossed the game against Gillingham at the start of the season. No surprise they took him the next day.

Proves what a good loan can do as well. He looks a real prospect and I think he can become a good player for us.

larry_david

“Josh played three positions today, he’s versatile, if he gets some intensity and drive in his game there will be no stopping him, that’s easier said than done, he’s laid back which is his personality which is a good thing at times but he needs that little bit extra drive.

“Quality wise, I don’t think I’ve got a better player there, he’s outstanding, really calm on the ball and athletic, Jack is the same, he’s growing in stature, athletically he’s outstanding, he still needs to tidy up a little bit on the ball.”

Terry_dactyl

“Josh played three positions today, he’s versatile, if he gets some intensity and drive in his game there will be no stopping him, that’s easier said than done, he’s laid back which is his personality which is a good thing at times but he needs that little bit extra drive.

“Quality wise, I don’t think I’ve got a better player there, he’s outstanding, really calm on the ball and athletic, Jack is the same, he’s growing in stature, athletically he’s outstanding, he still needs to tidy up a little bit on the ball.”
Bodes well. First time I’ve seen Burroughs. Looks a prospect also.

Hobo

Looks like he can be a good squad option next year and his versatility is a bonus.

Burroughs did okay too.

Mucca Mad Boys

Bodes well. First time I’ve seen Burroughs. Looks a prospect also.

Burroughs looked good after a somewhat jittery start with some poor clearances. But, today was the perfect game for them because Millwall were not good at all and the young players performed well.

fatso

Eccles has really shown he can be trusted to do a job, he's definitely got himself a place on the bench, and will be pushing those who start for their place.
His versatility is a real bonus.

SBAndy

Get him out on a season long loan if we can. This is the stage where he is likely to be a nailed-on starter at a lower level.

Winny the Bish

Eccles looks better than I expected. Hope he gets more game-time next season but could have a lot of competition if we sign Sheaf and James permanently.
Burroughs is an athletic freak. Must be at least 6'3, already looks pretty strong and has blistering pace. Also two-footed.

SBAndy

Burroughs is an athletic freak. Must be at least 6'3, already looks pretty strong and has blistering pace. Also two-footed.

Is this from when you’ve seen youth games? Didn’t seem to display too much today, is all. Not saying it’s not true, of course, but saw little evidence on today’s showing.

Yorkshire SB

Haven’t seen enough of him really. Unless he’s going to get a lot of minutes next season then another loan could be good for him. He’s 21 now and can’t afford to be sat on the bench too often.

Winny the Bish

Is this from when you’ve seen youth games? Didn’t seem to display too much today, is all. Not saying it’s not true, of course, but saw little evidence on today’s showing.
Yeah that’s based on academy, Scotland youth, and his loan at Gloucester there’s highlights of on YouTube.

slowpoke

Good player, over six foot aswell as is Jack Burroughs and Ben Sheaf, good big ones beat good little ones.

Users who are viewing this thread