Eccles (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Would have been happy for that performance from him in League 1 being thrown in at RWB so even better in the Championship.

Potentially saved a goal and could have set a couple up too with decent crosses.

I know it is only 1 game but much more effective than DaCosta.

cov donkey kick

Boy what a difference with a player who was in the wing back position who did defensively and Offensively the job as per instructions is something decosta should watch the whole performance he would learn a lot.
The boy eccles looks a talent he Will only get better.

Magwitch1

Boy what a difference with a player who was in the wing back position who did defensively and Offensively the job as per instructions is something decosta should watch the whole performance he would learn a lot.
The boy eccles looks a talent he Will only get better.
I remember things like this being said of Jordan Shipley three years ago, let’s see what is said after young Eccles has his first below part performance.

Hobo

He had a very good game today. He has increased his chances of being picked because that good game was out of position.

covcity4life

A good game but will not get carried away. RWB a big position and need to see more games to know if it will stick or not for him

rob9872

Tbh I didn't think he was great today apart from a decent cross, on the ballk poor at times, but out of his usual position, worked hard and certainly did enough for a first start to keep his place.

Hertsccfc

Tbh I didn't think he was great today apart from a decent cross, on the ballk poor at times, but out of his usual position, worked hard and certainly did enough for a first start to keep his place.
I agree. I think he looks a really good player but this is not his position

CCFCBat

Did you watch the game, Bristol did nothing down that side. So where was he poor. I worried less him there than Dacosta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

Didn’t look out of place, he can certainly be proud of that performance. 2 outstanding crosses, battled well.

pusbccfc

Throwing a young lad with a lot to prove into the business end of the season can be effective.

Sometimes players become safe in the knowledge they are a key man. Take Hamer. We all know he's gifted, but he doesn't have that spark he had at the start when he had everything to prove.

Will be interesting to see what Eccles does if he has 3 or 4 more games.

hill83

Thought he looked good.

As for Hamer mentioned above, he can swivel now. Doesn’t want it.

Adge

Very good performance from him-hope he can maintain it if he is required in that position before the end of the season. On that display much the better option than DaCosta.

Nick

Administrator
What about stopping a goal?

SBAndy

Pretty much as I saw it. Let’s not go overboard as it sets expectations far too high. He did ok out of position and was fairly reliable, which his immediate competition isn’t.

rob9872

Did you watch the game, Bristol did nothing down that side. So where was he poor. I worried less him there than Dacosta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I prefer to base my opinions from other people on here watching the match.

I didn't say he was poor defensively, I said on the ball with the exception of the cross. If you didn't see that, I question if you watched it.

I also said he did well enough to keep his place, particularly over Dacosta. Selective quoting without reading rarely gives the full picture.

Grendel

Pretty much as I saw it. Let’s not go overboard as it sets expectations far too high. He did ok out of position and was fairly reliable, which his immediate competition isn’t.

Well yes replacing decosta is like Lee burge replacing Ronnie Corbett but he was thrown in at the deep end and held his ground well

shmmeee

No, I prefer to base my opinions from other people on here watching the match.

I didn't say he was poor defensively, I said on the ball with the exception of the cross. If you didn't see that, I question if you watched it.

I also said he did well enough to keep his place, particularly over Dacosta. Selective quoting without reading rarely gives the full picture.

I thought he played a couple of very smart balls TBF. Running at players obviously isn’t his strength and neither is strength his strength yet, but I reckon he’d do well in the middle of the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread