Eccles Recalled (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think Robins recalled Eccles for extra cover and that he clearly sees eccles in his plans for the future so he will likely feature on the bench as a back up along with sheaf and Shippley but if he goes out on loan again I will be surprised as we recalled him from a team that he was playing a decent amount of games the only reason I can think of is to send him to a better team which will play him that is if we do loan him back out which I don’t think will happen

Garryb80

He can play for us in the Cup. Unlike James who wasn’t signed a week before the cup tie.

I suspect it’s a sign that we will field a back up team on Saturday and if the DM article is correct he may get a second loan later in the month.
Eccles can't have another loan this season. Already played for both us and Gillingham. As long as James is signed by tomorrow at 12 he is eligible which if course he is

Frostie

He can play for us in the Cup. Unlike James who wasn’t signed a week before the cup tie.

I suspect it’s a sign that we will field a back up team on Saturday and if the DM article is correct he may get a second loan later in the month.

Club have confirmed James is available for Saturday

JimmyHillsbeard

Club have confirmed James is available for Saturday

My mistake he is eligible. Apologies.
Do we have any further information on whether the Daily Mail article suggesting the suspension of the can’t play for three clubs in a single season rule is accurate?

Frostie

My mistake he is eligible. Apologies.
Do we have any further information on whether the Daily Mail article suggesting the suspension of the can’t play for three clubs in a single season rule is accurate?

I think the Daily Mail were wrong (shock, horror). It's contradicted by both the FIFA & EFL websites.

steve101

With the amount of injuries and potential illnesses it makes sense to have someone like Eccles on the bench. He can play in a few positions too. As someone mentioned earlier it would be a great opportunity to be around James as part of his development.

PVA

The midfielder that we (Baka, was it?) knobbled in the cup game and they signed Eccles to replace has just returned to full training, so maybe MR thinks (or has been told) that Eccles will get less game time when O'Keefe returns for Gills.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Robins is looking to send Eccles back on loan again if possible.

Unless he's somehow unaware of the current regulations I presume that means the rules have been temporarily amended and players are now permitted to play for 3 clubs in a season.

A couple of 'if possibles' in there though so slightly ambiguous.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd have thought Eccles will be back-up for most of this month just in case then go out on loan again at the end of the window.

Users who are viewing this thread