Eccles Recalled (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Wonder if he is lined up to go somewhere else or if we will be playing him?

christonabike

Just thought the same! He seems to be getting games maybe someone has come in for him.

PVA

When Kelly got injured I thought we'd recall Eccles to cover him, with the assumption that we weren't going to sign anyone.

If we sign Matty James then Eccles must be going elsewhere, because it would be strange to recall him only for him to be behind Sheaf, Hamer and James (and Kelly in a couple of months)

SBT

4sri6h.jpg

Frostie

If we sign Matty James then Eccles must be going elsewhere, because it would be strange to recall him only for him to be behind Sheaf, Hamer and James (and Kelly in a couple of months)

Can't play for anyone else I don't think as he's already played for us & Gillingham.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Frostie

Seems there's been a temporary rule change this season to avoid any concerns regarding unemployed players.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I know it was brought in for the end of 2019/20 but Daily Mail seems like the only source claiming it's for 2020/21 too. 🤔

EFL say not:
Screenshot_20210106-163347~2.png

Terry Gibson's perm

Maybe they want Eccles in the building to watch James at work for a few weeks then get him back out to another club as we pay all of his wages there would be a few wanting him I would think

fernandopartridge

Robins said this in December :

“He started off really well and had a breather. He had some family stuff he had to take care of and then he was back involved, but he has been in and out so we will look at that moving forward, see how many games he plays and then address that in January.”

Not really anything to see here, he's come back because he isn't playing enough. Robins I guess will look to loan him out elsewhere

Frostie

Robins said this in December :

“He started off really well and had a breather. He had some family stuff he had to take care of and then he was back involved, but he has been in and out so we will look at that moving forward, see how many games he plays and then address that in January.”

Not really anything to see here, he's come back because he isn't playing enough. Robins I guess will look to loan him out elsewhere

He started every game for Gillingham since that interview though

Liquid Gold

Maybe MR just rang up Evans and using his squeakiest voice telling him that he just wants to fuck up his plans.

Hobo

With potential of all the wheeling and dealing we might see him as useful on the bench? Other thought is if Pask goes out and MacCallum recalled do we see him as potential wing back full back cover ?

larry_david

I imagine Eccles will be a bench player now then unless he's lined lined up elsewhere. He's started the last 4 games so odd to recall him though to sit on the bench.

Assume some outs are happening

SkyBlueCharlie9

Eccles was on the bench for Gills in FA cup first round match but didnt come on. No idea if that effects whether he can play Saturday!

JimmyHillsbeard

Eccles was on the bench for Gills in FA cup first round match but didnt come on. No idea if that effects whether he can play Saturday!

He can play for us in the Cup. Unlike James who wasn’t signed a week before the cup tie.

I suspect it’s a sign that we will field a back up team on Saturday and if the DM article is correct he may get a second loan later in the month.

Users who are viewing this thread