Ebosele (1 Viewer)

Deity

Tore Dabo apart all match …. No end product but that level of pace and directness is one of the missing dimensions in our team.

long standing city fans will remember that sometimes you can create problems for teams just through raw pace ….

The Bobby Gould team of Quinn and Rosario had a front too that lacked pace but with John Williams, Gallagher, Etc flying down the wing it didn’t matter.

Our current formation requires that pace either at wing back or up front. I’ve not seen Tavares yet but the our other options don’t have that raw pace.

the way we dominate the ball id love to see us having a really quick attacking player to run at defences in the last 25 mins as their legs start to tire.

The Philosopher

100% agree. Pace and power in the team adds so many more dimensions.

Eg.

Opponents have a corner. They decide who to push forward. Big central defenders with aerial threat - do they go forward? If we have, say, Godden standing on the centre circle, do they keep 1 or 2 back? 1 back means 1 more forward in the box for them.

If we have a really pacy difficult player who has a bit of strength to win the break out ball, would the opponents push so many up? Obviously not.

This is one of the issues of having 2 “10’s” (Walker, Godden) on the pitch at the same time. Neither is a defensive asset on set plays, neither has the breakaway ability.

Stats won’t really back this up I guess.

Invariably by having a break threat the opponents will leave 2 back and have less threat in set pieces but reduce the chance of the breakaway goal. Difficult to prove but common sense and stats don’t always go hand in hand.

A younger Waghorn may have been a good option, failing that we need to find some raw athletic talent from the lower leagues and develop.

Just my thoughts.

JonesBob

The lad was amazing because he not only has speed but can also dribble with the ball and even at 19 has the power to hold off players. He is an Irish international, so is going to be around for along time. I would have thought Rooney would be ideal for him as a manager and coach because he was the same at that age but actually I think he slowed down in the second half. he also looks like he has a temper on him. Our style of play with 3 at the back and wingbacks doesn't really allow for that type of player in the team. He will go far.

Legia Sky Blue

While Ebosele plainly has talent I think the way we set up made him look better than he probably is. Dabo continued to go too tight on him allowing the kick and run behind, knowing he had the legs on Dabo every time. Dabo himself wasn't helped by his team mates who should have backed him up better when it was obvious what was happening. Luckily Ebosele's end product was lacking and that appeared to be his weakness. If he sorts that out then yes he could be some player though.

On the wider point of quick players I remember Clough having Franz Carr at Forest who was super fast but unfortunately for a winger couldn't cross. He did of course occasionally cause chaos but Clough still preferred Gary Crosby over him most of the time. We also had Ashley Cain for a short period who was really super fast. Great athlete but not really a footballer

NortonSkyBlue

Bad day at the office for Dabo but he stuck at it. Ebosele looks a fine prospect but his end product was weak, although he did force a good save from Wilson.

larry_david

What I don’t get is what age does Tavares have to be before he has a runout He sounds like he has pace so why keep him back, plenty of other sides have youngsters playing for them
He needs a loan. Holding him back for u23s is useless now surely. Cardiff I think have just loaned their u23s top scorer to Northampton who are in a title challenge. That's the sort of move Tav now needs.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not the worst call. I expect Derby are not at that stage yet whilst there is still a chance of staying up.

I don't think his ability will have gone unnoticed at more wealthy clubs than ours. He will be £5m upwards, I reckon.

FulltimeWum

I still fail to understand how people think Derby have a chance of staying up. They've been on the run of their lives and still over 10 points behind and with two extra games played.

higgs

They must be in a bad way financially ud imagine now is the time to poach a few players before a takeover happens

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

I still fail to understand how people think Derby have a chance of staying up. They've been on the run of their lives and still over 10 points behind and with two extra games played.

Next 2 games - home to Sheff Utd and away at Forest would just about shut the door, or offer hope. Think they have done remarkably well, all things considered - apparently they're in talks about getting a £20m Man Utd winger, Diallo in on loan (previously touted for Blues, but has turned them down) A favour for Rooney from Man U?

Sky Blue Harry H

They must be in a bad way financially ud imagine now is the time to poach a few players before a takeover happens

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There will be loads of clubs thinking the same, but the administrators have already turned down 2 bids for players. - won't be going cheaply, especially when there are a number of interested parties.

Users who are viewing this thread