Ebay scammer - CCFC shirts (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Someone on ebay selling City shirts from Aberdeen. I know times are hard but they're £25 and have sold 17 to date. That's 17 shirts that could have gone to help the club and the saving not that great (it is perhaps v £47 but there's been 20% off in the club shop for the past few days - finishes tonight if you're quick). One of the comments was neutral and said poor quality so definitely a risk, but makes you wonder how they got hold of them and if they are official.

A risk for anyone purchasing that it's not a scam too as has only a feedback rating of 2 so possibly take the money and run leaving a few disappointed face at Christmas, which if they weren't City fans I'd say serves them right.

Would be nice if the club had the resource to scan for things and could close them down or threaten legal action but that's even more difficult being Scotland as most of our laws only cover England and Wales.

Tossers!

Fergusons_Beard

1e2a95b501fcdf44e4a76946a5f14b05.jpg

Looking for those shirts I found these....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SlowerThanPlatt

DH gate is a Chinese website selling counterfeit items. The person would be buying them for £12 in bulk and selling them on for £25

rob9872

Even worse that they're making money on the back of us. I could kind of understand in hard times someone taking a punt at £11-12 but assume that's just for bulk buy, however if you're taking a chance at £25 when you could buy the genuine article and help the club at £37 then the risk doesn't really outweigh the reward.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Someone on ebay selling City shirts from Aberdeen. I know times are hard but they're £25 and have sold 17 to date. That's 17 shirts that could have gone to help the club and the saving not that great (it is perhaps v £47 but there's been 20% off in the club shop for the past few days - finishes tonight if you're quick). One of the comments was neutral and said poor quality so definitely a risk, but makes you wonder how they got hold of them and if they are official.

A risk for anyone purchasing that it's not a scam too as has only a feedback rating of 2 so possibly take the money and run leaving a few disappointed face at Christmas, which if they weren't City fans I'd say serves them right.

Would be nice if the club had the resource to scan for things and could close them down or threaten legal action but that's even more difficult being Scotland as most of our laws only cover England and Wales.

Tossers!
You sure copyright law isn’t UK wide? Should report it to the club just in case, they could send a cease and desist or copyright infringement letter.

Bugsy

Does that mean we are big time again if they are selling fakes on Aliexpress?

When the lockdown is over we had best have shirts for sale in holiday resorts, used to love me a fake Ajax shirt with Kluivert on.

Imagine picking a city top up with Bakayoko on the back in spain 😂

no_loyalty

A few lads at work have purchased counterfeit Liverpool shirts from China, I guess it’s the same website.

Alkhen

Not interested....

Mad really, they have done the hard parts but made all the really easy mistakes. It's not like it's a stock template the can just rebadge. They actually had to put some effort in. Just odd they slacked on weird bits

Does make me wonder why they bother faking lower league teams shirts, can't be much money in it.

shepardo01

Mad really, they have done the hard parts but made all the really easy mistakes. It's not like it's a stock template the can just rebadge. They actually had to put some effort in. Just odd they slacked on weird bits

Does make me wonder why they bother faking lower league teams shirts, can't be much money in it.
Ebay weren't interested.
People will buy - if they are cheap Chinese, say £5 production, even that seller on ebay, selling 30 shirts has made approximately £600

People flogging them (plus other knock-offs by the bucketload!) on Facebook too.

Ultimately costing the club lost revenue....

Alkhen

Ebay weren't interested.
People will buy - if they are cheap Chinese, say £5 production, even that seller on ebay, selling 30 shirts has made approximately £600

People flogging them (plus other knock-offs by the bucketload!) on Facebook too.

Ultimately costing the club lost revenue....

No doubt screws the club out of revenue. Still recon the return on the effort from the knock off merchants must be minimal. I can see how it works for prem teams with massive followings but our supporter pool is tiny

Last edited:

no_loyalty

No doubt screws the club out of revenue. Still recon the effort for the knock off merchants must be minimal. I can see how it works for prem teams with massive followings but our supporter pool is tiny

How dare you, we are a massive club 😂

Users who are viewing this thread