Eastwood (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

How do people feel about Eastwood. I personally am really pissed off with him.
Mick Mcarthy knew what he was doing when he got rid.
He is possibly the most naturally talented player in our squad
If the suggestions are true he is the clubs highest earner
He is now classed as a senior pro.
He is contributing least to the cause and taking the most when we cant afford to give it.
We need him busting a gut giving us everything, earning his crust setting an example to the youngsters like Cantona did at United.
The club paid for him to go on a special fitness trip and he wasted it
I think he is a waster and I think some people on here should direct their disgust towards him insted of those who have less skill but actually can be bothered to step onto the pitch and try their best even if it proving not to be good enough.

johnwillomagic

Definitely not done what he had the capability to do which is a shame.
Was his lack of fitness shocking - Yes but not convinced this was the whole story tbh.

Has Thorn let himself down by not bringing him on for longer for at least the last two or three games? Undoubtedly shown with this decison making his inexperience or his lack of true managerial ability!

Should he be offered a new contract? Probably not
Should we at least utilise him from bench a lot more than we have done? Undoubtedly

Grendel

How do people feel about Eastwood. I personally am really pissed off with him.
Mick Mcarthy knew what he was doing when he got rid.
He is possibly the most naturally talented player in our squad
If the suggestions are true he is the clubs highest earner
He is now classed as a senior pro.
He is contributing least to the cause and taking the most when we cant afford to give it.
We need him busting a gut giving us everything, earning his crust setting an example to the youngsters like Cantona did at United.
The club paid for him to go on a special fitness trip and he wasted it
I think he is a waster and I think some people on here should direct their disgust towards him insted of those who have less skill but actually can be bothered to step onto the pitch and try their best even if it proving not to be good enough.

Other than the naturally talented comment I agree

johnwillomagic

How can he contibute currently if Thorn does not start him in xi.....or bring him on from the bench for more than 2 minutes though in fairness? :facepalm:

dongonzalos

I am led to believe that Thorn wants effort in training and people to try and reach certain fitness levels and show the right attitude in training before they are picked. Eastwood apparently has not been doing that so if he was picked from the start then Thorn would be a bad manager. Eastwood needs to try before he gets picked from the start he cant be arsed and we the fan suffer. He is our Winston bogarde. Such a shame

Mr T - Sukka!

Which planet do some people live on? I have heard a few times people say he is the most naturally talented player we have.

Where is the evidence of this? What is the natural talent? Is is shooting? Goal scoring? Please tell us!

As far as we know and have been told he is a fat, lazy, idle, sponger who is draining the club when it needs men to be standed up and counted.
Not at some boozer or bookies!

flashgary

And im sure most of us on here would give our right arm to have half his talent. Cant wait for him to sod off personally

ccfcrob

Who was the last player to score a hat trick for us that would be him he should start especially when we play 3 games in a week cos platt looks knackered on a tuesday after said would start freddie and bring platt on with 20 mins to go at least he gives us something different

skybluegod

i like him lots of you wont agree but he has talent but when ever he was in form he was dropped with previous managers and i think he could help with the run in. With platt getting tired eastwood might have to start.

Should we offer him a new contract? yes but as pay as you play one as he will be very good in league 1 im0

canleykid

He clearly doesn't want to be here so we should play him to piss him off,as for natural talent I think if he was that good he would've been sold by sisu that fact he's here tells me he clearly isn't the player some people think he is

ashbyjan

Eastwood is on very good wages at City, better than he could get anywhere else based on his recent performances and the types of club that would take a punt on him so he is happy to just sit out the remainder of his contract here. He has no desire to play football, his major interest and income stream is the breeding and selling of ponies within the traveller community. The club cannot terminate his contract as he never misses training just does the bare minimum to keep within the terms of his employment. Thorn simply cannot trust him as he just doesn't want to play football, doesn't care about the fans but is happy to take the money.

Yes he does have some talent but he is currently over weight and basically unfit to play football as anyone who saw him lumbering about the pitch for the final couple of minutes of the Forest debacle would testify. He is only on the bench as an emergency but AT certainly wouldn't trust him to start a game and contribute meaningfully. The guy is a sponger and the sooner we are rid of him the better.

slyblue57

Not sure about freddy. Was a big fan of his, but agree he may have let us down.
However, do nt really know as all we do know is he s not fit according to Andy Thorn.
Well Thorns says we play well every game his tactics are great and alls right with
the world. I d like to see Freddy actually play some games, a non fit Freddy or a fully
fit Baker. I know which I d rather be gven a chance. If he can nt run, chase after 20 minutes
we ll all know the truth. He certainly can nt get match fit if he does nt get a game can he?

Astute

What manager has Fat Freddie done well for since leaving Southend? Been a fair few managers as well.

operationprem

To be fair Freddy did look big when he came on at forest, sit high up at the ricoh so never really noticed before he's obviously not fit. He's had nothing but support from the city fans the whole time he's been here but does he really deserve it if still over weight in febuary!

mark82

To be fair Freddy did look big when he came on at forest, sit high up at the ricoh so never really noticed before he's obviously not fit. He's had nothing but support from the city fans the whole time he's been here but does he really deserve it if still over weight in febuary!

Maybe he needs a bit of time working with our fitness coach to get him back in shape?

Oh wait........we don't have one.

For what it's worth I was watching a documentary last year concerning the annual Appleby Horse Fair in Westmorland Cumbria - I believe it was in the second week of June with the fair lasting for just one week.

The cameras focussed on the horse trading, the horse "bathing" in the local river and interviews with local residents and visiting travellers.

Then the camera entered one of the local traveller friendly pubs full of beer swilling, ribald jokes and singing - all good fun.

Suddenly the camera panned to the back of the bar and there in all his splendour was the one and only F. Eastwood notably nursing a pint of very clear liquid in his hands whilst all around were awash with foaming glasses of bitter/lager etc.

I must say our Freddie looked slim and fit and was clearly not breaching any dietary discipline with what apperared to be a pint of H2O - so where did it all go wrong ???

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Yep i saw that ha

The fella was singing a song for aggggesss then they all went mad for it and he was sat on a table!

CJparker

Why should he be in the side ahead of Cody?? Similar levels of ability but at least Cody tries, as did ROD

Mary_Mungo_Midge

How can anyone seriously be calling for Eastwood to start on Saturday and play for 90 minutes??

Have you been to any games? Do the Biblical proportions of the man not come across on the radio? He makes Micky Quinn at his prime look like Lorraine Chase.

Do you really and truly think through what you've going to post before sharing your 'wisdom' with the world?

J

Jack Griffin

Is there a possibility Fredy will not make the bench Saturday?

Dunn, Thomas||Clingan, Bell, MacDonald, Willis

How can anyone seriously be calling for Eastwood to start on Saturday and play for 90 minutes??

Have you been to any games? Do the Biblical proportions of the man not come across on the radio? He makes Micky Quinn at his prime look like Lorraine Chase.

Do you really and truly think through what you've going to post before sharing your 'wisdom' with the world?

Not sure whether your referring to me in particular or others in general but yes I do think things through suffice to encourage banter, response and open debate to my usual threads/posts which surely is what SBT is all about - hence your "response".

I don't profess to have "wisdom" but many years (47 and counting) of watching my beloved CCFC through the highs and lows and I can draw on experiences from that and encourage fellow SBT's to participate - not a crime is it ???

My support for FE to make the game against Barnsley this Saturday is simply because of the lack of availability in the squad and IF chosen he should play up front as an orthodox central striker and not to be wandering all over the place as was the Juke most of the time. If he doesn't perform bring him off - just give him a chance.

Here's hoping free speech prevails

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread