Eastwood a complete flop (1 Viewer)

les_miserables

Freddie Eastwood has been a complete flop almost from day one. Bought for an apparent £1.2million and put on a 4 year contract, his return has been awful. A complete flop at Wolves yet manager at the time Chris Coleman still seemed fit to pay for us a monstrous fee. I suspect due to that fee, ex-premiership player and length of contract Eastwood will be our highest paid player. Still surprisingly popular with supporters when others who give their best get stick.
You can almost forgive SISU when looking at that deal for saying you're not having any more of our money.

Last edited:
Wow yet another thread about Eastwood were the other two not good enough for you to contribute?

See item 4. of the site usage policy:-

4. All discussion forum messages must contribute new ideas, and must not repeat previously posted material.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

That's what Freddy said. We should loan you out to Bedworth United fans forums http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/bedworthunited/forum/

Ah, so they finally got themselves a working website? They were a nightmare when I was trying to update them for my expanded Football Manager non-league mod last year, sod all info.

No wonder they're going well-Ian Roper as player coach? Too good for that level. Few ex-City in Tom Bates and Jamie Greenaway. This chap looks like a Clingan...http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/bedworthunited/s/players-coaches-33767.html?player_id=446462

The Reverend Skyblue

Les, i'm a big Freddy fan and i'm sure as i've said before, that given a run in the side with him playing up front and down the middle so he cant go hiding, in his favorite position and the position he played for Wolves, and the reason we bought him, he will come good.
I feel that previous managers have played him in the totally wrong position ,mostly out wide and to do that is silly and not fair on Freddy as no way is he a wideman as he has little pace, and the requirement to track back and cover is not him aswell.I don't think many of us would disagree that he's our most skillful player with a lovely first touch so lets play him when he's fit.
I'm not saying he's like these two before people berate me for comparing him to these, but he does have a little bit of there quality, both Le Tissier and Cantona were both lazy players but they made up for it with there skill which Freddy has, both in first touch and vision.Play him in the position we signed him for and give him 5/6 games and if he does'nt get injured he will be the player he was a few years ago.
Have Faith he will come good

The Rev

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Everytime he has been given a decent run he has got us goals.

Not bringing him on for 4 minutes in midfield when we are 3-0 down or something.

I still think there is some sort of hidden clause somewhere. If it was simply because he is too overweight and unfit, the club could just sack him! ;)

wingy

You do wonder ,either stage payments @x no appearances ,goals scored ,playing bonuses etc,wonder if any other current players who've signed new deals since march or when the new board took control,have any of those type of cluases,Turner, Clarke, Cameron.

J

Jack Griffin

I think it is fitness & attitude, why pay for special training if they were just going to offload him anyway. Both Coleman & Boothroyd made remarks about those issues, it has not come out of the blue!
I can't see there being any problem in telling him to seek a new club & not playing him, its not as if that would be an extrordinary move by the club, happens all the time in football.

Users who are viewing this thread