East Midlands Supporters Club (2 Viewers)

AVWskyblue

Actually in Castle Gresley - Arthur Street
It's a nice area to live Stan, for pubs round there you have the Drum and Monkey on the island bottom of Station St or the Mount Pleasant on Mt pleasant rd

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Stanh50

It's a nice area to live Stan, for pubs round there you have the Drum and Monkey on the island bottom of Station St or the Mount Pleasant on Mt pleasant rd

Cheers, AVW, but I'm teetotal- not sure how that happened but hey ho. Have done a few walks around there in the past and looking forward to moving there. I'm actually an away steward at the ricoh but still intend to carry on for rest of season then, if we're still around, will be looking to get season ticket for next year.

glamour76

I’m in Ullesthorpe near Lutterworth and there are at least 4 Cov supporting households here.

Keep the feedback coming, I potentially have a meeting in January with the club to look into this further.
Brilliant idea, there’s 4 of us from barwell

oucho

I was pleased by how many CCFC were at Newark getting the fast train down to Wembley for the Exeter game in May; there must be quite a number in the east Notts / west Lincoln area. Perhaps some kind of group in that area could attract members; although I suspect that people living so remotely from Cov without many other Cov fans in their towns wouldn't feel the need to join a fans group with a handful of other members. London and the more local groups like Juggy's are good because you have a critical mass of members of 50+ active ones, but you can't do much if there's just a couple of you or if everyone has to drive to meet, otherwise everyone will simply just drive to games in their own right. However if any East Midlands group is founded I would like the opportunity to be involved if feasible.

Lord_Nampil

i lived on the drum and monkey Estate for 6 years before moving to ashby great area to live in!!!

Tommo72

Very encouraging to see the response here, keep it coming.

I agree that the core of the group would definitely be from the South Leicestershire area and potentially the meeting hub would possibly have to be Hinckley, Lutterworth or similar.

Early days but the potential numbers and reaction seem positive for sure!

oucho

Skegness technically is

I was intrigued by this...it definitely is 100%, not just technically...in the same way that Leamington is technically/definitely in Warwickshire!!! Unless I've missed something?

Grendel

I was intrigued by this...it definitely is 100%, not just technically...in the same way that Leamington is technically/definitely in Warwickshire!!! Unless I've missed something?

To be classed in the Midlands I.e the middle of the land when you are actually by the sea is pretty absurd

CovInEssex

To be classed in the Midlands I.e the middle of the land when you are actually by the sea is pretty absurd

Historically, "the Midlands" is inbetween the North and the South. Nowadays you'd get a few funny looks if you're East of Camebridge (maybe?) and said you were from the Midlands.

Grendel

Historically, "the Midlands" is inbetween the North and the South. Nowadays you'd get a few funny looks if you're East of Camebridge (maybe?) and said you were from the Midlands.

I guess my point is the old area known as Mercia didn’t include it

Sky Blue Harry H

Good luck with this folk; these sort of clubs do a lot to cement our support, build networks and friendships. Good stuff, hope it works out.

oucho

Ah but if you view the court as 'north', 'middle', ''south", then it's clearly the middle. Maybe the likes of you and Tommo understand something different to me when the term 'East Midlands' is used, but to me it's the government definition i.e. the old counties of Lincs, Notts, Derbys, Leicestershire, etc. Counting.

lifeskyblue

East Midlands today (bbc local tv news) only covers Derbyshire, notts and Leicester with an occasional story as far as Grantham. No further into Lincolnshire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east_midlands_skyblue

Did anything ever come of this? I live in Ashby and following some discussion on another thread about people going alone to the game I thought it might be interesting to follow up! If not, if anyone from the Ashby area wanted to share lifts to the matches then let me know.

Tommo72

Did anything ever come of this? I live in Ashby and following some discussion on another thread about people going alone to the game I thought it might be interesting to follow up! If not, if anyone from the Ashby area wanted to share lifts to the matches then let me know.

I decided to put this on hold for a number of reasons - the commitment etc. I had initial exchanges with the club and they will support it. There is definitely the interest in this and certainly the numbers in the Lutterworth, Hinckley and surrounding areas.

east_midlands_skyblue

I've contacted the club about the prospect of founding a Leicestershire Supporter's Club... think the East Midlands is just too large a region to be successful in reality and Leicestershire is likely to have the highest concentration of fans. Obviously anyone would be welcome to be a member even if living out of Leicestershire as long as they are a city fan.

I will see what their response is and share when I know more, but hopefully the club will support it. I'm happy to try and organise it initially but if anyone wanted to help / take over the reins on getting this going then please let me know. I've no intention of becoming the new Juggy.

Ricketts

I play my golf generally at Ullesthorpe.
That was the first club that I was a member of, but stopped when they started building a hotel. (30 years ago?)

Now at West Midlands if you fancy a game. Bandit handicap though, I havent played for 30 years.

east_midlands_skyblue

Hi all. I've got a meeting with the club on Thursday of this week to discuss the formation of the Leicestershire branch in more detail. I'm looking for people who would like to be involved in some way with the running of things... please let me know if you want to be involved or have ideas on what you'd want the branch to offer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hi all. I've got a meeting with the club on Thursday of this week to discuss the formation of the Leicestershire branch in more detail. I'm looking for people who would like to be involved in some way with the running of things... please let me know if you want to be involved or have ideas on what you'd want the branch to offer.
Good luck with this. Hope you get it up and running ok. With all these supporters clubs setting up, we're going to have to increase the squad size to enable the visits in the evenings (at least it keeps the players out of mischief!)

CovInEssex

Good luck with this. Hope you get it up and running ok. With all these supporters clubs setting up, we're going to have to increase the squad size to enable the visits in the evenings (at least it keeps the players out of mischief!)

I'm not a huge fan of these player appearances. Once you've seen one you've seen them all. Suppose it's a good way to get people through the door but some groups seem to be depending on them (Bed&Nun)

Loughborough Sky Blue

In addition to the Leics group linked to above, there was an East Midlands group set up, and we had our first get together a couple of weeks ago (hope they don't mind me posting a picture below).

The plan is to meet up every month or 2 and rotate around the counties to accommodate all east midlands members, with the possibility of current/former players coming along. We all had a good laugh on the first night, and are planning more, including a Christmas meeting.

70537853_10158765862517388_6742074777466306560_n.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

Might sound simplistic, but one real benefit of these events is creating a bond between supporters and players (for instance Jordan Shipley knows the supporters group has a real affection for him; he consequently gives a lot of his (free) time back. Win/win. (Or should that be WDWDWDW!)

GaryJones

I sometimes buy Walkers Crisps and they are made in Leicester!

Users who are viewing this thread