Early Bird/ Cashflow (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

Quotes from Smuthwaite regarding Nuneaton confirms he has no contact with CCFC.

Ricoh row: Sky Blues' Nuneaton Boro rumours addressed

The article is worth reading as his thoughts cover quite a lot of ground.

I wouldn't trust what NS says in the press whatsoever. IF the club has approached him I'd hedge my bets they'd ask him to sign an NDA due to his history of being outspoken in the media.

Captain Dart

He’s also advising City to sell Ryton and buy Nuneaton for our training facilities, what the hell about Nuneaton Town FC??
a) trying to offload Liberty Way
b) trying to give SISU the land to build a new stadium
c) don't know

Last edited:

Speedies_Chips

I had hoped that the title of this thread was a suggestion about how to get the attention of Sisu by withholding cash for the early bird deals until the last moment. But not having a club or home in the city probably means that there won't be early bird deals anyway.
I had hope that having players on more than one year contracts would signify that we still intended to be trading.
I had hoped we would have been inspired by Port Vale fans demo, the Blackpool example and by some ideas that allowed us to express our frustration/fear without breaking the law yet pushing the boundaries. It seems we don't roll that way and that, as we count down the clock, we are waiting for Wasps/Sisu to blink first.
I had hoped and do hope that the trust are trying to persuade Wasps to extend and that all parties including the Hoffman/Stevens consortium are trying to unblock the impasse.
What I do find strange, bizarre, is that this particular group of fans are devoid of anything resembling anything that it feels we can stand behind. Suggestions:
  1. Buy a big banner stating "down with this sort of thing" , a Tifo like the Sala one at Cardiff to displayed at all games until the end of the season
  2. Crowd funding for billboards around the city and anything else that needed money
  3. Ideas for non game time disruption(I agree that the team shouldn't be hampered by invasions etc...) that fans can get behind
  4. Contacting pro CCFC companies to support initiatives that put the spotlight on other parties than Sisu
I think I am correct in saying that the main Wasps sponsor is Jaguar/Land Rover, a Coventry company since its founding. Who is asking them to back channel with Wasps?

There are some real intelligent and supposedly passionate Sky Blues fans on here but frankly we offer nothing but disdain for our fellow fans and the hope that Wasps will cave in.
I want a club that is viable to support and will back anything that gets us to stay at the Ricoh. Yes I blame Sisu with dishonorable mentions to the others but if the club is to vanish or move to pastures new I want to have done something.

Anybody with me?

Name names !!!

chiefdave

How is that the best example?
Because if two companies suing the hell out of each other in non-stop court cases around the world for years can continue working with each other I'm sure wasps can manage to extend the current rental deal another 12 months.

chiefdave

He’s also advising City to sell Ryton and buy Nuneaton for our training facilities, what the hell about Nuneaton Town FC??
He doesn't actually have any involvement in Nuneaton does he? Just owns the ground. Probably worried they will go bust and he'll get stuck with nobody paying rent.

I was eleven in 87

He doesn't actually have any involvement in Nuneaton does he? Just owns the ground. Probably worried they will go bust and he'll get stuck with nobody paying rent.
I don’t know, but I thought it was a very dismissive thing for him to say especially as according to him he is only trying to help out!!

Users who are viewing this thread