E Scooter's.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Get on it/them .
More sign's of them becoming the norm ,both legally or not.
Me I'm for.

skyblue1991

Dec 19, 2012
Most of those riding them are drug runners aren't they?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
They're a fekkin menace!

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Need dedicated cycle lanes now. These things, e-bikes, hoverboards, whatever the fuck comes out next. Clearly a need for safe personal transport routes that won’t be a menace to pedestrians or drivers.
Those lanes in Coundon, madness.

The works around them at the minute is more of a menace.

skybluejelly

Apr 15, 2011
rugby
They are bloody lethal ..I knocked a grown man off one last week when he came round the corner on one as I was walking along the path .. he seemed to think it was my fault ..soon put him right

Mr Panda

Dec 20, 2016
They're super useful in places like Germany and the Netherlands where they're already widely used and there's space to use them. I was always on one when I visited Cologne a couple of years back

Reactions: wingy

duffer

Oct 28, 2010
Like most forms of transport, I'd say the problem is usually the nut behind the wheel.

Ridden carefully, I've got no issue, but because no one's sure whether they should go on the road or the pavement there are already too many numpties flying along endangering pedestrians on the pavements, and risking themselves by riding on the road without lights, helmets or seemingly a care in the world.

No one is going to enforce the law though, so sorting this one is down to Darwin I guess. 🙂

Ditto on the need for proper investment in cycle lanes, but even then, people still need to watch out for one another, imho.

Reactions: Marty and wingy

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Like most forms of transport, I'd say the problem is usually the nut behind the wheel.

Ridden carefully, I've got no issue, but because no one's sure whether they should go on the road or the pavement there are already too many numpties flying along endangering pedestrians on the pavements, and risking themselves by riding on the road without lights, helmets or seemingly a care in the world.

No one is going to enforce the law though, so sorting this one is down to Darwin I guess. 🙂

Ditto on the need for proper investment in cycle lanes, but even then, people still need to watch out for one another, imho.
Darwin lol

Won't hold my breath there. 🤔

Reactions: duffer

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Mar 27, 2011
Used one to commute into Oxford from the park and ride for 6 months or so. Mixture of path and cycle paths. Always slowed right down whenever a pedestrian was near, had numerous conversations with pedestrians about them when at crossings etc and people were broadly positive.

Put a dick on one and they'll be a dick, same as driving a car.

And they are great fun, if rather hair raising at times!

skyblue1991

Dec 19, 2012
I worked in Liverpool the other week and they are everywhere in the city centre

If it weren't for the shit weather I would've given them a go and loved every minute!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
At the risk of @hill83 saying I'm a miserable bastard again

Fucking hate them, used by chavs in manbags and hoods to shift drugs mainly. And of course the little shits with useless parents that treat them and the pavement like Silverstone.

When I come to power Id shoot anyone that rides one on site
and anyone that wears a manbag - shot on sight.

And anyone on public transport who blares music and doesn't use headphones - shot on sight

Would make society a much better place

• Haha
Reactions: hill83

lifeskyblue

May 22, 2015
At the risk of @hill83 saying I'm a miserable bastard again

Fucking hate them, used by chavs in manbags and hoods to shift drugs mainly. And of course the little shits with useless parents that treat them and the pavement like Silverstone.

When I come to power Id shoot anyone that rides one on site
and anyone that wears a manbag - shot on sight.

And anyone on public transport who blares music and doesn't use headphones - shot on sight

Would make society a much better place
You’re my kind of dictator!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
Had them here for a couple of years, not sure what the problem is with them. Never bothered to give one a go though.

SBAndy

Mar 20, 2011
On a separate note, I notice a rogue apostrophe in the title.

Did we ever have an update from itsabuzzard?

Reactions: wingy

Si80

May 25, 2011
The ones in the city centre before they were very quickly removed were great. Used them to cross from the Belgrade NCP to my office, if they were made legal I'd definitely use one daily.