Dutch Tour - Read if you are planning on going ... (1 Viewer)

_brian_

I'm not an advocate of hooliganism, but I've seen some of our 17-18 year old ruffians and when they're in a big group and segregated from opposing fans they can be rather menacing! I'm sure they'll be more than a match for these Dutch mentalists!

simple_simon

What the club is saying is that Tim Fisher does not feel safe.

What would you do if you were out one night and he walked towards you after a few beers?

Sub

is this because thier fans will be annoyed when they see we have no fans there??

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I can only imagine that the concerns are around people travelling from Zwolle to Terwolde who would go to cause trouble. Not sure why it would only happen when a British club plays there though! Unless that's a stereotype British fans have? Wouldn't surprise me tbh!

orig skyblue87

I can only imagine that the concerns are around people travelling from Zwolle to Terwolde who would go to cause trouble. Not sure why it would only happen when a British club plays there though! Unless that's a stereotype British fans have? Wouldn't surprise me tbh!

Im going over aswell SW88, what dont make sense is they have made out its between Dutch fans, but then says Ga Eagles are still playing but against diff opposition, dont make sense!

Porkchophill

Yeah I'm going too nice to see the club have bothered to let anyone travelling over know the situation quick enough to refute statements made about them ..! fans come second again Another PR master class

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im going over aswell SW88, what dont make sense is they have made out its between Dutch fans, but then says Ga Eagles are still playing but against diff opposition, dont make sense!

Think the 'reason' is a smoke screen of the actual reason. I too can't see why they would cancel a game against British opposition for fear of violence between Dutch rival fans, only to arrange a fixture between two Dutch teams!

Rangers are out in Holland on the Saturday! Do they not know the reputation the Scots have? And they'll be taking a lot more fans I imagine than we could ever even imagine taking!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yeah I'm going too nice to see the club have bothered to let anyone travelling over know the situation quick enough to refute statements made about them ..! fans come second again Another PR master class

Club probably think its still going on! Last post I the website was confirming the games, waiting on venues. Can't believe how badly they treat us as supporters! If it wasn't for other fanzines / Dutch supporter notifying us, would we have ever found out we'd been had?

wingy

There's more to this story isn't there??

I think that's possible .Tried to research It last night ,but not easy in a different language ,some direct communication with the Mayor and the Body involved with the decision would be useful. Pretty Sure they had a game against a much higher profile team last week ,possibly Spanish ,then they are still going to have a game in place of us,why does the risk dicipate in that scenario,has to be money involved.

letsallsingtogether

It also stated that maybe other city games affected that makes me feel that we were the treat?

wingy

Is Harry Shaw still suppling the team bus,they must be on a good wack then.I'm suprised they haven't pulled out too.

There must be one among us or within the former players who has a connection within the Harry Shaw group who can ascertain whether plans are In place for the Exodus to NT ,how many coaches will they lay ON??

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Is Harry Shaw still suppling the team bus,they must be on a good wack then.I'm suprised they haven't pulled out too.

I'd like to think with Shaws being a local company they would sever the ties because of how we're being ran, but I'm not sure they will. I imagine they get their contract paid in advance, and may be tied down to a deal.

chiefdave

I'd like to think with Shaws being a local company they would sever the ties because of how we're being ran, but I'm not sure they will. I imagine they get their contract paid in advance, and may be tied down to a deal.

might be another company worth emailing and see what a bit of pressure does. Noticed on the Northants Chronicle site one of their advertisers saying they were pulling out as they don't agree with the ground share.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Poor lad ,sorry to hear this SW88

They really have treated the travelling fans like shite! And I know I'm not alone.

Yes I get a holiday out of it, but I've paid money to fly out, to have a week out in Holland, intending to support my team! And this is the thanks we get! Yes they'll pass the blame onto the event organisers, the opposition, the police, the local bleeding mayor etc, but I'm sure they must have some part to play. There wouldn't be a risk of violence if we weren't in this shit!

Users who are viewing this thread